Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #313
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
The tackling looked improved, I did not see a lot of the pull-up or avoid tackle animations. If additional players were in range to affect the tackle they did more times than not. One minor annoyance that I've always seen in madden is how the images freezes on come camera transitions.
What game were you watching? Cause I seen one-on-one tackles and avoid tackle animations on almost every play.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:03 PM   #314
Banned

OVR: 28

Still seeing the same issues with line play as i did in Madden 25. Notice at 55:43, look at the Right Tackle. He stands still, flat footed and does nothing. Meanwhile, I see the same animations ****** back to madden 06 with the Left Guard. He battles somewhat with the DT, then does that silly stumble forward showing that he got beat and the DT runs in unabated for the sack. This is not realistic line play. This is the binary win/loss stuff that we've had for 8 years. There is no way to actually feel pressure with this type of system in place. There is no sense of the pocket collapsing. Notice how the pocket is completely stationary as well. Everyone is just playing pattycake, but nothing is being pushed. Then suddenly you get clobbered by the DT. Second year on a next gen console and we still don't have this right. As much as I am trying to be excited for this, I just can't be. Another year of the same stuff in so many key areas. All you need to do is play the game once and you immediately see these things, so I don't understand why it can't be fixed. Also, where is the edge rush from the DEs? I still see them running directly into the tackles on most plays. I could understand this if it was a bull rush technique being employed, but that's not the case on every down.

Watch here and see how much engaged movement there is. Even when guys get beat, they are often going down with the QB, scrapping, pulling, grabbing. They are being pushed into the QB and compressing the space in which he has to move.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 07-31-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #315
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think it's as good, if not better than what NBA 2k had in their first version.

Say what!?
http://youtu.be/9Y1VnJdK-HY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #316
Banned

So they added pre-play fidgets to linemen but not to the linebackers and defensive backs? I don't understand that, how do you sit down at a table and say we are going to add pre-play fidgets to down linemen but not to linebackers or defensive backups? Is it that much more work? Tired of seeing every linebacker and defensive back in the same pre-play stance, I mean how hard is it to change that!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:43 PM   #317
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
So they added pre-play fidgets to linemen but not to the linebackers and defensive backs? I don't understand that, how do you sit down at a table and say we are going to add pre-play fidgets to down linemen but not to linebackers or defensive backups? Is it that much more work? Tired of seeing every linebacker and defensive back in the same pre-play stance, I mean how hard is it to change that!
No all the players have pre play fidgets now. At least they did in the first stream....
Old 07-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #318
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

I wish someone would put this on YouTube so I could watch it on mobile.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #319
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Yep! Still don't understand why Tiburon wants the "Tiburon Sports Network" which reminds me of nothing that I've seen from actual telecasts.

It's one of life's most interesting and baffling questions. Why insist on inventing your own presentation? COPY WHAT IS SEEN IN REAL LIFE. Simple concept to understand, apparently harder than curing cancer to implement.
Probably leads back to the main problem, the engineers. There's no way this dude works for NFL films and cbs and can't see the holes in the presentation. I'm sure every problem in this game leads to the existing code, and the engineers trying to implement things in the easiest way possible.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #320
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I wish someone would put this on YouTube so I could watch it on mobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

derp de der......lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »