Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #665
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Stupid though that Spurs don't get to open up at home all because Lebron went to the Cavs. So basically it's like:

"Congrats Spurs on winning NBA Championship, and now for the 2014 season opener, you'll be taking a back seat to Lebron James and the Cavs in Cleveland as all the focus will be on them and not the defending NBA Champs"

Not just in NBA, but all sports(except MLB,only cause MLB schedules are announced before prior season ends), the defending champs should ALWAYS open up the season at home.
Basically it's the defending champs opening on the road against a team that hasn't made the playoffs in the past 4 years. I can certainly understand the appeal of having the Cavs open at home, but then have thm play one of the other really good teams. But no matter what the spurs have to open at home
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #666
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Or, he's tired of constantly giving Jordan respect and praising him only for Jordan to disrespect him in return.. I know I wouldn't feel to great about the idea of my childhood hero dissing me, just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Waterhouse
He doesn't give a **** about respecting Jordan anymore because Jordan has disrespected him many times since he said that. Remember when LeBron denied staring down Jordan? He was lying. He's mad at him, which I don't blame him for.
Y'all need to quit with this "Jordan dissed Lebron" crap. We wonder why sports reporting has merged with the TMZ's of the world? Here it is... fans eat that **** up. Reporters ask these stupid *** questions and no matter how they're answered, fans dissect them to death. I"m surprised the quote of Jordan explaining how he'd guard Lebron wasn't posted, since that was disrespectful too, right? Lebron is unguardable so one of the best defenders of his time explaining how he'd approach it is just disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Stories carrying on in this manner amongst fans and otherwise really gives me a WWE wrestling vibe, and while I respect those who enjoy WWE and wrestling as a whole, I do not wish for its signature reality drama to be carried out in the NBA over every small little thing. I do not believe every action has to be about deceit, lies, betrayal, redemption, and jealousy. I like that LeBron chose 23 because it looks neat and it helps feel like a return to when things were right in the LeBron world, wearing the number he came in with and whatnot.
Maybe that's what it is bc I really don't get it. I assume everyone knows the WWE and the story lines are fake, but it does seem like they try to create drama out of every quote thrown out in real sports.

Quote:
King I said before I even posted it that it was all a matter of how someone wanted to interpret it. But from LeBron's perspective I could see it bothering him. Just say he's the best in the league, don't say "it's tough because this".. It's not tough, it's not even close to currently mention Kobe's name with LeBron's.

You're responding like I have a problem towards it. I could care a less if MJ thinks LeBron is the greatest player ever or if he thinks he's just average and not even currently a top 10 player in the league. It doesn't matter at all to me. I'm just saying that those type of responses could change how LeBron views MJ. Not just that alone, but a combination of everything over the years.

Can really nothing negative be said about MJ on here? I mean this isn't even me saying it, or my opinion.. I just hint that someone else might not appreciate MJ as highly as they once did because of things he's said and people act like I'm the village moron.
You can't throw this in the big bucket of "You can't say anything negative about MJ" though. This is a serious stretch. And you're voicing your views as an athlete... if following your role model helped get you to be the best in the league, you wouldn't care at all if his old retired *** had a press conference every day to say he could still beat you in one on one. Come on now. Jordan mentioning you would be considered a compliment that you're even worth that much recognition and you know it. Hell the only person so twisted to take Jordan's comments as disrespectful is Jordan. And even he would just show it by working to prove them wrong... he'd still show respect to those before him and definitely wouldn't make a decision about a number based on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Stupid though that Spurs don't get to open up at home all because Lebron went to the Cavs. So basically it's like:

"Congrats Spurs on winning NBA Championship, and now for the 2014 season opener, you'll be taking a back seat to Lebron James and the Cavs in Cleveland as all the focus will be on them and not the defending NBA Champs"

Not just in NBA, but all sports(except MLB,only cause MLB schedules are announced before prior season ends), the defending champs should ALWAYS open up the season at home.
The Superbowl Champion Baltimore Ravens say hello (I'm still salty about that).
Old 07-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #667
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
King I said before I even posted it that it was all a matter of how someone wanted to interpret it. But from LeBron's perspective I could see it bothering him. Just say he's the best in the league, don't say "it's tough because this".. It's not tough, it's not even close to currently mention Kobe's name with LeBron's.

You're responding like I have a problem towards it. I could care a less if MJ thinks LeBron is the greatest player ever or if he thinks he's just average and not even currently a top 10 player in the league. It doesn't matter at all to me. I'm just saying that those type of responses could change how LeBron views MJ. Not just that alone, but a combination of everything over the years.

Can really nothing negative be said about MJ on here? I mean this isn't even me saying it, or my opinion.. I just hint that someone else might not appreciate MJ as highly as they once did because of things he's said and people act like I'm the village moron.
Why does he need to just say he's the best in the league? There are plenty of people that still to this day argue about Kobe vs LeBron and even at Kobe's age before his initial foot injury he was playing at a high level. Should Jordan declare LeBron the best in the game at that time because Kobe was 34? When Michael was 34 he was winning MVPs and championships as well. You're acting like it's a crime against nature that he didn't fall over to say LeBron was the best. What about when he does just flat out say LeBron was the best and he has to get this dumb *** conversation started from ESPN and all the Kobe stans butt hurt and making a huge deal out of him saying LeBron was the best player in the world? No matter what he said it was going to be some ridiculous angle spinning that ends with Michael Jordan being a jealous, bitter *******. If he says Kobe, we get this dumb narrative right now. He says LeBron it's about him not wanting Kobe to touch his legacy and he's still hating on LeBron because he's okay saying LeBron because he doesn't think he's on his level and if he says nothing it's because he's an ******* who thinks they're beneath them. He took the most conservative approach he could giving them both they're props and we still gotta deal with this ridiculous nonsense.

Quote:
Not really what I'm saying King...

But why is ESPN even trying to make a deal out of this. Plenty of players have wore the number 23 since Jordan retired.. This is so stupid.
The same reason why Danilo Gallinari just sat out an entire season with a torn ACL and nobody has given two ****s about crucifying him the way Derrick Rose has been for the same thing.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #668
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

wwharton there is a reason I didn't mention the "make him go left thing", nothing about that was disrespectful... And I'll just leave it at that because this doesn't need to be a multiple page discussion honestly..

But I will say I think y'all are somewhat missing my point. It doesn't matter at all to me if he said Kobe is better than LeBron or anything else he's said, or the mocking commercials, none of it matters to ME.. But it might matter to LeBron, that's all I'm saying.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #669
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

What are these commercials about LeBron btw? I don't remember any Jordan commercials mocking LeBron or could even be interpreted as mocking him.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #670
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
What are these commercials about LeBron btw? I don't remember any Jordan commercials mocking LeBron or could even be interpreted as mocking him.

They were probably just YouTube mash ups or something then. I think I saw them here a long time ago and just assumed, I honestly don't watch enough TV to know lol. But anyways, next subject...
Old 07-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #671
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time for you to drop this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #672
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
wwharton there is a reason I didn't mention the "make him go left thing", nothing about that was disrespectful... And I'll just leave it at that because this doesn't need to be a multiple page discussion honestly..

But I will say I think y'all are somewhat missing my point. It doesn't matter at all to me if he said Kobe is better than LeBron or anything else he's said, or the mocking commercials, none of it matters to ME.. But it might matter to LeBron, that's all I'm saying.
That's definitely a reach then. We can come up with all type of things that "may" offend someone.

But seriously, I've been hard on James over the years, specifically about signs of immaturity and logic behind decisions he's made. I would be absolutely 100% shocked if he decided to wear 23 because he felt Jordan was disrespecting him. That's immature and petty on a level far beyond even 2009 Lebron. And, to be perfectly clear, I don't think I'd EVER call Lebron "petty" so, to put it all in perspective he'd forgive Gilbert in the same move that he makes a statement to Jordan by deciding to wear 23 again? Doesn't add up at all.

It's much easier to say he changed his mind like all humans do... or he got caught up in the moment when he made the statement years ago, like he's been known to do. Both make more sense to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »