Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #545
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
The new injury system sounds really cool and it's what people have wished for from sports games for years. If I was a bigger NBA fan, I'd be really excited about all of this right now.
Yeah I think that's what has me most intrigued. Hopefully it works well and other sports games start doing similar things with injuries.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #546
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Madden is was and always will be a complete joke. NFL 2K5: we need a comeback.
It's not coming back
Old 08-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #547
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
I'll say this again because it keeps coming up... People thinking that all we did was turn a switch and bring back what was Association in the last generation are so mistaken it's not even funny. We've worked hard to add a plethora of new features which just like SimBaller said we'll be going over in future announcements, besides all the ones mentioned in the article (new injury system, per-opponent gameplan, new prospect scouting, customization sliders).

I hate using "smh", but when I see people saying "Oh so they just readded the gamemode that was removed, GOOD JOB 2K ...NOT" I shake my head.
Leftos don't listen to the non sense brother. The people that see the work put into this mode appreciate everything you guys have done and know that you of all people understand the heart beat of the OS community. I simply ask that you guys find a way to have manual injuries placed in this mode.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #548
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

For someone new to 2k, what is the difference between association and my GM. Who do you control in association? Normally in career modes you act as coach or GM and play games, is that the same in this mode?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #549
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

in association you are essentially the commisioner, owner, gm, and coach

in myGM you are the GM only, can only control your team, and you have to complete owner goals or get fired...it also is entirely built on VC
Old 08-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #550
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thank god, I'll never have to play MyGM ever again.

I like the customizable (re)additions but am more intrigued by what hasn't been announced yet. So far, I don't think there will be too much of a noticeable change from what Association Mode was on Xbox360 and PS3. Sure, the injuries addition add realism and the game planning is nice but on a grand scale, they won't be game-changers.

And I think the developers know this. I'm expecting big things to come out of Association (or whatever MyName it's being called now). The hinted-at scouting/drafting change is tops on my list. What should be one of the most important aspects of a decade-long journey (the influx of new talent) has been almost ignored since the inception of 2K basketball. I would absolutely love to see a scouting process that you can't do in just a few minutes (or less) but rather one that takes careful consideration throughout the year....especially if you are a lotto team. I'd love to see news on the wiretap throughout the NBA season about prospects that are killing it in college. Things like this add to the immersion that an Association mode should have.

As someone who plays offline and on Association Mode 99% of the time, I'm really glad this year they're actually paying attention to a mode in need of a facelift.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #551
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Normalized Played To Sim Minutes

Since some of you can score in 8 min quarters as many points as I do with the Pistons in 12 min quarters, you can set your played minutes to 8, sim minutes to 12, and at the end of the game the players' box scores and season stats will have all their stats, but the minutes will have been extrapolated to be as if you played 12 min quarters. This will allow you to play a different quarter length than what you sim but have your minutes be consistent with everyone else in the league.

So if I play 6 minute quarters and sim 12, a player that played 18 minutes in my game will show up in the box-score after the game as having played 36.
This is awesome, I always hated playing 8 min quarters and averaging less minutes than everyone else in the league but my stats lined up with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #552
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
Threw in some extra nuggets for you guys, I see you are already picking up on them. Like I said, still much more to come for what we did IN the mode(s).

Your boy Leftos has been busy.
I'm not a huge NBA guy but having these options to set up a league like I want = A sale for the simple reasoning of showing when a developer makes strides and listens to gamers, it will never hurt them.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »