Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #417
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
stream at 5PM est

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/497464432092385280
Old 08-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #418
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay

What is this stream in reference too?

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 08-07-2014, 04:45 PM   #419
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
What is this stream in reference too?
They will be showing CFM and answering questions.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #420
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
So I am waiting on purchasing m15 and that will be my first time doing that in probably 15 years. Its not that m25 was bad, it was just flat. Factor in the fact that if i want to go next gen, its quite an investment.

The absolute beauty of EA's early access program is that we all get to see the feedback from those who choose to use it. No more being surprised on release day by some massive bug. Those will be caught by the legions on this board.

So here's to EA season pass and this forum. Appreciate those 2 things making my decision easier.
Dude I havent bought Madden since Madden 09, Ive yet to go next-gen either til now. Ive pre-ordered the XboxONE Madden 15 bundle on Amazon for $400.00. If you sign up for the Amazon Store card, you get a $10 gift card to put towards it and this bundle is eligible for 6 months financing! Really nothing to loose, you get Madden for free, and 6 months to pay off a $400 item!

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Madde...=operasport-20

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 08-07-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #421
Pro

OVR: 6

can we disable relocation? god please let this be so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #422
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
What problems did you have with M13?
-Overall player ratings don't match between in-game and the menus. This causes a LOT of problems ranging from starters being backups, backups being starters and overall, horrible roster management from the CPU.

-The only overall ratings that should matter is in-game because that's what you're playing...the games themselves. As a 49ers fan, I had to ignore the menus and setup my depth chart so I wouldnt have to do it every game. I re-rated nearly every player with a gap of a few points each so the CPU depth charts wouldnt get all screwed up.

-I remember playing against the Packers in the opener. A few of the offensive linemen were not only out of position but one or two of them werent even in the starting lineup. Defensively, a few starters were nowhere to be found. Checking the Packers depth chart in game saw starters listed as second or third on the depth chart.

-I remember in one game, Rodgers got injured and was replaced by the third stringer due to schemes listing him higher than the backup quarterback.

-Seeing a lower rated player higher on the depth chart than higher rated players drives me nuts. I want players listed on the depth chart in order of their overall rating. Not seeing the CPU do this drove me nuts.

-Free Agency is horrible because I would see players who are rated good in-game but crap due to my scheme but yet, in game, their overall ratings would be what they should be.

-Schemes also screws up what players are worth in regards to contracts. I remember being able to sign at least five top tier free agents because their overall ratings were low due to them not fitting my scheme but in-game on the field, they kicked butt.

-Schemes to me was a great idea but horribly executed and implemented. The overall ratings should match across the board. So, if I see a speed back rated 65 due to the 49ers running a power scheme, that's exactly what he should be in-game. However, that's not the case whatsoever.

-CPU Roster Management AI was horrible due to schemes. I would see good to great players, young too released or traded for either average players or nothing in return simply because they didnt fit the scheme yet were rated great in-game.

-Schemes also screws up how the CPU drafts. If a CPU team has a young franchise QB who's rated 85 in-game but 77 on the menus, the CPU would draft a QB in the first round to replace him. I remember one off-season where the Dolphins had Tannehill who was rated 80 in-game as a rookie get benched as they signed veteran Alex Smith AND still drafted a QB in the first round simply because they were rated higher due to the scheme setup. Funny thing is that while Smith was rated 85 overall in-game, no team is going to replace a first round rookie with a veteran QB after one year. That makes no sense. The rookie QB that was drafted was rated LOWER in-game. So, instead of the Dolphins signing a player on offense to help Tannehill and draft a player to help Tannehill, they basically tried to replace him twice in the same off-season.

If I still had Madden NFL 13, I could probably write a book and the funny thing is that these are all valid actual complaints and problems. I couldnt make this stuff up even if I wanted to.

Schemes should be as follows - simply, the overall rating should be the same on the roster menus and in-game. So, if I sign a CB who's rated 65 overall because he doesnt fit the 49ers defensive scheme, thats what his overall rating should be in-game. Once I improve the player, then the overall rating should increase exactly the same in-game and on the menus.

In short, schemes screws up pretty much everything when it comes to roster management and for someone like me, who wants everything as close to 100% accurate as possible, this is a huge negative and problem. That's why last year, I played Madden NFL 25 for a few days and traded it in simply because I dont have the patience and time to go nuts editing every player like I did in M13 to get around this problem and even then, I didnt solve the problem 100%.

What's truly sad is that those who like me are "picky" about the roster management havent even noticed any of these problems despite them being right there in front of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
What? Schemes are cool.
Sorry but no, they're not simply because they cause way too many problems. There's a reason why the games in "play now" in Madden 13 play better than they do in CCM. It's because all the rosters, ratings and depth charts are what they should be.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #423
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

1. EA says that the ratings will be the same in game as they are listed in menu now. They both will reflect scheme.

Your other complaints are either not directly a result of schemes, or they are simply because you place too high a value on overall.

I personally love schemes. Not every player is rated the same by all teams.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #424
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
1. EA says that the ratings will be the same in game as they are listed in menu now. They both will reflect scheme.

Your other complaints are either not directly a result of schemes, or they are simply because you place too high a value on overall.

I personally love schemes. Not every player is rated the same by all teams.
Well, if number 1 is true, then the majority of my complaints from M13 should no longer exist.

Complaints are based on schemes because I didnt have these problems in M12. The attributes are important but the game, the CPU goes by the overall rating...nothing else. That's why I do the same.

I personally hate schemes. I agree with what you said about players being viewed and rated differently based on the team. That right there though was the problem...the game didnt do that when playing in-game. It was just a cosmetic gimmick yet didnt exist in-game.

Anyway, if the overall ratings now match, hopefully, I'll actually be able to play Madden for more than just a few days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »