Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #457
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
I mentioned this in another thread regarding schemes, but here is my 2 main issues with it as it was setup in 25.

1. Scheme overalls don't translate from the menus into the game. So in the menu I'll have a guy showing 82 overall but once I enter the game and need to make a sub all the sudden he is a 65.

2. Schemes make it way too easy to alter the results of games you simulate. My all time favorite example: Devin Hester. If you set the bears wr scheme to speed, Devin Hester becomes a 90 overall and leads the NFL in receiving. In any other scheme Devin Hester is a 69 overall who sucks and can't catch. I don't care what scheme you run, no scheme should make Devin Hester the best receiver in the NFL.

EDIT: what do you mean by "front end overall"? I get what the other guy was saying about schemes affecting how much guys got paid. Because this was an easy way to game free agency too. Go edit your scheme to be the exact opposite of the guy in free agency you want and his overall will go down IN FREE AGENCY allowing you to sign him for less and then you flip your scheme to what his optimal is and you've got a legit player on the cheap.
1. EA says they fixed that this year and now the in game overall will match the menu overall (the scheme overall)

2. To be honest I am not sure how overall affects the simulation engine. I remember you (at least I assume it was you) mentioned the Hester thing before but I never noticed that problem so I cannot speak on it.

3. Front end overall is the default rosters that are used in play now. They are the "true" overall. Your trick of changing scheme would not work for two reasons: Once a AI team makes an offer your lowball offer will get declined.More importantly, your scheme does not affect the free agent's asking price. His base overall determines how much money he wants.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #458
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm not going to touch the scheme should effect production. You have it wrong, and I will leave it at that.
What good is scheme if it doesn't effect production? There is a reason some players are better in certain schemes. And it shows in their production. If my RB's, WR's DT's production is not effected by scheme, then what good is scheme? I could just have 65 rated RB, WR, and DT and pay them peanuts with their production being the same as an 85 rated RB, WR, DT.

Quote:
You either ignored what I said about front end overall determining salary or are having a hard time processing it. I honestly do not know which it is.
I didn't ignore this. It's just flat out wrong. Scheme overall does effect salary. I saw it on my team, in my franchise.

Quote:
You never answered my questions as to what run plays you ran andwhat kind of runner is this 65 overall guy. That matters.
And why should it matter? If a 65 guy doesn't fit in the teams scheme and that's why he's 65, why should he be just as productive as an 85 that fits your teams scheme running the exact same plays? I saw the same thing at WR and DT.

Quote:
Schemes are not ineffective, they work rather well. The shortcomings that are present are due to other gameplay related issues. If you want to take that as some moral victory in this little debate you and I are having go ahead but I just think you do not understand the purpose of schemes.
I understand the purpose of schemes. Whatever is causing the schemes to be ineffective (gameplay related issues) the schemes are still ineffective. You can say my cars just fine, my problem is a flat tire. But the car still isn't moving and won't until the tire gets fixed. Makes my car ineffective.

Last edited by bucky60; 08-08-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
1. EA says they fixed that this year and now the in game overall will match the menu overall (the scheme overall)

2. To be honest I am not sure how overall affects the simulation engine. I remember you (at least I assume it was you) mentioned the Hester thing before but I never noticed that problem so I cannot speak on it.

3. Front end overall is the default rosters that are used in play now. They are the "true" overall. Your trick of changing scheme would not work for two reasons: Once a AI team makes an offer your lowball offer will get declined.More importantly, your scheme does not affect the free agent's asking price. His base overall determines how much money he wants.
1. That's great news.

2. Yeah, I mentioned the Hester example a few times. Someone else mentioned JJ Watt going from like a 99 to a 78 based on scheme which is crazy, he'd be good in anything.

3. I felt like it worked when resigning your own guys before they hit free agency. I feel like I did this with a defensive tackle every time. Set my scheme to the opposite of his and signed him on the cheap because he showed as like a 62 then went back and changed it and he shows as an 80+. I believe it was amobi okoye this always worked with (of course, this is just me gaming the system and I stopped doing so, but that's still a dumb thing).
Old 08-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #460
Banned

Quote:
You can still resign your own players cheap before they go into free agency.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #461
Banned

Quote:
3. I felt like it worked when resigning your own guys before they hit free agency. I feel like I did this with a defensive tackle every time. Set my scheme to the opposite of his and signed him on the cheap because he showed as like a 62 then went back and changed it and he shows as an 80+. I believe it was amobi okoye this always worked with (of course, this is just me gaming the system and I stopped doing so, but that's still a dumb thing).
The thing is, you wouldn't even have to change your scheme back because I found the 62 DT was still very productive since his actual ratings don't change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #462
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
1. That's great news.

2. Yeah, I mentioned the Hester example a few times. Someone else mentioned JJ Watt going from like a 99 to a 78 based on scheme which is crazy, he'd be good in anything.

Okoye has a "true" overall of 75 I think. So what was happening is that he wanted salary of a 75 overall player even though you viewed him as 80+.
So yeah, you got him cheaper than what you think he may have been worth but it wasn't because you changed to a scheme that undervalued him.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #463
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
What good is scheme if it doesn't effect production? There is a reason some players are better in certain schemes. And it shows in their production. If my RB's, WR's DT's production is not effected by scheme, then what good is scheme? I could just have 65 rated RB, WR, and DT and pay them peanuts with their production being the same as an 85 rated RB, WR, DT.
I have answered this question before. We are talking in circles. You say you do but you actually do not get schemes at all.

Quote:
I didn't ignore this. It's just flat out wrong. Scheme overall does effect salary. I saw it on my team, in my franchise.
And in my franchise I did not see it. Out of curiosity though I did a google search on the issue and found nothing. So such a obvious exploit of the game and the internet knows nothing?? I would think I would find complaints from online CFM guys wouldn't you??

Quote:
And why should it matter? If a 65 guy doesn't fit in the teams scheme and that's why he's 65, why should he be just as productive as an 85 that fits your teams scheme running the exact same plays? I saw the same thing at WR and DT.
So it does not matter. Then answer the question. What running plays did you call?

Quote:
I understand the purpose of schemes. Whatever is causing the schemes to be ineffective (gameplay related issues) the schemes are still ineffective. You can say my cars just fine, my problem is a flat tire. But the car still isn't moving and won't until the tire gets fixed. Makes my car ineffective.
I really don't think you do. You have asked this same question about three times :What good is scheme if it doesn't effect production?
I have answered multiple times yet it continues to be asked.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #464
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Okoye has a "true" overall of 75 I think. So what was happening is that he wanted salary of a 75 overall player even though you viewed him as 80+.
So yeah, you got him cheaper than what you think he may have been worth but it wasn't because you changed to a scheme that undervalued him.
We're we able to view TRUE OVERALL in the menus of cfm? I felt like there was a way but it was really convoluted and required going through multiple screens. I'm working on getting a copy on eBay so I'll have to check some of these things out again if I do before trading it in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »