Home

Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #113
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

My NFC North division preview show will be going live on Twitch in the next 5-10 minutes. Link is in my sig.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:24 PM   #114
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Per the bolded, while you are correct, what then would be the case is the game is radically inconsistent in its ratings. Yes field speed and 40 speed are different, but then when does one determine when a person's rating should move from 40 to field speed? What's the variable that determines that? Seems to be very subjective no?
"Game Speed" is a myth. Nobody is actually faster on the playing field vs. running in their 40 trials. What you call "game speed" is actually reaction, anticipation, and technique being utilized to increase/decrease separation between players. How else could Jerry Rice get open at 40 and Ray Lewis tackle a sub 4.5 RB at 35? Players don't get faster - they get smarter and more technically sound to keep them in the game.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #115
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Players might not get faster, but they definitely can get slower. That part isn't a myth. That's what "game speed" really means

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #116
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Players might not get faster, but they definitely can get slower. That part isn't a myth. That's what "game speed" really means
The notion that speed is what is causing a player to move faster though, is a myth. There is a great topic buried in the annals of OS about this. I believe it is the "Speed is Speed" thread. Speed in Madden refers to the top maximal velocity of a player achieved during a run. Vision is not speed. Reaction is not speed. Agility is not speed. Route-running is not speed. Acceleration is not speed. Awareness is not speed. Play recognition is not speed.

Only speed is speed. For every reason you can think that a player's speed would be affected, I can think of 10 times more reasons why it wasn't, but other attributes made it seem as though it was...simply because there are far more variables to creating a player profile than just speed.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-04-2014, 11:58 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
"Game Speed" is a myth. Nobody is actually faster on the playing field vs. running in their 40 trials. What you call "game speed" is actually reaction, anticipation, and technique being utilized to increase/decrease separation between players. How else could Jerry Rice get open at 40 and Ray Lewis tackle a sub 4.5 RB at 35? Players don't get faster - they get smarter and more technically sound to keep them in the game.
I dont think thats a very good example, JR and RL were two of the hardest working players in the league during their entire careers. They were workout warriors.

I also dont think the notion of game speed has ever suggested that a player in full pads on game day would be faster than his ideal 40 time. Rather, it is suggesting how close a player is to the ceiling he had set for himself on a track.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #118
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
The notion that speed is what is causing a player to move faster though, is a myth. There is a great topic buried in the annals of OS about this. I believe it is the "Speed is Speed" thread. Speed in Madden refers to the top maximal velocity of a player achieved during a run. Vision is not speed. Reaction is not speed. Agility is not speed. Route-running is not speed. Acceleration is not speed. Awareness is not speed. Play recognition is not speed.

Only speed is speed. For every reason you can think that a player's speed would be affected, I can think of 10 times more reasons why it wasn't, but other attributes made it seem as though it was...simply because there are far more variables to creating a player profile than just speed.
Nobody ever said any of those things are speed. But some players slow down below their maximum speed in game situations. Pull a guy off a track who excels and put him in a game and his "game speed" is nowhere near his actual physical capabilities. Some players have no inhibitions and willingly play full steam ahead putting their body on the line, and some don't. This isn't really debatable either unless you're strictly talking in a video game sense and not real life.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-05-2014, 06:35 AM   #119
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 15 AFC/NFC North Player Ratings Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Dalton is rated too high, he is average at best.

85 is probably right around average. Halfway between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Andrew Luck.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #120
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
I get that. I'm just responding to the previous poster who's basing Sherman's rating strictly on game speed. This was brought up because I posted Sherman's 40 time vs Jimmy Smith and Matt Elam's, both who have faster 40 times than Sherman yet Sherman is much faster than them in Madden. But the reason why Madden has Sherman like that is because they don't have those intangibles as a big part of the game and my conclusion is the entire system is flawed so I see why they do what they do even though I don't like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »