Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #425
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

I was also wondering that s CFM yr to yr with madden 16 kind of like The Show is where don't have to restar our franchises every yr, I really hope that it is like this

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #426
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Well, if number 1 is true, then the majority of my complaints from M13 should no longer exist.

Complaints are based on schemes because I didnt have these problems in M12. The attributes are important but the game, the CPU goes by the overall rating...nothing else. That's why I do the same.

I personally hate schemes. I agree with what you said about players being viewed and rated differently based on the team. That right there though was the problem...the game didnt do that when playing in-game. It was just a cosmetic gimmick yet didnt exist in-game.

Anyway, if the overall ratings now match, hopefully, I'll actually be able to play Madden for more than just a few days.
Only issue with what you said is the bolded. It actually did matter in game as that was the basis for some of your complaints. Teams had guys with lower in game overalls further down their depth chart. This was because the depth chart was determined by schemes and not the base overall that was seen in game.
Overall rating in itself is just a pure cosmetic thing
Old 08-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #427
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrollbar
can we disable relocation? god please let this be so.
you could last year
Old 08-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #428
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Only issue with what you said is the bolded. It actually did matter in game as that was the basis for some of your complaints. Teams had guys with lower in game overalls further down their depth chart. This was because the depth chart was determined by schemes and not the base overall that was seen in game.
Overall rating in itself is just a pure cosmetic thing
Well, if scheme only effects overall and CPU depth charts and doesn't actually effect player production, then I agree with the other guy in that schemes are somewhat cosmetic. If your 65 overall running back who is out of scheme can produce as well as your 85 overall running back, then scheme is somewhat cosmetic. I would be able to pay that 65 RB a lot less and not lose production. For scheme to not be cosmetic, then scheme would have to effect individual ratings and not just overall or there should be more of a direct relationship between attributes and scheme.

I like the idea of schemes in games, but I don't think it was implemented very well.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #429
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, the changes look good!

I loved this part:

CPU teams have extensive logic that determines what they work on every week. Bad teams will focus mostly on developing their players, while contenders will focus on confidence first and then earn XP if confidence isn’t an issue.
yeh I'm pretty impressed
Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #430
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Well, if scheme only effects overall and CPU depth charts and doesn't actually effect player production, then I agree with the other guy in that schemes are somewhat cosmetic. If your 65 overall running back who is out of scheme can produce as well as your 85 overall running back, then scheme is somewhat cosmetic. I would be able to pay that 65 RB a lot less and not lose production. For scheme to not be cosmetic, then scheme would have to effect individual ratings and not just overall or there should be more of a direct relationship between attributes and scheme.

I like the idea of schemes in games, but I don't think it was implemented very well.
Overall has no effect in game; players will only perform according to their individual attributes. However overall may impact the simulation engine. I never tested this myself so I cannot say whether it does or does not.

Schemes primary purpose is to serve as a tool for AI roster management and to a lesser extent to help the user in making roster decisions. The best example is for DEs. A 88 3-4 DE is very different from a 88 4-3 DE.

Regarding the last sentence, I completely disagree with what you said if I am understanding you correctly.

" For scheme to not be cosmetic, then scheme would have to effect individual ratings and not just overall or there should be more of a direct relationship between attributes and scheme."

Why should scheme effect ratings? Makes no sense to say that because a RB is a one cut RB his agility should increase. The reverse is true, that is ratings affect scheme. The second part also leaves me confused as there is a direct relationship already. If you got a WR who is 6'5" with high jumping then he would make a good red zone threat and teams that want those types of WRs would view him higher than a team who wants a quick route running WR.

Finally when it comes to compensation, I am fairly certain that what you pay a player or what he asks for is determined by their baseline overall. If you have your WR player type set to red zone threat and attempt to sign DeSean Jackson he will still want DeSean Jackson money. You will not be able to lowball him.

Schemes are more than cosmetic because they dictate AI decisions.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #431
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
While I would love to see a combine, realistically you can't take much from it. Real NFL scouts/coaches call it the underwear Olympics for a reason. 40 yd dash was originally designed for gunners because the average punt was 40 yds. It doesn't tell you how fast a player will be in an actual game situation, it tell's you how fast he is in perfect conditions, running in a straight line while wearing underwear. While we have to spend points to determine speed, NFL teams have to spend ridiculous amount of times in the film room to determine just how fast or strong a recruit really is. They mainly use the combine for two reasons: one it's the first chance you have all the recruits practicing together and interacting with one another. Two it's the first chance many teams have to interview every player on their draft board.

I have a few issues with this post.

1. The phrase "Underwear Olympics" goes back to its use in media vernacular, not coaching/scouting vernacular. Brad Sham, the play-by-play commentator for the Cowboys Radio Broadcasts, was one of the original commentators to use it, circa 2008. Mike Florio made it even more popular with an article in 2010. I know several scouts that started their careers out as interns with NFLDS, and I have never ONCE heard any of them use that term to describe the combines/pro days. So your assumption that "scouts/coaches" refer to it in this way is erroneous.

2. While true that the 40 yard dash was used as a metric to calculate how fast a player would cover 40 yards, keep in mind that all players who run it are running it in similar conditions. The distance is the same and the timing method is the same. This allows scouts and coaches to decipher the differences between players utilizing their split times to determine their "ideal" rate of acceleration and maximum velocity.

3. Although it may not tell you how fast a player moves on the field while attempting football-specific movements, what it does tell you is the level of the prospect's overall POTENTIAL for raw acceleration and speed, knowing full well that this will likely never be fully reached. Other drills also utilize the same logic. It gives the scouts an opportunity to apply numeric data to a player in the effort of quantifying his traits. If his traits are "marginal", you may pass on the player because you will not think that he possesses the minimum physical attributes required for his position. Or, you may have to recommend that the player move to another position because of physical limitations relative to the competition in the NFL.

4. The film is used more to determine a player's technique. "Game Speed", a term which in itself is problematic, does not necessarily describe the raw velocity of a player while on the field of play during a match. Instead, it incorporates a multitude of attributes, that when combined and utilized during a play, contribute to the motion of each body relative to one another on the field of play. For a RB, for example, one may have inferior athletic abilities compared to his counterparts, but may possesses great ability to employ moves and vision at his maximum speed, albeit, to a lesser extent than that of a faster player. Meanwhile, the faster RB may have better raw ability, but his ability to react to defenders may be inhibited by his lack of ability to read his blocks and the closing defenders. In this way, speed and velocity are static, while "game speed" is a very dynamic attribute that employs several skills all at once.

5. The film is used to determine how well a prospect utilizes his physical attributes on the field, not to necessarily quantify his physical attributes. A player can have great physical attributes, like a 1 rep max of 780 in the squat and 500 in the bench, but if he does not employ it correctly with proper leverage, waist-bend, and footwork, he will not realize the potential of his overall strength. Think of these, for linemen in Madden, as the RBS, RBF, PBS, PBF attributes. They determine how well the player's strength and footwork are utilized while blocking, not how strong or how much of a "dancing bear" he is. The film tells you how well such raw physical traits are applied. This is the "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" analogy.

6. You make it seem as though the combine is useless for quantifying the results of the tests. One thing you did not mention was how important the injury testing and physicals are for the teams. These are critical, even more so than the interviews according to many coaches and scouts. However, consider the fact that 30 of the 32 teams pay Pro Scouting/BLESTO in excess of $80,000 for the official results presented to the teams each year for all of the drill data. This data is released a full week after the combine's conclusion. The times you see on NFL Network and NFL.com are not the official times. Believe it or not, there are several instances during the combine where the timing mechanisms break. This is recorded each time it occurs for any player during a test, especially the 40. In fact, all players that run twice actually have 6 times; 3 from each run. Two are hand timed and one is electronically timed. All of the times are complied, reviewed, and altered should a break be found. Some teams use the average of all 6, some throw out the best and worst and average the rest, while others only use the best time. It all depends on your scouting department.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #432
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Overall has no effect in game; players will only perform according to their individual attributes. However overall may impact the simulation engine.
But if it doesn't effect played games, then what good is scheme to your team?

Quote:
Regarding the last sentence, I completely disagree with what you said if I am understanding you correctly.

" For scheme to not be cosmetic, then scheme would have to effect individual ratings and not just overall or there should be more of a direct relationship between attributes and scheme."

Why should scheme effect ratings? Makes no sense to say that because a RB is a one cut RB his agility should increase. The reverse is true, that is ratings affect scheme. The second part also leaves me confused as there is a direct relationship already. If you got a WR who is 6'5" with high jumping then he would make a good red zone threat and teams that want those types of WRs would view him higher than a team who wants a quick route running WR.
Scheme should somehow effect player production. Whether that's by internally adjusting ratings or by the players attributes having more of a direct effect on performance in a particular scheme. If my 65 rated RB outperforms my 85 rated RB, then what good is scheme? There should be some kind of correlation between scheme and production not just scheme and depth chart/salary.

Quote:
Finally when it comes to compensation, I am fairly certain that what you pay a player or what he asks for is determined by their baseline overall. If you have your WR player type set to red zone threat and attempt to sign DeSean Jackson he will still want DeSean Jackson money. You will not be able to lowball him.
If I'm resigning my 65 rated RB to peanuts while he performs just as well in the game as my 85 rated RB, then scheme is not really working. Schemes have to effect more than just CPU AI rosters. If the 65 rated RB doesn't fit in the scheme, he should not be productive in the scheme. And yet my 65 rated D. Harris performed just as well as my 85 rated Lacy. I could dump Lacy, save a lot of salary, and use my out of scheme D. Harris.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »