Home

Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #129
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

What's funny is even the team sites have gotten a hold of this. If you visit ravens24x7 one of their stories today is "Madden 15 Wrong about Jimmy Smith" LOL
Old 08-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #130
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

gg, also as I was posting in another thread yesterday I also thought about Ngata and I don't think he's overrated at all. The last three seasons if we take a look, last season he was primarily play 1 technique, which was not his original position and the 1 technique player in our defense is going to do more dirty work than anything else. Ngata is best when he plays 1 gap 3 technique because more often than not he's going to win that match up. As a 1 technique players, he's a 2 gap player in our defense which slows a guy like him down. But as I said in another thread regarding other players, Donny doesn't seem to care about these details.

With Brandon Williams emerging I'm expecting Ngata to be full time 1 gap 3 tech again. Now the prior two seasons. He came off the SB with an injury and played through it the entire next season and then he was also hurt last year as a 1 tech 2 gap player. So given that Donny did not even drop guys who didn't play a down last year by 1 point, but you have Ngata playing hurt and out of position getting dropped? I don't get that. Even if Ngata warranted a drop, so did those other guys that got hurt. There is no guarantee whatsoever that those guys will return to form, yet Donny did not drop them at all.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #131
Rookie

OVR: 0
no Love for Kyle Long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #132
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
gg, also as I was posting in another thread yesterday I also thought about Ngata and I don't think he's overrated at all. The last three seasons if we take a look, last season he was primarily play 1 technique, which was not his original position and the 1 technique player in our defense is going to do more dirty work than anything else. Ngata is best when he plays 1 gap 3 technique because more often than not he's going to win that match up. As a 1 technique players, he's a 2 gap player in our defense which slows a guy like him down. But as I said in another thread regarding other players, Donny doesn't seem to care about these details.

With Brandon Williams emerging I'm expecting Ngata to be full time 1 gap 3 tech again. Now the prior two seasons. He came off the SB with an injury and played through it the entire next season and then he was also hurt last year as a 1 tech 2 gap player. So given that Donny did not even drop guys who didn't play a down last year by 1 point, but you have Ngata playing hurt and out of position getting dropped? I don't get that. Even if Ngata warranted a drop, so did those other guys that got hurt. There is no guarantee whatsoever that those guys will return to form, yet Donny did not drop them at all.
I think me and you have spent more time discussing Ngata's rating than Donny Moore did. I truly don't think he goes into that much detail when rating players (unless they are marketing favorite QBs).
I think he uses the method I use to edit NBA 2k rosters: "What? LeBron a 86 for 3pt.? No way. I think a 78 sounds good. On to the next one"

You are right in that there is a difference in what technique you are playing and to be honest him switching over did not occur to me. Reminds me of when Warren Sap went to Oakland and fell on his face.

But gameplay wise Ngata was unstoppable at the NT. Him and his bull rush trait was damn near cheese. That may have influenced my quickness to say he is overrated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »