Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Videocast with Josh Looman

Near the 10 min mark Josh said the amount of time for personal player drills is dictated by the time between games played, like if you play on Monday Night then on Thursday night... WAIT! WHAT? That never happens, it won't happen and as a person making a NFL game I expect you to know this! Even you aren't a fan of the sport you are required to know this, but if you are a fan of the sport who is making the only NFL game on the market and you don't know this? Well you are NOT a fan of the sport.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #66
Banned

fearme504's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
Near the 10 min mark Josh said the amount of time for personal player drills is dictated by the time between games played, like if you play on Monday Night then on Thursday night... WAIT! WHAT? That never happens, it won't happen and as a person making a NFL game I expect you to know this! Even you aren't a fan of the sport you are required to know this, but if you are a fan of the sport who is making the only NFL game on the market and you don't know this? Well you are NOT a fan of the sport.

So if a team has a Monday game and the next week has a Sunday game they don't have less time to prepare for the next game?
Old 08-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearme504
So if a team has a Monday game and the next week has a Sunday game they don't have less time to prepare for the next game?
Yes they do, but no team will go from MNF to THF, to even add it to the comparison means he doesn't have the proper knowledge to make the only NFL game on the market. My favorite football video game is HC09, which he was responsible for... but maybe it was fluke or had a better, more knowledgeable team around him then.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #68

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Yes they do, but no team will go from MNF to THF, to even add it to the comparison means he doesn't have the proper knowledge to make the only NFL game on the market. My favorite football video game is HC09, which he was responsible for... but maybe it was fluke or had a better, more knowledgeable team around him then.
I think your overreacting. Josh was simply providing an example and used an extreme situation to get his point across. I dont think that example makes him any more or less qualified for his position.

Just gotta say I loved this video and I'm truly excited to dive into a cfm. I feel like I may finally put some years into a franchise again.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #69
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I think he probably just misspoke and was using the example of if you have a TNF game you'll have far less time than you would a Sunday game. And if you have a MNF game you'll have a little more time than you normally would. That's what I took from it.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #70
Rookie

hofields's Arena

OVR: 5

After watching the video I am even more excited to try out this years game. Lots of solid changes should provide even more replay value for cfm alone along with increased strategies and chess matches in online cfm.

If all of these features work and the gameplay changes are well implemented this could be a huge step for this gen and a long way ahead of the 2nd iteration last gen.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!

GT=HFIELDS
Old 08-07-2014, 01:05 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I think your overreacting. Josh was simply providing an example and used an extreme situation to get his point across. I dont think that example makes him any more or less qualified for his position.

Just gotta say I loved this video and I'm truly excited to dive into a cfm. I feel like I may finally put some years into a franchise again.
I'm excited too, don't care about editing draft classes as I'm not into CFB and once 5-6 years in it doesn't matter what the draft class names are. Maybe I am overreacting, it just irked me hearing the lead dev of the game misspeak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 01:11 AM   #72
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm in. 1 Hundo.

Sounds great and seems like it will feel very fresh and upgraded. A welcome change from the small improvement made between 13 and 25.

Can't wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »