Home

Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #97
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Complete Player and Team Ratings For AFC and NFC North

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Agreed. I don't have any issue with our linebackers. I just have an issue with Jimmy Smith and guys on our defensive line. I get that they are going to need to prove themselves this season, but some things should already be evident from physical standpoint. Terrance Cody is hanging on by a damn thread to make the team, has a 97 strength in Madden. Since when did this guy ever show that kind of strength? Never did. Not even close. He's just fat. Brandon Williams on the other hand, Bench Presses 525 http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-14671dca3116 there is evidence to show that. Why can't he get the appropriate strength rating in the game for that? I know why, because then he'd be stronger than their favorite guys. Well he is.

This guy will be starting for us this year, not Cody and already from a physical standpoint he should be rated better than Cody. Hell with limited time as a rookie, Williams did something that Cody has not since he's been in the league, namely register a QB sack. Anyways...
Terrence Cody has a cool nickname which is worth at least a 5 pt attribute boost in Donny's eyes

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-04-2014, 11:27 AM   #98
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
I hope Madden placed more importance on intangibles awareness and play recognition and players being in the right position to make a play over the straight line speed/agility so many of us have used as a a measuring stick for years.
Biggest issue of all right here.

If, in real football its something like 75% mental or whatever. In Madden it's 90% physical. The mental/technique ratings don't seem to ever matter much. LBz mentioned Cody's 97 STR. He's going to beast in Madden soley for this reason.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #99
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll be doing a live broadcast on twitch tonight previewing the NFC North teams and how the rookies will impact them. The twitch channel is in my signature.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Biggest issue of all right here.

If, in real football its something like 75% mental or whatever. In Madden it's 90% physical. The mental/technique ratings don't seem to ever matter much. LBz mentioned Cody's 97 STR. He's going to beast in Madden soley for this reason.
I just looked at the list again and Cody is the STRONGEST guy on our team in Madden. What a JOKE. I guess he has to be rated that way though so that he can't be easily moved since strength matters a lot for DL. But that just shows how messed up the system is IMO.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:36 PM   #101
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveparkmin
Donny Moore is very awful at rate players that why some players has ridiculous rating
95% of the league is rated wayyyyy too high. It's why the game plays so ridiculously all the time. This, and the fact mentioned above that the physical ratings far outweigh intangibles in this game 90% to 10%. Yet to make rookies ratings lower, they drop the intangibles which essentially mean next to nothing in this game. In the NFL, probably 80% or more of the starting QBs in the league have a better arm than Peyton Manning, and 90% probably have better athletic ability (speed, strength, etc...). Yet even with these disadvantages, he is able to consistently finish in the top 3 in the league year in and year out due to his intangibles and experience.

If they rated players considerably lower, got rid of the Olympic sprinter speed for 95% of the players, and made the intangibles play a much larger factor in the game, then the players will eventually start playing like they do on Sunday. Until then, no matter how "simulation" this game declares itself to be, it will never quite live up to it's claims. Immersion is largely impacted by how realistically the players on the field play, not how shiny and sparkly their helmets are.

Last edited by HingleMcCringleberry; 08-04-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
95% of the league is rated wayyyyy too high. It's why the game plays so ridiculously all the time. This, and the fact mentioned above that the physical ratings far outweigh intangibles in this game 90% to 10%. Yet to make rookies ratings lower, they drop the intangibles which essentially mean next to nothing in this game. In the NFL, probably 80% or more of the starting QBs in the league have a better arm than Peyton Manning, and 90% probably have better athletic ability (speed, strength, etc...). Yet even with these disadvantages, he is able to consistently finish in the top 3 in the league year in and year out due to his intangibles and experience.

If they rated players considerably lower, got rid of the Olympic sprinter speed for 95% of the players, and made the intangibles play a much larger factor in the game, then the players will eventually start playing like they do on Sunday. Until then, no matter how "simulation" this game declares itself to be, it will never quite live up to it's claims. Immersion is largely impacted by how realistically the players on the field play, not how shiny and sparkly their helmets are.
This is true. I look at a guy like Courtney Upshaw and he'll NEVER be good in this game because his stats don't look impressive but Upshaw does a lot of dirty work and his football IQ is off the charts. He's one of the top 3 edge run setters in the NFL, but this game doesn't have anything to show that. So I barely ever play him in CC. Just like Sherman will more than likely deny all passes in this game, running to Upshaw's side of the field should be a waste of your time more often than not. But that's not going to be showcased in Madden. Still got a long ways to go.

Edit MORE:

It's the same reason I'm actually not satisfied with Jimmy Smith's Acceleration and less speed. In a game like this that stuff matters a hell of a lot for CB's. And they change it when they feel like it. Richard Sherman is the classic example. Not a great 40 time 4.54. Jimmy Smith 4.42. Look at Smith Madden Speed and Accel and look at Sherman. I'm not saying Smith is Sherman or better, that would be foolish. What I am saying is the system is hosed, these are the only changes they can make to reflect the real world unfortunately. Can't have the best CB in the game with a mere 86/87 speed. Matt Elam ran a 4.46 official and look at what Donny gave him speed wise; slower than Sherman in Madden, faster on the track in real life.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #103
Rookie

HingleMcCringleberry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
This is true. I look at a guy like Courtney Upshaw and he'll NEVER be good in this game because his stats don't look impressive but Upshaw does a lot of dirty work and his football IQ is off the charts. He's one of the top 3 edge run setters in the NFL, but this game doesn't have anything to show that. So I barely ever play him in CC. Just like Sherman will more than likely deny all passes in this game, running to Upshaw's side of the field should be a waste of your time more often than not. But that's not going to be showcased in Madden. Still got a long ways to go.
I also don't get how they give Sherman a 99 Man Cover rating when he's a cover 3 corner. And you can run it to either side in Madden no matter who is playing there. as long as it's to the outside you will likely gain anywhere from 5-20 yards per carry.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #104
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:

Edit MORE:

It's the same reason I'm actually not satisfied with Jimmy Smith's Acceleration and less speed. In a game like this that stuff matters a hell of a lot for CB's. And they change it when they feel like it. Richard Sherman is the classic example. Not a great 40 time 4.54. Jimmy Smith 4.42. Look at Smith Madden Speed and Accel and look at Sherman. I'm not saying Smith is Sherman or better, that would be foolish. What I am saying is the system is hosed, these are the only changes they can make to reflect the real world unfortunately. Can't have the best CB in the game with a mere 86/87 speed. Matt Elam ran a 4.46 official and look at what Donny gave him speed wise; slower than Sherman in Madden, faster on the track in real life.
not saying your wrong but on the field speed is different than your 40 speed

but i totally agree with what your saying

but i also agree with the intangible thing....footbal i would say is 65-35 phyiscal- mental with a few exceptions like QB, P/K, and maybe FB (probably not because even the ravens kicked leach to the side for someone younger and better hands)

The ratings scale is off but it doesnt need a drastic change everyone is calling for

Interested in the FBG ratings but im a online cfm guy so thats a no go

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »