Home

NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #137
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - First Look At Kevin Durant

I'd like to see the defense recognize when they are beat or when they don't have a chance to contest or block. I hate when I'm on a fast break way ahead of the D and they jump behind me trying to block it, it's any eye sore. Its one thing if they are in legitimate range for a block, but it looks bad when they jump for no reason.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Old 08-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #138
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I was reading the youtube's comments out of curiosity (I know it's wrong) but some guy made a good point. How is Iggy waiting for Durant under the basket when he was just crossed over ?

My point is that that just shows how staged this sequence is and that there is really no reason to be worried at the lack of help defense. Pretty sure Iggy wasn't really crossed over either. The guy using him just got out of the way most likely.

Reading too much into that small of a sequence that's staged is really pointless. All you can look at is animations, accessories, graphics, lightning and court details.

They wanted a teaser where Durant crosses over Iggy and then dunks on him and they did just that. Now I would say that the script of that teaser isn't particularly great.

Anyway that tells me that there is maybe some sort of defensive assignement in the game.

Last edited by Vni; 08-08-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #139
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

On last gen, it took 2K about 4 years to fully take advantage of the system capabilities when it comes to graphics (I consider 2K9...[and maybe 2K10] to be the last one in which the graphics were upgraded big time from previous year. The rest of them received minor upgrades, and were pretty similar to the previous year's game).

Did 2K start so strong on this gen that they already reached 'the 4th year' by now? I sure hope I'm wrong, but it may going to be pretty hard to top 2K14 graphics (especially the players themselves) and upgrade it every year so it doesn't look too similar.

Waiting to see their current built, I'm curious to see what they can achieve.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 1

Why you gotta do Iggy like that, 2K? Good to know most of the Warriors have their hair fixed but Lee's hair is still too dark. And like others mentioned , Iggy is too dark. Curry still looks to be using the same questionable face scan from last year.

Otherwise looks pretty nice, though not sure if I prefer this or 2k14's sweat shaders. 2k14 had a eerily real looking oil/subsurface scattering effect.

And obviously the lack of defense was rigged for the clip. Y'all need to calm down.

It does say something of the marketing department though-- that they would advertise something that looks kinda wacky to regular NBA watchers, one of the best defenders being blow by like he was James Harden, with no rim protection from Bogut, who's only job is that.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-08-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #141
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
On last gen, it took 2K about 4 years to fully take advantage of the system capabilities when it comes to graphics (I consider 2K9...[and maybe 2K10] to be the last one in which the graphics were upgraded big time from previous year. The rest of them received minor upgrades, and were pretty similar to the previous year's game).

Did 2K start so strong on this gen that they already reached 'the 4th year' by now? I sure hope I'm wrong, but it may going to be pretty hard to top 2K14 graphics (especially the players themselves) and upgrade it every year so it doesn't look too similar.

Waiting to see their current built, I'm curious to see what they can achieve.
I've read many times that since new gen consoles are really easy to program on (they're basically mini PC's) they will peak way sooner than did the xbox360 and PS3. I doubt we're there though but if next gen 14 was as good looking as people say it is then it's allright if they focused on other stuff this year. Like the animations, they needed a lot of work imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #142
MVP

OVR: 1

2k14 shaders definitely look more realistic. They capture the subtle dull shading on parts of the skin while rendering oily highlights. This made the player look unbelievably realistic at times. 2k15 seems to render things more evenly covered with sweat-- it captures more highlights that were understated in 2k14 but doesn't have the subtlety the 2k14 shaders have. The skin tones were also more correct in last year's game.

Also seems they played up the rim lighting, which looks good for some parts of shiny skin, but is also a bit too drastic-- it has more of a computer generated look than the almost real lighting of 2k14. You can see it in the fabric of the sleeves in the shots. 2k15 has a slightly unnatural glowing look while 2k14 has things look firmly placed in the proper lighting environment.

It seems that 2k likes to make changes to their best shaders when they're not always for the better. It's like when 2k11 had great sweat shaders and was replaced for the next 3 years by a simplistic, overly waxy look. They're not bad but feels like something was lost. I know I'm nitpicking I'm really into the visuals of this series, especially with some of the amazing work 2k has done making the next gen leap.

Hopefully they're not done yet and the new shaders look better in more other angles and lighting environments.

2k14:

2k15:

Last edited by Sundown; 08-09-2014 at 03:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #143
Pro

OVR: 0

They just need physics so if I jump or run into anything out of control I can actually hit it or be able to move away and not get sucked into an animation...

If I go up for a dunk and there is a defender in front of the hoop he shouldn't get pushed back...I should run into him, around him, or jump and fall over him...there needs to be some type of foul or much better collision detection...

This clip looks like there is still none of that but I'm hoping we hear more about a real time engine or something
Old 08-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #144
MVP

OVR: 3

i could easily do that dribble sequence, just as smooth on 2k14 on ps3

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »