Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #177
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

I never put too much stock into the first twitch interview because the gameplay was demo'd in practice mode and practice mode always plays diff than play now and play now plays different than CFM.

I am now officially walking away from this market. As others recently pointed out: the key simulation components have gotten watered down post release for the last two seris ('13 and '25) - I am not paying $60 for a game that no longer plays as advertised.

The trouble is, I loved the initial gameplay of '13 and '25 from the demo to release as others mentioned: the sim community is being flashed the bait and then the script is later flipped back to favor the casual/tourney gamer.

I am not gonna be a part of these shenanigans for another series: this is officially the one I will skip.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #178
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone able to embed or have a link that will work with iPad or Android? I keep getting adobe must be installed.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:44 PM   #179
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Anyone able to embed or have a link that will work with iPad or Android? I keep getting adobe must be installed.
Here you go

Watch me play video games
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #180
Rookie

So I finally watched the whole 1 hr video.....Every corner route was OPEN and all QBs in both games threw a perfect strike everytime!!...and IRL, that actually a tough pass to throw..... Not Good.....Am I bugging or did anyone else notice that?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 PM   #181
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Yeah, the more I watch this stream, the less excited I get for this game... looking a lot like Madden 25. Something, just doesn't look right. They have either made some changes, or this may be an earlier build. With that said, if this is the actual release product, I may pass. Even the ball trajectory looks more arcade like. Player movement looks terrible. I don't really see how anyone could look at the first stream, then this one, and defend it.

The replays look a lot like the replays in 13. I certainly hope the presentation guys aren't modifying the replay angles to try to show off the graphics.... I am afraid that is what they are doing. I fear that doing so, will make the replays, which are a huge part of what makes presentation feel authentic, dull.... Uh Oh
I felt the same way watching this. I don't know if it's because Rex wasn't in the video or what but, this felt just like I watching one those video's from last year or when ever they last did these. The first stream with Rex felt refreshing and hopeful. It was a much different vibe than it's had. This one felt like the same song and dance.

I really hope this is just an earlier build or a build that only has updated presentation and not the updated game play. I hope so. I really don't want to jump the gun but, you guys are exactly right about the Madden 13 demo. I just fear these guys still listen too much to the prima, online, and tourney guys who complain about QB accuracy or needed to be able to keep their stick skills stuff. it would be so frustrating if they did that. Come one guys just give us a sim game and let gamers decide. quit assuming people want some arcade type of Madden.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #182
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynral
So I finally watched the whole 1 hr video.....Every corner route was OPEN and all QBs in both games threw a perfect strike everytime!!...and IRL, that actually a tough pass to throw..... Not Good.....Am I bugging or did anyone else notice that?
I Wonder if it's on Rookie. Also can you embed the hour long video?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #183
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think at a certain point, everyone has unrealistic expectations. It is after all, a video game. I think graphics wise, it looks amazing and I think the camera angles really add a lot to the whole package. You spend so much time complaining about the things wrong with it, that you forget to appreciate just how far madden has come. Does it still have a ways to go before it is perfect? Yes. I still say this madden is the furthest jump from one year to another that we have ever had. Madden is on the right track, we just have to let the developers work their magic.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #184
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it's happened again this year. EA has pulled the bait and switch it seems, the old switch-a-ru. This looks like nothing from the first stream. It makes no sense to show a old build of the game, so I tend to believe this is the game were getting.This makes no sense to me at all, what is the deal with EA? One minute I think there actually trying to create a awesome game and the next minute there pulling the wool over are eyes and give us this? Just when this company was getting on the right side they go back to the company i can't stand. I may cancel my preorder

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »