Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #505
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

I just hope they get the simulated stats to a realistic point. That has always been a huge frustration for me in the past. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours tweaking the roster to just get guys like Kevin Love to avg 10 rpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #506
Banned

OVR: 0

Can someone explain to me the appeal of playing over a span of 80 years? Do people typically sim a majority of the games in this type of mode? I was never an association player but I might want to get into it. Can someone sell me on it?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #507
Rookie

CrimsionXBL's Arena

OVR: 2
As someone who loves playing association mode in the 2k series, this doesn't tickle my fancy. All it is is MyGM with the ability to control how your league plays out pretty much, I wish they would just bring back online association, Online franchises are the future and I'm disappointed that 2k has pushed them aside.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #508
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyramen
Can someone explain to me the appeal of playing over a span of 80 years? Do people typically sim a majority of the games in this type of mode? I was never an association player but I might want to get into it. Can someone sell me on it?
I cannot sell you on it but I think the 80 years thing kind of depends on what a person is going for. I usually only play three years or so. The joy for me is replicating real life to a large extent, but with some derivation (i.e. controlling my Pistons, but maybe finding a way to trade away Josh Smith even though he hasn't been dealt in real life). I also like finding authentic draft classes to make the following years feel realistic as well.

In recent years I've settled on playing one game during every schedule week or two, so I can have an on-court influence as well as an off-court influence (my management skills will determine simulation success) while also allowing me to move forward through the years. If I played every game, I think I might struggle to make it much further than a year.

On the other hand, I have at least one friend who loves franchise modes for the manner with which he can run a fantasy draft, build his team, then reel off dozens of years of dominance, mostly through simulation. Crafting, wheeling, and dealing seem to be his primary emphasis. He often has multiple friends participate - hanging out, drafting rosters, and playing the head-to-heads when they occur during the season.

Essentially, the mode is kind of what you make of it, as realistic and unrealistic as you may choose.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-08-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #509
MVP

OVR: 1

Quick question, I take it we won't be able to start a MyLeague at the current date like before?
Old 08-08-2014, 11:18 AM   #510
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyramen
It just is an awesome option to just have. I know as someone who use to play MLB2k, you could only play around 10 seasons in the career mode no matter your age and it'll force you to retire. Here, that is a complete non-threat, also it's awesome that players you draft have the ability to finish their career. You can have guys you draft in year #20, that retire in year #38, that's awesome.

Also, I know I will at least simulate 10 years in just to see where the leagues at (who the superstars are, etc.. just for fun) As a sports gamer, all I want are options. period, if you give me that you got a 99% chance to have my purchase for the sport, 2k has given that pretty greatly here.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #511
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
I just hope they get the simulated stats to a realistic point. That has always been a huge frustration for me in the past. I no longer want to spend hours upon hours tweaking the roster to just get guys like Kevin Love to avg 10 rpg
use someone elses!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #512
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Well...I thought I was gonna have an extra 60 bucks in my wallet this fall. Guess not. Lol! Thank you, 2K (especially Leftos) for listening to us offline, sim guys. Really appreciate it. Also, I can't wait to see Bed's influence on the rosters. We may not hafta do as much editing as we used to with him on the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »