Home

Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #209
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Livestream: Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
While it seems unrealistic a team would trade or cut its best players look at what happened this current offseason: Derrel Revis, Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware, Cortland Finnegan, Steve Smith, Champ Bailey and Chris Johnson were all released by their teams. Then you had the Bills trading Steve Johnson and The Texans trading Matt Schuab. If any of this happened last year in the game people would have said "that would never happen in the real NFL in one offseason, the game is broken it needs to be patched asap".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Ahh I thought someone said he was a FB, I was trying to be hopeful that EA didn't mess this up lol. Always try to be optimistic with them, always regret it in the end though.
I put these two together because the last one applies to first, imo, lol. I understand benefit of the doubt and have given it numerous times to an unreleased Madden too, only for it to be undeserved the majority of the time. Regardless of how it seems in this particular forum, I'm not negative by nature and generally hope for the best but Madden is what it is. Meaning considering how often x is done in-game without a realistic based rhyme or reason for context, chances are that's what happened here.

Reading your post describing the "storylines" behind roster moves in the real NFL instantly made me wonder why they don't add those to player transaction in CFM. I was listening to Joe Gibbs yesterday on a radio show where he was saying how watching sports is so captivating because nothing is guaranteed and they are the best reality series ever created. If Madden would add some personality to personnel decisions they wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

Spoiler

All that wishlisty stuff aside, they should just add an option for the User to have "Commish" control of any league, meaning even an offline/online solo/1 User control, no matter how many CPU controlled teams AND provide them the ability to approve whatever personnel moves they choose to around the league, with the control to go in to handle those situations manually.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #210
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I put these two together because the last one applies to first, imo, lol. I understand benefit of the doubt and have given it numerous times to an unreleased Madden too, only for it to be undeserved the majority of the time. Regardless of how it seems in this particular forum, I'm not negative by nature and generally hope for the best but Madden is what it is. Meaning considering how often x is done in-game without a realistic based rhyme or reason for context, chances are that's what happened here.

Reading your post describing the "storylines" behind roster moves in the real NFL instantly made me wonder why they don't add those to player transaction in CFM. I was listening to Joe Gibbs yesterday on a radio show where he was saying how watching sports is so captivating because nothing is guaranteed and they are the best reality series ever created. If Madden would add some personality to personnel decisions they wouldn't be nearly as frustrating.

Spoiler

All that wishlisty stuff aside, they should just add an option for the User to have "Commish" control of any league, meaning even an offline/online solo/1 User control, no matter how many CPU controlled teams AND provide them the ability to approve whatever personnel moves they choose to around the league, with the control to go in to handle those situations manually.
I like this idea, it would keep offline CFM's fresh by allowing the user to either replicate the real NFL better or create his own storylines the way he sees fit. Imagine being in year 2 of your CFM and making the Patriots trade Tom Brady, will that be the end of the dynasty or does Jimmy G step up?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #211
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Because this guy was a safety. I'm sure lots of safeties look 300 lb's.

The real point is they dropped the ball big time not letting us at least edit some if not all the generated players once they are on rosters in CFM. Even if changing ratings wouldn't be allowed, changing body type shouldn't mess anything up.

NCAA worked just fine with being able to fully edit players in offline dynasty and even online you could edit everything but, ratings and position. There is no good excuse. They made a CFM that limits gamers ability to fix they're mistakes.

And then you look at what that other basketball game just did with MyLeague, and the facepalm over Madden gets painful. Leaves a mark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #212
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

yeah, looks like the Falcons and Bears had a busy offseason there. Falcons traded or lost in FA - Hester (currently 1st year of 4 year deal), Quizz (who has been our main 3rd down receiving back for years), and Biermann (verdict is still out on. I don't think he's anything special). The Bears lost Cutler and Forte, it seems. Maybe, the Falcons traded Biermann straight up for Cutler. lol. The Bears cleared up some cap space and got rid of a notorious whiner and got a quality backup DE/hybrid/LB type guy. lol, and the Falcons got a quality backup for Ryan, maybe? lol, idk. In my CFM for madden 25 on 360, RG3 was out of Was in a year or 2, and that seemed odd. In my CFM on xbox1, Russell Wilson was gone after a year or 2 and Cam Newton moved onto the Raiders. I think in one of the CFM's, Peyton already moved on from the Broncos to the Raiders. lol, so while I don't trust EA's FA logic, i take it for it is, and sometimes the NFL is pretty random, so this doesn't kill me, but makes me laugh sometimes, for sure.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #213
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
yeah, looks like the Falcons and Bears had a busy offseason there. Falcons traded or lost in FA - Hester (currently 1st year of 4 year deal), Quizz (who has been our main 3rd down receiving back for years), and Biermann (verdict is still out on. I don't think he's anything special). The Bears lost Cutler and Forte, it seems. Maybe, the Falcons traded Biermann straight up for Cutler. lol. The Bears cleared up some cap space and got rid of a notorious whiner and got a quality backup DE/hybrid/LB type guy. lol, and the Falcons got a quality backup for Ryan, maybe? lol, idk. In my CFM for madden 25 on 360, RG3 was out of Was in a year or 2, and that seemed odd. In my CFM on xbox1, Russell Wilson was gone after a year or 2 and Cam Newton moved onto the Raiders. I think in one of the CFM's, Peyton already moved on from the Broncos to the Raiders. lol, so while I don't trust EA's FA logic, i take it for it is, and sometimes the NFL is pretty random, so this doesn't kill me, but makes me laugh sometimes, for sure.
We would have to see Atlanta roster to see what trades were really made. Hester actually a signed a 3 year deal with Atalnta, and in the second and third years the Falcons can save money against the cap by cutting him. Quizz and Biermann are in the final year of their rookie deals so they might not have resigned him and the Marshalls just added them in free agency. We don't really know what happened to Cutler/Forte. Maybe Cutler was injured (has missed 12 games over the last 3 seasons) or maybe he regressed to the point and they game-planned Fales to the point where he was the better QB. We really can't make too much of the logic based on this scenario without looking at the Falcons roster and the Bears injury report/depth chart.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #214
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

So I just now got to watch this and I see that after a week of "game prep" the Browns are only able to develop 3 players? This means it will be ridiculously hard to develop players through practice now. Why should only 3 players see improvement after a week of practice?
Old 08-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #215
MVP

Number999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
So I just now got to watch this and I see that after a week of "game prep" the Browns are only able to develop 3 players? This means it will be ridiculously hard to develop players through practice now. Why should only 3 players see improvement after a week of practice?
People complained a ton about how easy it was to upgrade your players, that's probably one of the ways they made it more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #216
Banned

OVR: 11

One small thing from the xbox/PS2 days I'd love to see back to help with immersion:

When looking at a players career stats, you'd see the teams they used to play on as well. So several years into the franchise, if you checked out a player (usually cpu generated) you weren't terribly familiar with, you could see what teams he played on. Was he a journeyman? Been with the same team his whole career? That kind of thing...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »