Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #353
Rookie

Pixx4Sixx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I think people are using over the top terms like "ground breaking" to describe something that is a nice enhancement.

Somebody said it wasn't "ground breaking" and got jumped on over something that I wouldn't consider to be "ground breaking". It's a nice enhancement. I'll leave the "ground breaking" term to things that are actually "ground breaking".
Didn't mean to jump on you by any means, still pretty early here so I apologize if that's how I came off.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #354
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Maybe confidence = Consistency and the just pulled a marketing 101 on us. I actually don't mind that they change the name of something and make it function better if thats what they did, but Im just not sure its an entirely new feature and they completely re-worked player momentum and removed Consistency.

Consistency is still in. It's a rating now. It helps determine how much a players confidence is affected one way or another.

I'm not sure if I would call it "groundbreaking" but, it does have potential to be much better than these to traits used to work.

In the past if your QB started off playing terrible there wouldn't really be a reason to bench him because his ratings really didn't change. Now if you have a low consistency player and you start the season with 1 TD and 10 picks his ratings should take a major hit and he might be worse than you back up. Now you have a real reason to pull him for the back up.

The same is true for having a young players playing great. His ratings will go up and really have more if an impact.

Also the fact that coaching and personal moved affect confidence adds another layer to trades and not resigning a player.

I still want to see how it all works but, in paper it's much better than 25 and 13 IMO
Old 08-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #355
MVP

OVR: 8

So no more cold hot and cold streaks and now its confident or frazzled. I think both actually will function the same and affect in game attributes being raised or lowered. Its the exact same thing as confidence isn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #356
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

"Sim To" and "Random Draft Classes" are two "additions" I like. Although we all agree that they are not new but finally they put those BACK in.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #357
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixx4Sixx
I'm not on board with calling it "Groundbreaking" but I can't agree that what it is now, was in 25 as it sounded like you said. I think it adds a whole new layer to our CFM seasons and such.

I won't call it groundbreaking, but I certainly think, being the way it will affect the mode that it is certainly close. But then again, we won't know until the 26th or if EA Access rolls out to us Xbots.
I also think it's a nice enhancement. We may disagree on how significant of an enhancement it is. I don't think it's close to ground breaking. There are so many other things I would consider groundbreaking that would have a far more reaching and significant effect on the game. Some of those things existed in Head Coach, a game that existed quite a few years ago.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:03 AM   #358
Banned

DenverBornAndBred's Arena

However, I still don't like the fact that we can't edit draft class, no CPU vs CPU and no 32 team. Feels like i'm waiting on Madden 05 again(the game where they finally got it all right). lol
Old 08-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #359
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I really think we are starting to get hung up on "words"

What might be a slight exaggeration from some, could be an over exaggeration from others usage words and phraseology.

It's a matter of opinion at this point.

Let's just all see if it works as intended and advertised.

If it does, great, if not, time to ask why and why not.
I never knew using the word "ground breaking" would cause this much of an outrage. Maybe I should go back and edit to "it could be a really neat feature" that way so many people don't get so worked up over one person's opinion...
Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #360
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
So no more cold hot and cold streaks and now its confident or frazzled. I think both actually will function the same and affect in game attributes being raised or lowered. Its the exact same thing as confidence isn't it?

Yes no more hot cold. It's still not exactly the same though. The reasons for a hot or cold streak were not good. If you didn't meet certain goals you would go cold. The problem was the goals were crazy at times. Like a back up needing to get 100 yards rushing or a QB needing 3 TD passes. Not doing those things wouldn't always cause a player to be cold in real life.

The goals are more realistic now.

Also now you will actually see the ratings going up or down. Before it was all guessing.

Also I didn't notice hot cold having much affect in 25 like it did in 13. Seems like it's going to have more impact on played games and they said all these changes will have a impact on simed games.

Still going to wait and see if it's all as advertised but, it all sounds like a step in the right direction as far as getting CFM to be more than just 16 play now games with stat tracking

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »