Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #281
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It definitely isn't the worst gameplay I have ever seen but I guess I was more bothered by what I didn't see than what I saw. The worst part of video has to be the wide open receivers/terrible defense in the second game. Upon a second viewing, I think the first game actually looked alright for default sliders.
That's because the first game was user vs CPU, second was two users and one o which was trying to narrate the stream and play at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #282
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
That's because the first game was user vs CPU, second was two users and one o which was trying to narrate the stream and play at the same time.
the 2nd game was definitely user vs cpu
Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #283
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yeah, I dont think we're going to see a good rep of what the game is doing, until it's CPU v CPU OR CPU v Rex or someone who actually designs the gameplay.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #284
MVP

OVR: 14

The tackling looked improved, I did not see a lot of the pull-up or avoid tackle animations. If additional players were in range to affect the tackle they did more times than not. One minor annoyance that I've always seen in madden is how the images freezes on come camera transitions.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #285
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Also, just watched the halftime show because I couldn't yesterday, was having problems with Twitch. Much less dead air than what was shown at E3, which is good. I think high-level it's set up pretty well, it's a good framework to build in. Particularly the cinematography in the opening stages.

As for constructive feedback, which probably isn't all original - I would like to see more of the play and more shots from the traditional broadcast cameras when the show is broadcasting highlights. Not all, I like variety, but at least some. More player names in the dialogue would be nice; the scripted lines are very generic right now, but at least they flow together nicely. Much better than, say, the GameBreak cut-ins in NCAA Football where Rece Davis' lines just didn't fit together much at all, IMO.

The other thing I'd like to see - the show's end is very abrupt. The last highlight plays, and there's a very quick transition back to the field. A more natural flow back into the game would be nice to see going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #286
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Dude you continue to say that the second game (Jags-Eagles) was user vs. user, but it was NOT -- the guy on the left (the host, or what have you) is playing as the Jags, the guy on the right is handling the Twitch questions and speaking on presentation aspects of the game...
Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #287
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Also, just watched the halftime show because I couldn't yesterday, was having problems with Twitch. Much less dead air than what was shown at E3, which is good. I think high-level it's set up pretty well, it's a good framework to build in. Particularly the cinematography in the opening stages.

As for constructive feedback, which probably isn't all original - I would like to see more of the play and more shots from the traditional broadcast cameras when the show is broadcasting highlights. Not all, I like variety, but at least some. More player names in the dialogue would be nice; the scripted lines are very generic right now, but at least they flow together nicely. Much better than, say, the GameBreak cut-ins in NCAA Football where Rece Davis' lines just didn't fit together much at all, IMO.

The other thing I'd like to see - the show's end is very abrupt. The last highlight plays, and there's a very quick transition back to the field. A more natural flow back into the game would be nice to see going forward.
This being said, it's a good framework to build on for 16 and on. This being the first year they have a solid HT "show" in there, we CAN'T expect gold.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:19 PM   #288
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Dude you continue to say that the second game (Jags-Eagles) was user vs. user, but it was NOT -- the guy on the left (the host, or what have you) is playing as the Jags, the guy on the right is handling the Twitch questions and speaking on presentation aspects of the game...
Sorry thought it was

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »