Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
....and about being off the field on 4th down.....what if there is a punt return for a TD?? Do I miss seeing that because it is sim'd??? If a tree falls in the forrest, it will have made no sound....

Last edited by MrPinkBlackrose; 08-06-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #290
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

I am cautiously optimistic. I like the thought of random draft classes; however, I can also see some issues. Are we going to see classes with QB Jadaveon Smith, RB Jadaveon Francis' C Jadaveon Johnson, CB Jadaveon Frederick and P Jadaveon Clinton? There are just some names that shouldn't be common.

Also if story lines are in and random and no different than the past 2 years, could we see the two sport quarterback slated to go first overall choose baseball in back to back seasons?

Also on an aside, what's up with the lack of real coaches in the game? A few years ago you had every coach in the union in the game and now you probably have 10? It's too late for this version but next year, if we can't get NFL coaches I'd like to see some form of back story for the created coaches. Maybe even give them a CFM story line, maybe Tomas Single is Alabama's head coach whose rumored to be looking to accept the challenge of NFL.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 5

This looks great, this year they made progressing players less tedious. Hopefully next year they can fix scouting. From the screen shown it doesnt look like scouting has changed at all so I still have to spend ridiculous amounts of points on things I can learn for free at the scouting combine like speed, strength, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #292
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Apparently this is all you get when going through free agency. No attributes or player type. I really, really hope this can't be true.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #293
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Apparently this is all you get when going through free agency. No attributes or player type. I really, really hope this can't be true.
I get that people want all the info more readily accessible but isn't it possible to obtain more player info in another screen, before actually going into the bidding UI? Again, I get that even if there is, the point is having everything in one place, it's just that if there is some way to obtain all the info, not having it in the bidding screen isn't a big deal to me.

FWIW, I feel that there is already TMI with regard to personnel numeric ratings, so I'm all for people needing to at least put forth some effort to KYP (know your prospect) before going to the bidding screen to make an offer, lol.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #294
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I get that people want all the info more readily accessible but isn't it possible to obtain more player info in another screen, before actually going into the bidding UI? Again, I get that even if there is, the point is having everything in one place, it's just that if there is some way to obtain all the info, not having it in the bidding screen isn't a big deal to me.

FWIW, I feel that there is already TMI with regard to personnel numeric ratings, so I'm all for people needing to at least put forth some effort to KYP (know your prospect) before going to the bidding screen to make an offer, lol.
If it's like it was before last year, the only way to know anything about the attributes was to predict who might be a free agent and basically write down or try and remember all their attributes because it was inaccessible during the off-season and you were completely blind to everything but player type, scheme and overall.

I still remember in M13 looking for a "possession" receiver and then going out and signing one of the better overall ones off the free agent list only to progress forward and find out he had 63 for catching.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every single thing they touched on seems good. The practice, the free agency, random over fixed classes. All sound great, but have the potential for EA to screw them up, but that's another topic.

However, it is all wasted on me because without editable draft classes, I won't play this game. I'm not even mad about it at this point, I haven't bought madden in like 5 years. To apply an appropriate sports cliche "We'll get em next year."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #296
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If it's like it was before last year, the only way to know anything about the attributes was to predict who might be a free agent and basically write down or try and remember all their attributes because it was inaccessible during the off-season and you were completely blind to everything but player type, scheme and overall.

I still remember in M13 looking for a "possession" receiver and then going out and signing one of the better overall ones off the free agent list only to progress forward and find out he had 63 for catching.
Ah, ok, I can understand that my frustrate some but I like it, lol. It at least puts some onus for game planning before FA with regard to personnel moves like real life versus ad libbing. I'm sure there are better ways to implement a system that's more realistic and I doubt it's an intentional design decision but I'm for anything that that makes player/team management more realistically challenging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »