Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2014, 09:28 AM   #241
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
Has anyone been able to put the full stream up on YouTube? All I've seen is the short one JP was nice enough to post. Thanks!!
the original post in the thread has the link to the full stream

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #242
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned for Madden 15 is whether there's variety in presentation elements for primetime games vs Sunday afternoon games. Madden 25 barely scraped the surface by adding different replay swipes Thurs night football, Game of the Week, and Primetime Football for TNF/SNF/MNF games respectively.

I really hope they've added to this instead of scrapping it altogether, especially since CBS will be broadcasting Thursday night games for the first half of the season.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:48 AM   #243
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
Has anyone been able to put the full stream up on YouTube? All I've seen is the short one JP was nice enough to post. Thanks!!
This is the full stream in YouTube format
Here it is
http://youtu.be/l2aSebUmGO0?a
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM   #244
Banned

OVR: 0

The BAD

You know how when you watch a sitcom and something goes really bad, the audience does a collective "Awwwwwwwww"? That's what popped into my head looking at those post-play cameras. What a letdown. Guys are doing all these celebrations and the cameras are way out. What? They bring in Brian Murray and still can't get it right? APF still remains the standard in this regard, and they never hired a single NFL Films expert to do it. That tells us a lot right there.

Coaches are shown WAAAAAAY too much. That needs to be cut by about 75% at least. The focus and the majority of the tight shots should be on the players, not the coaches.

Timeouts still prevent replays, as well as starting lineup sequences, etc.

Guys raising their hands after routine big plays (not TD's) looks goofy.

Ballcarrier and general running animations look funny. It looks stiff and high. It works for some players, but most of them look weird.

Commentary is still generic. Too much "he takes the handoff", "he runs right", "The offense lines up". That stuff is just laughable at this point. You can't excuse that anymore.

Seeing way too many cut scenes from Madden 13 and 25. That's just sickening. None of that should be in this game now.

The ability of players to change direction on a dime looks PS1 era, smh. Inexcusable. We know Momentum needed to be toned a bit due to players taking too many steps to cut in M25, but this is going way too far.

The pocket is still highly questionable.

The GOOD

Tackling has been tuned. I'm seeing some different (better) tackles in situations where the hair-pulling ones would've happened before. Not perfect, not great, but definitely better than before enough to be acceptable. Now the question is, how will it hold up after playing a number of games? That will be the true test.

The RTP collisions look smoother and better organized, especially during piles.

The graphics are great.

Pre-play cameras are very nice.

Replays are nice.

Not gonna lie, the halftime show SOUNDED great. The energy was right and vocal clips meshed very well. I'm impressed. HOWEVER, the number of generic lines is frustrating. They did fit a few names in there, but it was surrounded by generic lines like "he (insert action)!". That's gotta die across all commentary in Madden.
----------------------------------

Many of the problems in this game are a matter of artistic license, and an issue with closing small quality gaps across the game. The question is, does Tiburon recognize these gaps, and do they understand how having so many is keeping this game from evolving to the next level? Well, when they're saying in the video that guys raising their hands like they scored a TD on a routine first down is "cool", you have to question if they do.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #245
Banned

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Hundreds of dollars? its only $60 once a year lol
Yeah, if you already own a next gen system. I dont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 AM   #246
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I know it's already been said but, I really hope they fix the replays. They are too short at times and some don't replay the important things. Like the Knile Davis fumble. The replay cut straight to the guys trying to recover and didn't even show who got the ball. Things like that need to be worked on before the retail.

There were some positives for sure. I still like the direction it's going. I don't want to be just negative but, I think it's important to point those things out so they might have time to fix.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:46 AM   #247
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I know it's already been said but, I really hope they fix the replays. They are too short at times and some don't replay the important things. Like the Knile Davis fumble. The replay cut straight to the guys trying to recover and didn't even show who got the ball. Things like that need to be worked on before the retail.

There were some positives for sure. I still like the direction it's going. I don't want to be just negative but, I think it's important to point those things out so they might have time to fix.
Or the touchdown in the end zone that was later reviewed.

On the original replay it basically shows a zoom in of the goal post
Old 07-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #248
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04

I hate to be negative also and I'm really hoping the retail release is solid, it's just so frustrating though watching a clip and seeing legacy issues and seeing the details of new features being poorly implemented almost to the point that it feels like they jus put it in the game to talk about something new but don't even care how it looks or how it works. Years and years of this over and over again, just makes you wonder why they can't get even something as simple as a replay done correctly before showing off the presentation off the game.

How the customer can look at clip of presentation/gameplay and immediately pick out something that isn't right or even close to looking right while a company is trying to sell you on how great it is shows what a huge disconnect actually still remains IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »