Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #521
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
The crappy reason is that it's all about licensing. Modders can create those things and release it with relatively no sanctions. But EA being a company HAS to acquire licensing or rights in order to use the sounds or logos or likenesses what so ever.

They already have ESPN. I'm sure NFL network would be easy. That leaves cbs, fox, and nbc. All those networks would live to get there logo's in madden. Not sayings it's free but, why not start with MNF, since they have ESPN and then get a new one every year.

It's not money. I think they think they can do better. They clearly cant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:53 AM   #522
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
And you hit it right there. They DO have licenses. They just CHOOSE not to use them. The problem is because of the exclusive license with the NFL, us fans can't CHOOSE another game other than EA's. and THAT'S wrong.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. And this is why so many people frustrated with the madden franchise are so expressive and tend to take it out on Tiburon. Certainly much of the blame goes to the NFL/NFLPA as well...
Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #523
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Presentation was under Mike Young but now it's under Brian Murray. I'm interested to see where Brian takes it compared with what Young did. I know Brian was heavily involved with 15 but we may not see his true vision for presentation until 16 or so. A lot of times the first year a developer joins a company, they seem to slowly implement themselves and their vision.
I hear what you're saying, even though with Murray being presentation director, Young is still creative director, over him I believe but that's still besides the point about them both being NFL Films guys. From the things I keep reading, there seems to be this NFL Film's based theme of storytelling versus just a traditional broadcast. I understand the concept they keep referring to and think it's great for certain elements but not for the entire broadcast.

To be clear I don't question either guys bonafides or that of most guys working on the game, it's just when they get mixed up in that parallel universe down there at Tiburon when things seem to go awry. Case in point, Murray seems to really get it in this interview http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/15/580...n-brian-murray but then in another interview he starts in with that "hybrid" presentation stuff. http://www.thestreet.com/story/12773...togoraphy.html

IMO this is yet another area where simple settings/options would be great, a way to choose real time broadcast, quick or cinematic presentation. I will never understand why Tiburon seems so heck bent on creating a utopian experience.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #524
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. And this is why so many people frustrated with the madden franchise are so expressive and tend to take it out on Tiburon. Certainly much of the blame goes to the NFL/NFLPA as well...

Yes it's the NFL's fault it's exclusive but, it's EA's fault they don't do a ESPN and use MNF for Monday games and playoffs. They have the license. They just want to do it their way.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #525
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
The quality and NFL immersion of Madden has nothing to do with the NFL though, which, imo, is where most of the angst about the exclusive comes from. I have stated time and again, most of us couldn't care less directly about there being an exclusive license, it's the game that's being put out under it that's the issue, I don't see people clamoring for competition for The Show.

Then compound that with the Snidely Whiplash like image EA has for a host of other reasons and they emerge as the poster villain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 12:40 PM   #526
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Really didn't bug me until now that they have this ESPN license and don't use it in Madden, lol. I never was a fan of the majority of NCAA's presentation(besides the montages and the updates, I think it was trash), but Madden would look AWESOME if it was themed after ESPN and Monday Night Football. Especially with these new graphics. NCAA did look more authentic with the banners wipes and overlays. I like the CBS presentation, but I wish they would just go ALL THE WAY. Logos and all with some form of presentation.

I feel the same way about NBA 2k and The show, but for the most part they "get it", so it would really just be logos and banners to complete the piece. Madden 12 was the closest we've gotten to stellar presentation in-game in Madden imo. We haven't been close since, and judging from the videos it still doesn't give me that feeling that 12 did. Once again, maybe it will be fully realized next year *add nausea*. Still looking forward to playing though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #527
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Its just all about money. It always is. They are not going to incorporate all these things in one year. They could do it. Of course they could. madden is the flagship game for EASports.

But they want to spread these additions out over many years. So, one day, 5 years from now, they can say, we now have the espn license in the game. Or we now have live scores for the other games. Or whatever. If they put everything in on one year, then next year people will say , well they put such and such in last year, but this year the game is almost exactly the same....
Old 08-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #528
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes it's the NFL's fault it's exclusive but, it's EA's fault they don't do a ESPN and use MNF for Monday games and playoffs. They have the license. They just want to do it their way.
It is a joint effort in the exclusive. EA admitted to going after it for a long time. There were many factors involved, and EA nor the NFL are the sole catalysts for the deal.

Enough on that, the main point is that there was a developer who came on here way back in madden 10 or 11 who admitted that there were no such restrictions to using ESPN or NFL network in the game. Also, if anyone remembers theWatcher, he was a presentation guru, much like DeuceDouglas is on here today, and he went to Tiburon and did not understand their mindset there. I believe he told the story, or maybe PGaither did, about how they showed them this graphic they came up with to show pass completions. It was a dartboard of the areas of the field and they had these "darts" fly to the different spots. The presentation guys were bragging about how they thought it was cool. Meanwhile, it was NOTHING like anything on television. I remember him clowning it because it made zero sense and he tried like hell to get them to implement what was shown on TV. Instead, they got agitated by that and it created some contention between the devs and some of the community guys. This is exactly why all of this "constructive criticism" is nonsense. It is simply discussion amongst ourselves because we enjoy discussing and it gives us our moment to fantasize about what would constitute a great football game. It has very little bearing on what they are going to do. 9 years of evidence is not going to sway much of that opinion. It is clear that they believe that the Tiburon sports network is better than Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN. INstead of inventing their own, how about making monday night games have the ESPN crew and presentation, and the regular games have the CBS style. How cool would that be? Personally, I would probably buy the game on that aspect alone because of the effort to actually do something that no one else thought of already 10 years earlier. Imagine that...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »