Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #249
Rookie

Velvet_Hoop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

These changes look good. I love the sim feature, the confidence and being able to build up your backups. I also like the changes to owner mode. Cfm looks promising this year.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #250
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

So, when regarding confidence, Looman mentioned the Freeman situation. Could that mean CPU will release players if confidence lowers, which means overall play does? And if a player's confidence drops low enough that he becomes a little worse than the back up, could benchings happen more often? Or would that be too much to ask for? That's what I'm assuming can happen.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #251
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

I like what I see so far, even though my in-game ticker doesn't seem to be in. They have sold me!

One question, though. Has there been any word on playoff tiebreakers? As someone who was burned by this in the past, I very much hope that it isn't determined by alphabetical order anymore.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #252
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'll admit that I perhaps misinterpreted what you were saying, but to the bolded part above...what am I not getting? You want season mode? When season mode existed on Madden games (again, prior to 06), once the season was over you were done. So I don't understand what you mean by this. Do you mean to say that you would, if given the option, replay season mode over & over?

If so, why? And if not, then...what else is there to do but sell it? Or gamefly it, play a season, send it back. Or are you here just to complain? It's ok if you are, about half of OS is here for the same reason so you're in good company.

It wasn't just season mode that you could EASILY control all the things im talking about. You keep saying 06 but the old school franchise also let you do it, after 06. Yea I would replay the season over and over with different teams or play all the games on a schedule that I felt like. And it was easy. Ever since CFM/CCM came along it has restricted everything a lot of us used to enjoy in playing a season/seasons. NCAA 14 added a beautiful season mode last year that a lot of people enjoyed. Maybe Madden needs to do the same. Im just not interested in a football RPG. To me with out having the opportunity to edit draft classes and draft real rookies there is no point in playing past one year. Kinda kills the immersion to draft a white cornerback named Artrelle Patterson. Kinda kills the realism when you let the cpu control a team and they release one of their better players after training camp.

I also said I was happy for those who were happy for the CFM info so I have no idea why you have such an issue with what I was saying. Asking to be able to turn off the off the field fluff isn't really complaining IMO just a request. Seems to me like your trying to pick an OS fight with your wise *** comments..and that's funny
Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #253
Banned

All these changes are nice, but still arent enough to get me excited...mainly because it continues to ignore (or at least SEEMINGLY ignore) alot of the biggest issues...

- You can fire coaches during the season....but does it matter? I still have yet to see a Madden game where coaches even make a real difference. Coaches need to affect how fast certain positions progress, how they draft, sign free agents, respond to adversity, etc... The coach prestige thing is a step in the right direction, but not enough.

- Ability to create REAL draft classes needs to be here. Sorry, but this is a HUGE deal, and until they get it in the game, they are going to lose out on alot of customers.

- Teambuilder feature for Madden. Stop making us use your crappy pre determined uniforms and locations.

- Ability to adjust players fully. Ratings, equiment, height, weight, skin color...everything!!!!

- Simmed stats....are they any better? My guess is no, and the unrealistic stats kill immersion.

- Presentation seems better, but still far behind a certain 10 year old game on the PS2/XBox...sad.

- Graphics look nice, but animations and physics still leave too much to be desired.

Look, I dont need a perfect game, but I also want a game that doesnt feel outdated the moment it comes out like most Madden's in recent memory. These are all things that Ive wanted to see for the last 7 or 8 years and still its no where close.

Stats, draft classes and lack of customization options are the reason I will be skipping again this year. Even with some nice new features, it simply isnt there yet.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #254
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
It wasn't just season mode that you could EASILY control all the things im talking about. You keep saying 06 but the old school franchise also let you do it, after 06. Yea I would replay the season over and over with different teams or play all the games on a schedule that I felt like. And it was easy. Ever since CFM/CCM came along it has restricted everything a lot of us used to enjoy in playing a season/seasons. NCAA 14 added a beautiful season mode last year that a lot of people enjoyed. Maybe Madden needs to do the same. Im just not interested in a football RPG. To me with out having the opportunity to edit draft classes and draft real rookies there is no point in playing past one year. Kinda kills the immersion to draft a white cornerback named Artrelle Patterson. Kinda kills the realism when you let the cpu control a team and they release one of their better players after training camp.

I also said I was happy for those who were happy for the CFM info so I have no idea why you have such an issue with what I was saying. Asking to be able to turn off the off the field fluff isn't really complaining IMO just a request. Seems to me like your trying to pick an OS fight with your wise *** comments..and that's funny

Only wants to play a single season mode... complains about draft problems. I got nothing.

This game will never satisfy you.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #255
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull

So, you want the old season mode where you just play one season, no draft, no FA, no offseason? Correct? Can you not just start a CFM save file, end it after the super bowl and start a new one? And if you want to control all 32 teams but you don't want the tedious effort to do it, just do it once and save the file there and use it as a base. It's still there, you just gotta use the game's resources.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 08:00 PM   #256
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainTrain43
All these changes are nice, but still arent enough to get me excited...mainly because it continues to ignore (or at least SEEMINGLY ignore) alot of the biggest issues...

- You can fire coaches during the season....but does it matter? I still have yet to see a Madden game where coaches even make a real difference. Coaches need to affect how fast certain positions progress, how they draft, sign free agents, respond to adversity, etc... The coach prestige thing is a step in the right direction, but not enough.

- Ability to create REAL draft classes needs to be here. Sorry, but this is a HUGE deal, and until they get it in the game, they are going to lose out on alot of customers.

- Teambuilder feature for Madden. Stop making us use your crappy pre determined uniforms and locations.

- Ability to adjust players fully. Ratings, equiment, height, weight, skin color...everything!!!!

- Simmed stats....are they any better? My guess is no, and the unrealistic stats kill immersion.

- Presentation seems better, but still far behind a certain 10 year old game on the PS2/XBox...sad.

- Graphics look nice, but animations and physics still leave too much to be desired.

Look, I dont need a perfect game, but I also want a game that doesnt feel outdated the moment it comes out like most Madden's in recent memory. These are all things that Ive wanted to see for the last 7 or 8 years and still its no where close.

Stats, draft classes and lack of customization options are the reason I will be skipping again this year. Even with some nice new features, it simply isnt there yet.
The blog mentioned that with some coaches (John Harbough and Andy Reid) QBs will progress quicker. Schemes dictate how teams acquire players. And I think scheme is tied to coach and not the team.

Though I am one of the biggest champions of custom draft classes, you are fooling yourself if you think its absence will cause EA to lose a lot of customers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »