Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2014, 04:41 PM   #529
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Oh my God.

The defense looks so bad, yet again.

23:26 if you need a specific example. Polamalu was in man coverage. What was he doing? Why did he jog?

Looks as bad as ever covering drags and crossing routes.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #530
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
We will never get what we want. Tiburon hates us....
Hahahahahaha! That made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoaoP3aJi5U
Old 08-06-2014, 12:02 AM   #531
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I believe he told the story, or maybe PGaither did, about how they showed them this graphic they came up with to show pass completions. It was a dartboard of the areas of the field and they had these "darts" fly to the different spots. The presentation guys were bragging about how they thought it was cool. Meanwhile, it was NOTHING like anything on television.
That actually sounds really cool, apart from it being stylized like a dartboard. I think a overhead view of the field with all the receivers "frozen" where they caught their pass(es) would be a nice perspective. This is something I don't think I've seen on a real broadcast, but if it's done right in Madden I think it would be really cool and possibly something the real broadcasters would copy. Which seems to be something EA is trying to have happen again, although the last thing I can remember them copying is the yellow first down line a million years ago.

Last edited by The_Balm; 08-06-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #532
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
EA has had the ESPN license since about 05 (iirc)...but the sad part is EA wants to shove their "vision" of presentation instead of using ESPN and giving us what we see during their TV broadcast.

The CBS stuff does look interesting so far this year,but afaik EA doesn't have any sort of license with CBS (correct me if I'm wrong) so as nice as some of the presentation elements look,it will still have EA's "vision" of presentation scattered about.
Let's be frank about the matter. EA bought the rights to ESPN to put another "block" in the road to 2K bringing football back. I can come to no other conclusion since they don't actually use the ESPN license for anything I see related to Madden when it comes to presentation.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:18 AM   #533
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNHuskerman
Let's be frank about the matter. EA bought the rights to ESPN to put another "block" in the road to 2K bringing football back. I can come to no other conclusion since they don't actually use the ESPN license for anything I see related to Madden when it comes to presentation.
You know, I think your right, and i brings up a good point how EA (POSSIBLY) buys things and does things without intent to use them. I think they're intent was to create a monopoly on this area. There's gotta be SOMETHING out there that could nullify the exclusive contract under anti trust laws, and allow other companies to get get back in the action.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #534
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is what we were told by Madden leaders of Ian and Phil at the time, and it goes similar to this. If you choose to believe it, that's all up to you.

EA wanted to use something similar and start using more presentation from ESPN but the NFL wanted them to use something similar to their own network, the NFL network.

So, it was a back and forth struggle and it appears they decided to go more towards CBS and using their own ideas and influence since that statement.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:43 AM   #535
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is what we were told by Madden leaders of Ian and Phil at the time, and it goes similar to this. If you choose to believe it, that's all up to you.

EA wanted to use something similar and start using more presentation from ESPN but the NFL wanted them to use something similar to their own network, the NFL network.

So, it was a back and forth struggle and it appears they decided to go more towards CBS and using their own ideas and influence since that statement.
So that's why Madden sucks. The control happy Roger Goodell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #536
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

This was cleared up not too long ago, that it was entirely false. No one has told them they can't use any of that presentation. I can't remember the exact post, but it was by a developer. It may have even been Mike Young. Damn, wish I could remember...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »