Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #89
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

Owners mode:

Players Jersey's for sale. In Madden 25 (PS4) when I drafted players in mid to late rounds, their jersey's would be top sellers for my team. Has this changed?
I would think looking past a Manziel type situation, that Fans buy established players jersey's more.

Fans not happy with talent on team, yet the record is 13-3 and winning the Super Bowl. Is this fixed? It's all about winning and not having "NAMES" on the roster.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #90
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc3616
All I'm going to say is that for a good majority of SIM players it's very hard to get into your franchise if your a OFFLINE MODE user, when you have to draft fake players, I feel that the online players are being catered to and offline users are being ignored if there was a separate mode for offline....(completely separate) it be a better SIM game but whatever. I like all the additions but it still leaves much to Desire, I may pass on this year I'm undecided. To me it seems the reason we don't get custom draft classes is more of a ego thing Josh looman comes off as proud of his draft classes and the stories attached to them,in past interviews he was quoted saying that users like the boom or bust factor that you get with their rookies, I for one don't know anyone that loves a 90 ovr rookie. Just give us what we ask for and we are all good shouldn't be this hard. Imhopefully they keep making great improvements like they did this year then it will become a day 1 buy for me and not a used purchase.
Never bothered this offline SIM gamer one bit.
I get why some want the ability but frankly I can still have just as much fun wioth or without. In fact I hardly ever used real draft classes anyways.

There's a ton more things I want from Madden right now over this but like I said.. the more they can give as options the better.
I'll still have fun though.

This is the first year in a while that I'm generally pretty excited for Madden release day.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-07-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #91
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

I am quite pleased with these changes. I am not necessarily 'sold' on Madden 15 being great and worth $60, but these changes are all solid.

For those that say that random classes are only for online leagues, etc.... I really feel like they will never be pleased. Personally, it takes a lot for me to avoid seeing the draft guides for my offline franchise as much as anyone online.

I just wish they would refine the scouting system to actually revolve more around having SCOUTS that look at certain regions, players and positions. I don't like knowing the ratings of players with any certainty. I would like to see there be a range of a +/- 2:7 margin of error when it comes to number ratings.

They should have a list of players going to the combine to be scouted and then also have players that will not do certain workouts or only have a pro day rather than going to the combine. I am not saying that I expect that to be in this game, but I do have hope that it will make it into Madden 16.

Outside of that - I wish they would add more continuity to CFM from season to season. What is the point of simming ahead 10 years if Simms and Nantz don't know that the Browns have won 4 Super Bowls since the arrival of Manziel? Because you know that when you go to play the 2024 season and win the Super Bowl with Cleveland you will hear them say "For the first time ever, the Lombardi Trophy is going to Cleveland!".

I always shake my head at how much those details truly lack continuity from week to week and season to season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #92
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc3616
All I'm going to say is that for a good majority of SIM players it's very hard to get into your franchise if your a OFFLINE MODE user, when you have to draft fake players, I feel that the online players are being catered to and offline users are being ignored if there was a separate mode for offline....(completely separate) it be a better SIM game but whatever. I like all the additions but it still leaves much to Desire, I may pass on this year I'm undecided. To me it seems the reason we don't get custom draft classes is more of a ego thing Josh looman comes off as proud of his draft classes and the stories attached to them,in past interviews he was quoted saying that users like the boom or bust factor that you get with their rookies, I for one don't know anyone that loves a 90 ovr rookie. Just give us what we ask for and we are all good shouldn't be this hard.

I'm an offline sim player, and I disagree. It honestly doesn't bother me much, if at all. The only thing that can bug me is the picture not matching the player. But you guys crying over names and stuff is just dumb. Get over it.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #93
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
I'm an offline sim player, and I disagree. It honestly doesn't bother me much, if at all. The only thing that can bug me is the picture not matching the player. But you guys crying over names and stuff is just dumb. Get over it.
I think it's fair they have their criticism and make their points on here and try to get it added.

However, when it gets to a point where the criticisms are disrespectful and can be interpreted as "shots" at devs we'll have an issue and those people won't post here any longer.

They don't have to get over it but they will have to focus their efforts to a more respectful way if they want to continue to be a part of the OS community.

I definitely see the desire for custom draft classes. In the video Looman made a compelling argument for not having them and it seems as though it is a big task. He came off pretty genuine in the interview so I believe him.

I hope you guys get them at one point, but for now I'm pumped about the completely random draft classes. My pet peeve with them is the pictures. I think they take away from the prospects. I would love for Madden to incorporate something like The Show has. I'm in the minority who would probably just want all cyber faces anyways. Seeing a fast, small, speedy WR with a picture that resembles an offensive lineman makes me shy away from taking that guy.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
According to a blog by a game changer he said this is fixed for 15. If you carry two QBs and now if your starter get hurts he stays hurt. You know longer have to carry 3 QBs for injuries to work.
Josh said something different in the video. He stated that now you need to carry three QBs and it won't even let you in the game if you are not.

Going to the topic of draft classes and legal issues, I'm not buying it. The deal with the NCAA case was that EA was basically putting in real players on their real teams but changing their names and then allowing users to correct the names and share them. It would be very different in Madden where the user would basically be creating a college prospect from scratch.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #95
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I think it's fair they have their criticism and make their points on here and try to get it added.

However, when it gets to a point where the criticisms are disrespectful and can be interpreted as "shots" at devs we'll have an issue and those people won't post here any longer.

They don't have to get over it but they will have to focus their efforts to a more respectful way if they want to continue to be a part of the OS community.

I definitely see the desire for custom draft classes. In the video Looman made a compelling argument for not having them and it seems as though it is a big task. He came off pretty genuine in the interview so I believe him.

I hope you guys get them at one point, but for now I'm pumped about the completely random draft classes. My pet peeve with them is the pictures. I think they take away from the prospects. I would love for Madden to incorporate something like The Show has. I'm in the minority who would probably just want all cyber faces anyways. Seeing a fast, small, speedy WR with a picture that resembles an offensive lineman makes me shy away from taking that guy.
The bold just seems like a natural fit in a video game and I find it odd with the numerous other focuses on video game elements, they choose to go for actual real life elements for things like this. Same thing with regard to those NFL Films clips for the initial QB run outs, real world photos/clips disrupt the immersion of the virtual world, for me.

As far as editable draft classes, I think the biggest factor for me in them being left out, is that it limits what can be done in relation to roster ratings editing for career mode or at least makes it far more difficult. Even with random draft classes, they will still disrupt the ratings changes to the original rosters because they won't mesh.

It can be frustrating when it seems for all intents and purposes Tiburon is limiting the User to play the game "their way".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #96
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I definitely see that point of view. I would love a better ratings and progression/regression model.

However a fully editable roster from stock to draft classes to even in season would eliminate the need for progression and regression to really matter. You could self regulate everything

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »