Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
I have a bad feeling that they are trying to make MUT their main mode much like NBA 2K has made MyPlayer (or whatever its called now) their main mode.
We will need to wait for the MUT reveal but from what Ive read, seems like they are putting more effort/resources towards MUT than CFM or any other mode.
Did you read all the information on what 2k has done with the association/MyGm overall, now called MyLeague? They put a TON of work into that offline mode and even removed VC from the equation altogether, making it just like old school association mode.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #450
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
That is interesting because I show that only 2 teams did not pay for the official times this year. Also, I believe that Walsh said Rice ran a 4.59, not 4.71. I think you are missing my point in that this data is relevant to quantifying a player'a physical traits. I never said anything about it saying how good a player will be. However, Chad Reuter had a great article circa 2008 about how faster players are typically drafted higher and will typically make more pro bowls and all pro rosters. I will see if I can dig that up.
Bill Belichick has never belonged to either national scouting service. In 1993 when he was the coach of the Browns together with Mike Lombardi, Ernie Adams, Ozzie Newsome and a few others they developed their own scouting system different from what most of the NFL uses. They have their own way of grading players and their own way of quantifying results from events like the Senior Bowl and Combine. Ozzie took it with him to Baltimore, Thomas Dmitroff took it with him to Atlanta. That is one of the reasons Belichick almost completely ignores 40 times and focuses more on the 3 cone drill.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #451
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
RB is a position where scheme matters less and we all know the reason. If you have a fast RB he will be effective.
If something makes scheme much less effective, then scheme is much less effective. Whatever the cause, the schemes don't work the way they should.

Quote:
No, it is a problem with how speed, acceleration, and agility are nearly the only things that matter for RBs.
If speed causes scheme to not work correctly, then scheme doesn't work correctly.

Quote:
But if you think a player should run slower, be less agile, etc simply because he is playing out of scheme then we have reached a fundamental disagreement.
I think scheme should effect player performance. So my 65 RB and WR don't produce like my 85 RB and WR. Same with my 3-4 DT.

Quote:
No it is not simple math, because there are different overalls. The scheme influenced overall is not the real overall, i.e. it is not the overall driving the engine.
But the scheme overall helps determine salary. I know my 65 scheme RB was real cheap to resign. Why does it matter that the depth chart and in game overall is different if the scheme overall is what effects salary. Again, scheme effects overall, overall effects salary. Scheme effects salary.

Quote:
I actually do disagree with this statement. The problem is not with scheme but with the player ratings and their impact on gameplay such as the aforementioned speed of RBs.
Does it really matter to us consumers what the underlying cause is that makes scheme ineffective? If ratings make scheme ineffective, then scheme is ineffective. I think rosters and depth charts should also be changed to give schemes the depth they need to be useful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #452
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Did you read all the information on what 2k has done with the association/MyGm overall, now called MyLeague? They put a TON of work into that offline mode and even removed VC from the equation altogether, making it just like old school association mode.
Just read it myself and EA needs to take a page out of their book. That's how you do a Franchise Mode! I want that type of control in a Madden Franchise Mode with all 32 team control. Why is that so hard to do in regards to giving us the customization WE want? Now if I'm wrong about this on Madden '15, I'll take this back. I need proof that I can have this type of control before I can buy Madden. It should be MY game and world where I can do what I want. That's the foundation of a sports game. Control. We should have control.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #453
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Just read it myself and EA needs to take a page out of their book. That's how you do a Franchise Mode! I want that type of control in a Madden Franchise Mode with all 32 team control. Why is that so hard to do in regards to giving us the customization WE want? Now if I'm wrong about this on Madden '15, I'll take this back. I need proof that I can have this type of control before I can buy Madden. It should be MY game and world where I can do what I want. That's the foundation of a sports game. Control. We should have control.
Couldn't agree more!
Old 08-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #454
Banned

OVR: 27

After watching football last night, I need this game in my life ASAP.

I wish they would go back to releasing Madden in early August instead of late August.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #455
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If something makes scheme much less effective, then scheme is much less effective. Whatever the cause, the schemes don't work the way they should.

If speed causes scheme to not work correctly, then scheme doesn't work correctly.

I think scheme should effect player performance. So my 65 RB and WR don't produce like my 85 RB and WR. Same with my 3-4 DT.

But the scheme overall helps determine salary. I know my 65 scheme RB was real cheap to resign. Why does it matter that the depth chart and in game overall is different if the scheme overall is what effects salary. Again, scheme effects overall, overall effects salary. Scheme effects salary.

Does it really matter to us consumers what the underlying cause is that makes scheme ineffective? If ratings make scheme ineffective, then scheme is ineffective. I think rosters and depth charts should also be changed to give schemes the depth they need to be useful.
We are talking in circles so this will be my last comment.

Schemes may be less effective but it is not the fault of schemes. It is the fault of other shortcomings in the game.

I'm not going to touch the scheme should effect production. You have it wrong, and I will leave it at that.

You either ignored what I said about front end overall determining salary or are having a hard time processing it. I honestly do not know which it is.

You never answered my questions as to what run plays you ran andwhat kind of runner is this 65 overall guy. That matters.

Schemes are not ineffective, they work rather well. The shortcomings that are present are due to other gameplay related issues. If you want to take that as some moral victory in this little debate you and I are having go ahead but I just think you do not understand the purpose of schemes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #456
Rookie

Quote:
We are talking in circles so this will be my last comment.

Schemes may be less effective but it is not the fault of schemes. It is the fault of other shortcomings in the game.

I'm not going to touch the scheme should effect production. You have it wrong, and I will leave it at that.

You either ignored what I said about front end overall determining salary or are having a hard time processing it. I honestly do not know which it is.

You never answered my questions as to what run plays you ran andwhat kind of runner is this 65 overall guy. That matters.

Schemes are not ineffective, they work rather well. The shortcomings that are present are due to other gameplay related issues. If you want to take that as some moral victory in this little debate you and I are having go ahead but I just think you do not understand the purpose of schemes.
I mentioned this in another thread regarding schemes, but here is my 2 main issues with it as it was setup in 25.

1. Scheme overalls don't translate from the menus into the game. So in the menu I'll have a guy showing 82 overall but once I enter the game and need to make a sub all the sudden he is a 65.

2. Schemes make it way too easy to alter the results of games you simulate. My all time favorite example: Devin Hester. If you set the bears wr scheme to speed, Devin Hester becomes a 90 overall and leads the NFL in receiving. In any other scheme Devin Hester is a 69 overall who sucks and can't catch. I don't care what scheme you run, no scheme should make Devin Hester the best receiver in the NFL.

EDIT: what do you mean by "front end overall"? I get what the other guy was saying about schemes affecting how much guys got paid. Because this was an easy way to game free agency too. Go edit your scheme to be the exact opposite of the guy in free agency you want and his overall will go down IN FREE AGENCY allowing you to sign him for less and then you flip your scheme to what his optimal is and you've got a legit player on the cheap.

Last edited by lopey986; 08-08-2014 at 11:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »