Home

Madden NFL 15 Videos - GameStop Madden Mondays: Skills Trainer & Strategies

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Videos - GameStop Madden Mondays: Skills Trainer & Strategies within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #41
Rookie

Hammettf2b's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Videos - GameStop Madden Mondays: Skills Trainer & Strategies

I am going to try my hardest and not buy Madden this year. Every year I get hyped, and every year I get let down. I think I'm just going to stick to MLB and NHL this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #42
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Videos - GameStop Madden Mondays: Skills Trainer & Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Can't argue with that. Bothers me how they're praising post-play movement when some of the post-play animations date back as far as Madden 08. They know better than to leave that in there.

Unlike a lot of people, I don't subscribe to the idea that Tiburon is lazy. What they're producing (an attempt at a simulation pro football game) is the absolute hardest thing to do in the gaming industry. That said, when they leave tons of legacy animations in the game, many of which were never good to being with, then they have to understand why people think they're lazy. They give people the ammunition to attack them. Listening to the way the devs speak, you get the impression that they're totally oblivious to why they've earned the negative rep they've gotten.

I almost agree to this, but I actually think the most difficult game to nail down is soccer, and FIFA has had it nailed down pretty well since FIFA 11, I'd say. 12 was a little off, but 13 and 14 were once again solid. That game has to incorporate so many constantly moving/changing player momentum, goalie animations, etc. And, the ball physics? The ball physics? OMG, they're FANTASTIC in that game. Simulating the physics of a soccer ball in constant motion is more difficult than a football (now, simulating a football bouncing on the turf is much harder). So, for me, FIFA 11 really showed me what madden was missing. And, if a soccer game can look like that, madden should be a piece of cake! (That's an exaggeration. I know football is also tough to create, but I do think soccer is more difficult).
Old 08-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ahh I love this time of year where people tear the game apart from a 2 minute video or screen shot. I wish they would be forced to play on the PS1 for 3 months to shut them up about the graphics bitching. It's a video game. Bad news it will probably always look like a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »