Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #369
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I feel the difference is they are taking out something that wasn't received so well(hot and cold streaks) and replacing it with, hopefully, something better and more "groundbreaking."

Sorry, Charter, you threw me a softball on that one, lol.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking and I'm 100% behind that and I hope it works great because thats what we all want. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the new player momentum and so far I actually like on paper the way its set up.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #370
Rookie

slappymancuso's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
One thing I hope we get is if a CPU teams starting QB struggles and his confidence gets real low they will put in the back up if his confidence is higher.
I agree.

This seems like the real determining factor on whether or not confidence is "groundbreaking" in this iteration. If the CPU logic is intelligent enough to base decisions on these changes, it would at least be a lot more interesting.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #371
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx4Sixx
In all honesty it's a fair argument. I'm liking to debate.
Pixx, maybe we should list things we would consider "ground breaking".

Hidden actual ratings/attributes with shown perceived ratings/attributes. Accuracy would be determined by player evaluation ratings/attributes of GM, coaching staff (and scouts for drafting rookies).

Players actually learning positions so you can have a Don Barkely type that can back up almost any position on the O-Line. You want to move a RG to Center like GB is doing with Tretter, then he has to learn the position.

More position descriptions for rosters like slot receiver so you can have a Randall Cobb always in the slot. Along with LT, LG, C, RG, RT, have OG (offensive Guard), OT Offensive Tackle, IL (Interior Lineman - LG, C, RG), etc to describe players that play multiple positions. Same with Slot CB vs CB.

Don't have such strict player minimums in the rosters. Don't need a FB, don't require one.

At this point, as sad as it sounds, I would have BRINGING BACK real formation subs as GROUND BREAKING. How can this NOT be in the game in 2014?

I could come up with a bunch of stuff I would consider truly ground breaking.

Your turn!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #372
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
One thing I hope we get is if a CPU teams starting QB struggles and his confidence gets real low they will put in the back up if his confidence is higher.
Nice thought, I hope so.

Something tells me the game won't quite be at this point this year but probably soon.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #373
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

This thread is groundbreaking

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm hoping that if they do this, the confidence thing is so "touchy" that the cpu is constantly changing QB's or any other position.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #374
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes no more hot cold. It's still not exactly the same though. The reasons for a hot or cold streak were not good. If you didn't meet certain goals you would go cold. The problem was the goals were crazy at times. Like a back up needing to get 100 yards rushing or a QB needing 3 TD passes. Not doing those things wouldn't always cause a player to be cold in real life.

The goals are more realistic now.

Also now you will actually see the ratings going up or down. Before it was all guessing.

Also I didn't notice hot cold having much affect in 25 like it did in 13. Seems like it's going to have more impact on played games and they said all these changes will have a impact on simed games.

Still going to wait and see if it's all as advertised but, it all sounds like a step in the right direction as far as getting CFM to be more than just 16 play now games with stat tracking
I really hated the Hot/Cold streak because of those crazy goals. Going into week one coming off of preseason with your entire starting units on a cold streak isn't my idea of fun at all.....lol
Old 08-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #375
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Hopefully with the XP system you can't build a super team in half a season. But the game looks so promising this year that I've got to believe that they balanced it. Maybe there's the old system where the computer decides who progresses and regresses. Not like in real life a coach can just decide to make his qb throw the ball farther. So hopefully that's still available.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #376
MVP

Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Its kind of a bummer that we're still not 100% clear on game prep/XP and what you're able to do from week to week. We have the broad strokes 25 miles up view, but the ground level would be nice. I want to know exactly how much XP you can gain per week and if you can work your entire team in position/individual drills, or only a few players per week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »