Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-08-2014, 12:52 AM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
So can i get a break down of what's new about association that wasn't in other previous 2k titles? I mean i give them props for recognizing it was a mistake to take it away in the first place, but i'm not really ready to jump on the "I GOTTA PRE ORDER THIS NOW" bandwagon just because they brought back a mode that shouldn't of been removed in the first place. That seems like 1 step back and 1 step forward to me.

I really do wanna know if there's big differences between this and previous association. Can someone fill me in?
More customization, new injury systems, some vague promises of new prospect scouting, and I think the per team adjustments are all new features.
Old 08-08-2014, 12:58 AM   #434
MVP

OVR: 0

^Hmm, i need more info man. More customization is kinda vague. I'm genuinely interested about a new injury system though. Per team adjustments is interesting as well.

@ King_B_MackI'm not sure why it would take that long, it's not like they're making a new mode from scratch. The base is there. And i remember leftos or another 2k employee saying they wanted mygm to try a more controlled approach in 2k14. And yeah i'm happy it's back, and i give 2k props for not trying to stick with that god awful mygm mode, but i'm not gonna lose my mind over a mode that was taken away, and then given back when it shouldn't of been taken away in the first place, again, a step back, and a step forward. Glad to have it back, that simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
In a nutshell,
  1. The option to turn on/off salary caps and hard caps
  2. An array of 'Association' sliders
What sliders tho?

Last edited by SPRINGS03; 08-08-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #435
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Why don't you read the article man

..and you can pick and be mad all day the point is people can be happy they have a highly customizable mode on the new Gen systems.

It was already unrealistic to expect all of this in year one with 2 games being made and a new system... but how we all ignored that and acted like they were lazy and for once couldn't chill long enough to see if it was an anomaly which it was and hopefully one that never rears it's head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #436
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

MyLEAGUE is not just what was announced in this post. There's more features that we'll go into later on.

"Association with a few sliders?" Far from it.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 08-08-2014, 01:12 AM   #437
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

And by the way association wasn't taken out of 2k14 it was there on ps3 360 and PC.

...but that's none of our business right?
Old 08-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #438
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
And by the way association wasn't taken out of 2k14 it was there on ps3 360 and PC.

...but that's none of our business right?
Off Topic: Why is your name orange?
Old 08-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #439
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

So, just so I understand, fans shouldn't be happy that 2k has brought back a mode that fans spoke out against removing?

As many arguments we have about people speaking out about what they want...this should be a win for a community. Instead were itemizing improvements in comparison to what was in past 2k's?

Don't get that logic at all. If they make improvements to team defense/rebounding in the game, ill be ecstatic...not going to sit here and say "those things were done well in 2k11, they should have never been changed"

What's the point of that?
Old 08-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #440
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Here's another thing to think about and add to the list of why people SHOULD be happy and cheering for this announcement, but it'll be glossed over and ignored by a bunch to keep up the "2K doesn't listen/care about it's fans" stuff that's taken over this place. Because they kept their word. While dudes have been in here being Chicken Little with the damn sky falling for the last year about last year's LAUNCH title. Leftos told everybody from the beginning that association had to take a step back while they fixed it so we'd get MyGM in the meantime. I didn't think they'd work as quickly as they did in delivering the goods, but man did they get it done quick. I thought it would be 2K16 at least before we saw association again and here we are.
Agree with you King!....tho i was a frustrated customer without my association mode on next gen!, I'm really happy association is getting pushed to the front again, it is the core mode, and should stay that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
MyLEAGUE is not just what was announced in this post. There's more features that we'll go into later on.

"Association with a few sliders?" Far from it.
glad to hear Leftos, if all gets delivered and works smoothly this could be a great year for NBA 2k fans, you know hardcore association players drool over information like this!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTheClip
Off Topic: Why is your name orange?
He is a moderator

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »