Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:21 PM   #321
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Probably leads back to the main problem, the engineers. There's no way this dude works for NFL films and cbs and can't see the holes in the presentation. I'm sure every problem in this game leads to the existing code, and the engineers trying to implement things in the easiest way possible.
My guess is that the up-close shots are an intentional design choice and intentionally engineered that way, as to allow Tiburon to show off their graphics; not some workaround. Graphics are still a major factor in selling AAA video games, and the game does look great so it makes sense to show it off.

As to whether it's realistic - no this approach doesn't match 1:1 with an NFL broadcast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #322
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
My guess is that the up-close shots are an intentional design choice and intentionally engineered that way, as to allow Tiburon to show off their graphics; not some workaround. Graphics are still a major factor in selling AAA video games, and the game does look great so it makes sense to show it off.

As to whether it's realistic - no this approach doesn't match 1:1 with an NFL broadcast.
This is also my conclusion for why player size amd field size are not 1:1 in respect to scaling to resemble real life appropriately: to show off graphical details.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-31-2014, 06:16 PM   #323
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

There are plenty of ways to show off the graphics and still keep it authentic to broadcast. They could've done something like "show-motion" that the show has, or keeping it NFL "NB Cee it" where replays are super close and in slow motion, after the traditional replay is shown. Being authentic is the most impressive thing they can do for Madden.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #324
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
There are plenty of ways to show off the graphics and still keep it authentic to broadcast. They could've done something like "show-motion" that the show has, or keeping it NFL "NB Cee it" where replays are super close and in slow motion, after the traditional replay is shown. Being authentic is the most impressive thing they can do for Madden.
EA is not shy to tinker w the bells & whistles but I do not see them mimicking what others do: thats partly why I see their style for what it is.

I appreciate your indulgence to think outside the box but they do not seem to share that same perspective of alternatives.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #325
Banned

OVR: 7
I think ill just wait for the demo (if there is a demo) to come out. Too much to digest in the comments. Its better to play i and make my own decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 06:36 PM   #326
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
EA is not shy to tinker w the bells & whistles but I do not see them mimicking what others do: thats partly why I see their style for what it is.

I appreciate your indulgence to think outside the box but they do not seem to share that same perspective of alternatives.

I see what your saying, but my problem is their choices just don't make sense to me. They can do their own thing, I don't have a problem with that, but usually things don't look as good, or just don't make sense.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-31-2014, 06:58 PM   #327
Banned

OVR: 0

What happened to inaccurate passes? Almost every pass is caught in perfect stride and receivers still land on their feet after every catch, they should fall to the ground sometimes. Still no body or chest catches, every pass is caught perfectly in the receivers hands away from the body, receivers do not have to adjust to the ball at all in this game. In real life receivers often have to adjust to passes, turn around for passes that are behind them, go down low to the ground for short thrown passes, juggle catches, I would love to see the back shoulder pass and catch done like the real NFL in this game.
If its not in the game fine, but don't hype of a feature that doesn't work or plays out very rarely.

Notice the 2nd catch by Veron Davis, see how he adjust his body where he does a 180 in the air to catch a pass thrown behind him. This is not in Madden, receivers cant do a 180 in the air, they can only turn their body about 30-45 degrees for a pass thrown behind them, resulting in the same old catch animation every time. Also watch how often receivers fall to the ground after making a catch.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 07-31-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #328
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Still very excited to play come August. Most excited I've been for Madden in a while.
Looks like it will be a very fun.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »