Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #497
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

i wonder what the reason we cant get an answer on draft picks is?
Old 08-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #498
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

This mode sounds really great, and I will play it, but online leagues need a HUGE overhaul and hopefully that happens. I'm still sad.
Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #499
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30
Hallelujah!!

Time to pre-order
Old 08-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #500
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
A few tidbits:

Couch Co-op = YES.

I started a new MyLEAGUE earlier today, in the 8th season now. The number of 90+ players in the league in year 8 is the same number as in year 1. Anyone who has a history with our game knows how great that is.

I've seen a few questions about setting injuries manually. That isn't something we support in the game right now. If you guys need it, I'll see if we can add it before ship. No promises, so don't hold it against me if it doesn't make it!

You can trade picks up to 3 years in advance now (instead of 1).

Really, this mode is for you guys. Once you get it, I want to hear what you like, what you don't like, and what you think is missing.

Manual injuries and the ability to intervene in games are the two biggest things on my wishlist at this point. Manual injuries for obvious reasons (see Paul George). Of course, now that we can edit ratings, at least we have a workaround for those....

With that said, I guess that means intervening in games in the #1 item on my wishlist. I can't express how important this is to me because I don't have time to play all 48 minutes of every game and I would like to have my own fingerprints in as many games as possible. I've said in the past that it's a "make or break" item for me, but honestly I can't ignore all of the other improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
Anyway back on topic,

can developers confirm if any of these will be addressed:

- Too many contract extensions signed during the regular season. Should happen 75% of the time in the off-season.
- Ability to execute 3-team trades. Also make the A.I perform 3-team trades with one another.
- More in-depth draft picks when trading. For example, lottery protected, swapping picks, trading picks beyond 2 years, etc.
- More than 4 slots when proposing trades.
- Majority of non-lottery rookies should be receiving limited playing time. They should mainly get the opportunity to play when injury occurs or lack of depth at the position.
This is all good stuff here, as well. Hopefully, we get three team trades, the option for real life draft picks and the ability to set draft pick protection, etc. For me though all of that stuff would be the cherry on top if they added intervening in games and manual injuries. My fingers are crossed.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #501
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

On a serious note, everything they've added makes this mode epic. If they added D-League and a few other things to this mode, we could thank the 2K gods!!!!! (Not Ronnie2K though)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #502
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

*Love the injuries
*controlling 30 teams
*local saves
*1 season or 90

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 08-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #503
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Can we adjust players playing time? If so, is it similar to the way 360/PS3 does it? Also do the changes control the playing time during simmed games as well as played games?
Yes, rotations are fully editable right off the bat. New to NBA 2K15 is our ‘Gameplan’ feature. Gameplans allow you to set highly customized strategies per opponent. For each team you face, you can set a customized rotation to take advantage of deficiencies in your opponent. You can set preferred defensive matchups, adjust coaching sliders specifically for that team, custom Points of Emphasis, and so on. If this all sounds like too much, you can just set a global Gameplan that you want applied to all opponents or even select teams. These Gameplans are in full effect regardless of whether it is a played game or a simulated game. You will have far more control over the outcome of a game than ever before, and we don’t want it any other way.

The bolded means that individual defensive settings are back? Let us gameplan on how we are going to try to slow down Melo, LeBron, Durant etc. and fail miserably on most nights lol.

I have to say this mode sounds like a beast association mode. There is an emphasis on MY on this mode. You get to play the game however we would like to play it.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:41 AM   #504
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by technine
i dont undrstand all the excitement. we are excited for an off-line association/mygm hybrid with "features"that never should have been taken out of the game in the first place?
The way I figure, this first announcement could have been about MyGM upgrades, featuring something like the ability to import Diamond Kobe into your MyGM once you've accumulated 17,753 points in Virtual Currency, or new GM/Player soap opera cut scenes.

Instead, the MyLeague reveal seems to insinuate at least a partial return to off-court simulation, control, and realism. After 2K13 and 2K14, I think a lot of people were wondering if it was time to come to terms with NBA 2K being a game featuring authentic on-court play but VC-driven, awful-story-mode ridden, lowest common denominator unrealistic interactions off the NBA hardwood.

Personally, I was prepared for every mode in 2K15 to involve VC payments and an emphasis on always being connected to the internet without the ability to save locally for the foreseeable future. Instead, 2K seems to have gone in the direction of classic 2K in regards to this MyLeague revelation. We'll have to see how it actually plays out but it seems like a great step in the right direction - and though it's a return to how things were before in many regards - it's a welcomed return.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »