Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2014, 10:57 PM   #433
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Liked what I saw. Game looks great.
Glad I'm not the only one to think so.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #434
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

While I was never one of the lot that was eager to make this title a pre-order or day1 purchase, you do have some things to consider looking forward to.

1. Evaluate the gameplay from EA GameChangers when they receive their retail copies early

2. The first live stream was from Practice Mode and would have never matched gameplay from Exhibition or CFM

In respect to #2, it was Rex and RG at the helm in the first one which lends a possibility that they modified the sliders in furtherance to using All-Pro in an effort to enhance and showcase certain features.

When we see how the game plays from the hands of the very tourney players we should be able to make a better assesment of how the game will look and play out the box and how over/under cooked the slider effects will be by default.

It may very well turn out that you need to modify sliders to get close to the gameplay Rex and RG were showcasing.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2014, 12:30 AM   #435
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is just the beginning, Brian said he ultimately wants to see the nfl start to copy off of Madden's presentation. Obviously we are nowhere near that now, but it gives you an idea of his vision for presentation.
He said that? Really? If that's exactly what he said then it's officially time to worry about Brian Murray. Why? Because if you remember, that's the EXACT same nonsense Phil Frazier said about his vision of Madden 09. This can't be happening.

All I can do is laugh. They've got two guys on the team with heavy NFL shooting credentials and their vision is to shoot games in a way that's NOT like the way an NFL game is shot? And then they spend all marketing cycle telling you it is when we can point to actual NFL games showing it isn't?

I think the bizarre nature of Madden's development keeps me interested more than the actual game itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #436
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
While I was never one of the lot that was eager to make this title a pre-order or day1 purchase, you do have some things to consider looking forward to.

1. Evaluate the gameplay from EA GameChangers when they receive their retail copies early

2. The first live stream was from Practice Mode and would have never matched gameplay from Exhibition or CFM

In respect to #2, it was Rex and RG at the helm in the first one which lends a possibility that they modified the sliders in furtherance to using All-Pro in an effort to enhance and showcase certain features.

When we see how the game plays from the hands of the very tourney players we should be able to make a better assesment of how the game will look and play out the box and how over/under cooked the slider effects will be by default.

It may very well turn out that you need to modify sliders to get close to the gameplay Rex and RG were showcasing.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Actually in the first stream they played a exhibition game Chargers @ Denver up until halftime after practice mode, but I get what your saying.

Playing:
Old 08-02-2014, 01:17 AM   #437
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This is just the beginning, Brian said he ultimately wants to see the nfl start to copy off of Madden's presentation. Obviously we are nowhere near that now, but it gives you an idea of his vision for presentation.
//I'm a little ticked not because of Madden right now, but because the Oakland A's lost again tonight. World Series aspirations, give me a break. Good to great pitching but can't hit to score a single run. End Rant.//Trickle rant...

Does everyone prior to working for team Madden sign an agreement that says it's Madden's way or the highway? Is there a Madden black handbook that says we need to reinvent the wheel to try and out do the NFL.

jpdavis, please send Brian a twitter message asking why would he want the NFL to copy Madden's presentation package where everything looks the same after multiple games, where the statistics flashes on and off the screen so incredibly quick where the gamer can't digest the numbers unless they're speed reading, where the replays don't show how the plays are developed, where the halftime highlights are tight and zoomed and can't see how the plays were developed, where the coaches gets a ridiculous amount of screen time, not giving fans their appropriate screen time, no screen time for when (or if) players run off and on the field during substitutions, no screen time for sideline players, no screen time for dejected players sitting on the sideline benches when they're being dominated by the opposition team, no screen time for the winning teams benches when the game is basically a wrap, etc.. why isn't the halftime show inside a studio .... etc.

sorry for the 'rant,' the Oakland A's bats are incredibly frustrating.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-02-2014, 04:08 AM   #438
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
He said that? Really? If that's exactly what he said then it's officially time to worry about Brian Murray. Why? Because if you remember, that's the EXACT same nonsense Phil Frazier said about his vision of Madden 09. This can't be happening.

All I can do is laugh. They've got two guys on the team with heavy NFL shooting credentials and their vision is to shoot games in a way that's NOT like the way an NFL game is shot? And then they spend all marketing cycle telling you it is when we can point to actual NFL games showing it isn't?

I think the bizarre nature of Madden's development keeps me interested more than the actual game itself.
So Phil Frazier and Brian Murray are the same now? Lol

Murray actually has the credentials to pull it off. Brian was the senior cinematographer of NFL films, he knows the nfl in a way that Phil never did. To compare the two is an insult to Brian. Brian wants to deliver an experience that is like a perfect mix of broadcast and being at the game in person. He talks about shooting the game in the same way he would and at the same time, having the cameras follow the action in a way that resonates with what people see on Sundays. One example he gave was the camera used to follow the ball from the beginning of the play vs now, they pick the camera angle based on where the ball ends. He said the old way didn't make sense and was nothing like what you see on TV. This is a quote from one interview with Brian.

Murray: You have to respect the fans and [most] of them, see it from a couch or a chair on a Sunday. You have to respect the broadcast. If you put the disk in and someone saw just an NFL films version of it, it would resonate, but they would miss something. So we had to do a hybrid. We did camera angles and editing and pacing from a cinematic style that I directed, but you also have to respect the broadcasts.
As far as audio goes, it's twofold. You're in the world like you're at the game. You want to hear if I'm Steeler's and its third quarter, I want to hear "Oh Mama" from Styx. I need to hear that to feel like I'm actually at the game. Or you're the Patriots and you just scored a touchdown, you want those muskets going off as you kick.
The confusion is that there is another wall there. You're also kind of watching the broadcast. We had to balance what is actually happening in the world, what you would hear if you were there, and what you would hear in the broadcast: the sweeping music, commentary, halftime shows. It's a balance and obviously audio is huge for us. We have an original composer this year, Mark Petrie, and he's absolutely amazing. Me and my group would give him a template of what we're looking for, anything. 'Well I want daft punk with m83 meets dark knight' and you cram them together and you work it out. That's the way were telling the audio stories.

I'm not saying he will pull it off but he has the knowledge and connections with the NFL to make it happen.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:30 AM   #439
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Yeah I don't get it either, just bad. They should probably never do a stream without Rex EVER!

After seeing this stream my fear is that the AI wont really use the new defensive features. And it only will be useful for the tourney guys and human vs human. For guys like me who don't play online could be a bad deal. When that dude was the jags and he ran it to the outside for 10 yards without no one even close scares me. I know it was right before half and normally you would be calling a pass, but it looked way to easy. The de was not protecting the edge like they showed in the 1st stream

This X 1000. I think you nailed it. The AI will not use all of the moves that the user has at their disposal on defense and the single player experience is going to be much worse for it.

Wasn't the first stream a user vs. user game? And both games on the second stream user vs. CPU?

At least we have seen the AI make some nice plays as the ball carrier but I am very worried by what we saw in this last stream and I find it very hard to believe that is was an older build than the first stream. Again, the main difference seems to be that it was a user vs. user game.

And again, as I said earlier, I am surprised and worried that no one from EA, Rex included, has not attempted to quell the panic on the forum. I am sure they are aware. Rex specifically mentioned OS in the first stream.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-02-2014, 04:32 AM   #440
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
here is my theory.....This stream is a older build because they only wanted to show off the graphics and presentation and the newer build is still being worked on. It has to and better be the right theory!!!

Here we go again. This happens every year. See my post a few back.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »