Home

NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2014, 08:00 PM   #305
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 MyLEAGUE Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
It wasn't totally clear, but hopefully this addresses some of my biggest gripes with the series:

- Injuries affecting rotations. The logic has been terrible in Association mode when a player gets hurt with an injury that they can play through but they are automatically sent to the reserve list and don't play, or are reduced to a meaningless 5-8 minutes per game at the bottom of the rotation. This is beyond frustrating especially in the playoffs. I did an association recently and in the ECF went to game 7 against Miami Heat and Dwyane Wade suffered a minor injury that put him at "hurt" status but he could have played through, instead he was designated to the reserve list and didn't play in game 7, it was very frustrating and cheapened the experience.

- Hopefully there is a way to designate 6th men to be just that, the 6th man and not in the starting lineup. When striving for realism it gets frustrating to play against the Spurs with Manu in the starting lineup, especially since he hasn't been a starter since what 2005?

- And finally, playoff rotations. AI logic should differentiate regular season lineups and playoff lineups. In the playoffs, generally the starters minutes increase, and the rotation shrinks from 10-12 guys to 8-10. It's annoying playing against scrubs for a few minutes during an important playoff game.

If those are addressed, I think this game will be damn near a 10/10. I'm super psyched for this mode! I know it says XB1/PS4 exclusive but I'm still holding out hope that the PC gamers get some love too!
I've seen the other way around as well, where a player is simply too hurt to play but does anyway, and the cpu has a 58 overall starting for them.

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #306
Rookie

OVR: 4
About time!!! Everything in this article has me excited... Looking forward to more.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #307
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7
What does normalize played to sim minutes mean?

ive always thought they shoukd switch to an accelerated clock like the nhl games used to have, that way if youre using 7 minute quarters the minutes woukd still reflect a full 12 min quarter.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #308
Rookie

OVR: 8

This is GREAT news! I'm so pumped for NBA 2k15 now!
Old 08-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #309
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wow what amazing news, guess I'll be getting NBA 2k this year after all. 😊
Old 08-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #310
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Any word on if they added more detail to the cap rules, ie. cap holds, mmle, etc.?

I don't care about all the customization as some, but I did want more than mygm, and its great that they expanded it for those that do. Just hope the difficulty settings for trading and stuff works well and it becomes possible to tune it all to be realistic.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #311
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
but guys.

aint it sad were getting excited that there is an association mode.....
Come on man, but it's clearly improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #312
Just started!

i love what there doing but is the servers gonna work

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »