Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now For PS4 Digital Pre-Order, Play on Aug. 26 at 12:01AM EST

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now For PS4 Digital Pre-Order, Play on Aug. 26 at 12:01AM EST within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #33
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

didnt people complain last year smh..back on the thread after reading this im weighing my options to go digital with madden or go with the physical so i dont want to wait

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 07-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #34
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
didnt people complain last year smh..back on the thread after reading this im weighing my options to go digital with madden or go with the physical so i dont want to wait

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
People will complain no matter how good or bad anything is.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.
*sigh*
You are completely missing the point.

1) FIFA was already great on the previous generation of hardware. And I think it's clear that Madden and Fifa were both ports from last gen. Meaning Fifa is not only great, but now has that nice next gen sheen to it to boot. Fifa didn't have to add much to be great, because it already was great. We are NOT talking about quality here. Nothing of my posts on this thread has had anything to do with quality!

2) MY ENTIRE POINT IS THIS: EA Sports games are all under 20Gbs with plenty of room to add things that could really make the games better. Like I said before, more commentary, uniforms, animations, etc. The big non-EA Sports games are all almost double the size, managing to utilize all that extra room on the disc to give us as much content as possible.

Wouldn't you WANT to see EA use more of that disc space to give us more content? That's my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
*sigh*
You are completely missing the point.

1) FIFA was already great on the previous generation of hardware. And I think it's clear that Madden and Fifa were both ports from last gen. Meaning Fifa is not only great, but now has that nice next gen sheen to it to boot. Fifa didn't have to add much to be great, because it already was great. We are NOT talking about quality here. Nothing of my posts on this thread has had anything to do with quality!

2) MY ENTIRE POINT IS THIS: EA Sports games are all under 20Gbs with plenty of room to add things that could really make the games better. Like I said before, more commentary, uniforms, animations, etc. The big non-EA Sports games are all almost double the size, managing to utilize all that extra room on the disc to give us as much content as possible.

Wouldn't you WANT to see EA use more of that disc space to give us more content? That's my point.
Fball... just let it go man. It's not worth it. I see the point your trying to make, but it's severely derailing this thread. Just let it go.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #37
Banned

Ok so you can pre download game on ps4.. I have not heard anything about being able to do it on xbox one.. Just wondering if anyone knows any different.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #38
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Hmm, didn't see it on the EU PSN. Why do we have to to get everything later!? The big movies now have world wide premier dates. Time to do the same for us gamers!!

If we can pre-download I'll go digital for sure. Especially if the move it back to Aug. 26th instead og Aug. 28th which is the date it's set to release over here.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Really thinking about doing the digital route. I've always said I wouldn't for sports games but not having to run out at midnight is a plus.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-30-2014, 08:03 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Really thinking about doing the digital route. I've always said I wouldn't for sports games but not having to run out at midnight is a plus.
It actually makes the most sense for sports games since you play all year until the next iteration comes out. And by then, you're getting little to zilch for the trade anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »