Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #73
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 15 Deep Dive Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
There are going to be a decent amount of people complaining about the CPU being psychic when they make adjustments. I can see it now. I'm all for them being adaptive to my playcalling. It would really force people to mix up there playcalling.
I remember tecmo super bowl back in the day when you would play a season by week 10 the cpu would all sorts of cheat. Pick your play almost every down, fumbles happened a lot, the cpu was all powered up, etc. You had to play almost perfect to win. It was great.

As long as the CPU doesn't go into robo qb mode or anything to that extreme I'm all for the upgrade in defense.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 07-26-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #74
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
It's like people thinking MLB The Show has "comeback AI." Sometimes the other guy puts the perfect swing on a good pitch, sometimes the other guy calls the perfect play for your offensive play call. I want them to make the CPU as tough as possible.
As long as the CPU doesn't go all Madden 94 on the SNES I think it will be fine. And what I mean by that is I remember coming out in a fake punt and everytime the cpu would come out and immediately audible to a base defense because they knew. Anything to make the CPU tougher and smarter I'm all for.

One thing I'd like to see with all the protect the sidelines stuff is a concerted effort by the CPU to get out of bounds and run plays that are designed to get out bounds when the situation calls for it. I don't expect that to be the case but at least running plays designed towards the sideline should be easily doable.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Exactly. Great post.

It's like people thinking MLB The Show has "comeback AI." Sometimes the other guy puts the perfect swing on a good pitch, sometimes the other guy calls the perfect play for your offensive play call. I want them to make the CPU as tough as possible.

Also, I hope you and charter come out with sliders again this year, you guys keep me gaming when it comes to Madden.
Yeah I'll definitely be making sliders again this year. Sounds like they made it fun for me again to the point where the CPU will be a challenge. Madden 13 and 25 had too many broken area's that made beaten the CPU easy which is not fun for me. I got burnt out with both of those games earlier then I usually do because I couldn't keep the CPU competitive enough. We'll see how it goes this year. Just got done preordering it earlier today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #76
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah I'll definitely be making sliders again this year. Sounds like they made it fun for me again to the point where the CPU will be a challenge. Madden 13 and 25 had too many broken area's that made beaten the CPU easy which is not fun for me. I got burnt out with both of those games earlier then I usually do because I couldn't keep the CPU competitive enough. We'll see how it goes this year. Just got done preordering it earlier today.
Looking forward to the sliders too. I'm excited the base game will have competitive CPU and defense.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:31 PM   #77
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
As long as the CPU doesn't go all Madden 94 on the SNES I think it will be fine. And what I mean by that is I remember coming out in a fake punt and everytime the cpu would come out and immediately audible to a base defense because they knew. Anything to make the CPU tougher and smarter I'm all for.

One thing I'd like to see with all the protect the sidelines stuff is a concerted effort by the CPU to get out of bounds and run plays that are designed to get out bounds when the situation calls for it. I don't expect that to be the case but at least running plays designed towards the sideline should be easily doable.
There is still some of that with M25. For example, if you do ask madden they will tell you if the CPU is faking. So they hopefully they get rid of all that psychic stuff.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #78
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
2 big problems I have are:
1) Fake snap is the ONLY way a linemen will jump, forcing a false start. There should be something where you or the CPU can jump, trying to force a false start. Risk/reward: You risk jumping into the neutral zone and be called for offsides or when you are coming back to your stance the ball is snapped and you get a poor jump. Reward is you either get a good jump off the line or force the false start.

2) The fact that the CPU audibles EVERY TIME that you audible. I get it, sometimes they see a change and they adapt to what they THINK is coming (though I use that loosely considering they audible to the perfect call to defend your play 9 times out of 10). But sometimes they should just stick with their play and go with it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #79
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
There is still some of that with M25. For example, if you do ask madden they will tell you if the CPU is faking. So they hopefully they get rid of all that psychic stuff.
Yeah, that's just more of a design flaw in the play call screen. I really hope that's changed as well though. Get rid of it automatically queuing up ask madden on fourth down, pretty simple.

I remember playing last year though and having a situation where the CPU was going to fake it so I called a timeout and then they actually came out and went for it on a fourth down. It would be cool if they came out and then called a time out on their own and then decided to go for it.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #80
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, that's just more of a design flaw in the play call screen. I really hope that's changed as well though. Get rid of it automatically queuing up ask madden on fourth down, pretty simple.

I remember playing last year though and having a situation where the CPU was going to fake it so I called a timeout and then they actually came out and went for it on a fourth down. It would be cool if they came out and then called a time out on their own and then decided to go for it.
I'm all for anything that adds more life to the CPU. They are so predictable it's frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »