Home

Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details, Trailer and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #49
Banned

PatsSB2015's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Deep Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Oh, I agree. And I give Looman credit for recognizing the problem in his original concept and turning around. I think it's also incredibly significant that CPU teams will simulate development activities each week, because lack of balance killed CFM's playability last year.

The devil is in the implementation, but if the mode shows balance, from the gameplay level to the franchise management level, so that it remains interesting and competitive, that will get my attention. Not on release day, but depending on what I hear after.
What's weird is how they will use CPU to sim things, but you can't watch CPU teams battle it out in offline CFM. Makes so sense.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #50
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Bulls look awfully similar to the Rams
Old 08-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

To be honest I am a little disappointed.

I wanted the option to edit draft classes more than anything else. I am also sad to hear that aside from random draft classes nothing has changed with regards to prospect scouting. So no draft combine.

Hopefully there is a option to have a freestyle team practice that does not affect progression or confidence. It was nice in NCAA where you could go into practice mode and practice plays for as long as you wanted.

The FA improvements are welcomed, but I would have liked to see a couple more factors (strength of roster).

The improvements to owner mode are a mixed bag. So finding the sweet spot for a price is more challenging, but no mention if prices and attendance figures match up visually in game. And no word on year to year tracking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #52
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I just wish we could edit player names and appearances in CFM. I don't know why that is too much to ask for...

The changes outlined sound great!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #53
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Bulls look awfully similar to the Rams
But it is a new team name/logo which gives hopes that some cities have team names that actually sound interesting instead of LA Dream, Orlando Orbits or Memphis Steamers.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:50 PM   #54
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
To be honest I am a little disappointed.

I wanted the option to edit draft classes more than anything else. I am also sad to hear that aside from random draft classes nothing has changed with regards to prospect scouting. So no draft combine.

Hopefully there is a option to have a freestyle team practice that does not affect progression or confidence. It was nice in NCAA where you could go into practice mode and practice plays for as long as you wanted.

The FA improvements are welcomed, but I would have liked to see a couple more factors (strength of roster).

The improvements to owner mode are a mixed bag. So finding the sweet spot for a price is more challenging, but no mention if prices and attendance figures match up visually in game. And no word on year to year tracking.
Yeah, having the same off season schedule and then the drafting system unchanged is a bummer. And nothing about CPU trade logic, CPU to CPU trade tuning, or CPU signing and depth chart logic.

The confidence system reminds me a bit of NBA 2K, but the tuning of that is critical. Before the NBA 2k14 patch, guys who should be happy with 7-12 minutes per game as role players were getting really unhappy, losing skills/ratings and sometimes demanding trades, making it near impossible to build a decent bench. So the implementation of all these things will be critical, and I expect problems, and needs for patching.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:55 PM   #55
Rookie

hoping the loophole is still in where you could actually watch CPU games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #56
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 15: Connected Franchise Deep Dive

While there are some items missing, I would say the changes made are a great upgrade, assuming they all work as intended. Dynamic ratings, player performance factoring into this, training players all are things we've asked for from Madden.

If (and it's a big if because it's been promised before) free agents actually consider situation and not just money, that will be huge. Before it was just find the best offer and send it to players, but if they look at coach, scheme etc, that would be great.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »