Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
For user controlled teams, are we going to be forced to game prep/practice? If so, I'm down for for that. I'd rather skip it.
You can skip it and it uses the CPU logic and automatically updates your players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
You'll notice from this screen, that FA's take more into account than just money. They also take into consideration:
  • Coach Ability
  • Scheme Fit
  • Team Need
  • Contract Length
  • Salary Amount
  • Signing Bonus
The only thing missing from this screen is player type.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #107
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
It looks like the CPU logic is still pretty bad in FA. Why would the Ravens, typically a team to build through good drafts (Ozzie Newsome), pursue such a back in FA when they have Ray Rice locked up and rookies behind him developing? Not to mention why the Cowboys let Murray walk, though I suspect that it has something to do with their ability to screw up their cap situation every year.

I really hope that this is not the case, and especially in the draft. It bothered me so much that teams like the Colts, Saints, etc. would draft amazing QBs every year seemingly, only to have them sit on the bench behind their durable star and never do anything. Then they'd get to be like 4 year pros and cut, still at like 76 OVR, pretty much where they started at. If a team has an older QB like the Pats, Saints, Broncos; fine, let them draft a QB. But not every frickin' year, let them pick a successor and move on. If they picked a bad one, maybe they try again, but not year-after-year. The Patriots went with Ryan Mallett and now Jimmy Garapollo (sp?). They didn't take one every year high in the draft.
We don't know what year they are in or what happened during the season so we really can't judge the CPU logic based on one screen shot. Rice could have had a horrible year, he could have been traded or they could have a new coach who likes to use multiple RB's. Look at San Diego they had Ryan Matthews and Danny Woodhead but they still brought in Donald Brown, drafted Marion Grice and signed Brandon Oliver as a UDFA.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:11 PM   #108
Banned

I still want to know if the stat engine has been fixed to properly calculate winning percentage. Again a team that finishes 8-7-1 should be AHEAD of a team that finishes 8-8. This DOES impact CFM, what if your coach needs to make the playoffs to keep his job, finishes 8-7-1 but doesn't make the playoffs because a team finished 8-8 and DID?
Old 08-06-2014, 02:12 PM   #109
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm way more excited than I thought I would be...so happy they brought back random draft classes.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #110
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
They should try to make relocation jerseys fully customizable next year. Along with being able to create an expansion and new jerseys for current NFL teams.
They may one day allow you to customize your own jersey for your relocation team (like in the past) but they will probably never allow you to customize real NFL team jerseys. The NFL and it's sponsors won't allow it due to licensing reasons.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #111
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

I liked a lot of what I read and saw but that interface has to go. Unless things have been changed I imagine it to still be extremely slow and clunky. And looking at the Free Agency screenshot they have all that stuff and space on the screen but no attributes. My guess is that you have to click through every guy like you're making an offer to him just to see his attributes which is completely ridiculous. Hopefully I'm wrong on that. The older Maddens had such quick and simple UI's that were easy to navigate which I'd like to see them go back to.

Outside of that I liked seeing the coaches in there but the fact that they weren't mentioned at all leads me to believe they're simply cosmetic and not fireable or hireable and have zero affect on anything in-game.

Another thing just off the top of my head, I'd like to see players who just join your team have their confidence be at 0 from the start. If you trade for a guy or pick up a free agent put his confidence at 0 to start and make him build it up. This way you can't just pick up anybody off the street and plug them in on the Saturday before the game and have them perform like they've been there the whole time.

Still would like to see more though. 90 man rosters need to happen. Practice squads. I thought the way they talked about IR was stupid. You can just take one guy off IR a year if they heal quickly? Why not just represent the real NFL IR that goes 8 weeks into the season before you make your decision on whether they go onto the full IR? Or add the PUP? And they didn't say anything about IR guys not counting towards your roster which has been a problem again and makes the IR completely useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 02:14 PM   #112
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quick question regarding the Pro Bowl, will it be playable?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »