Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #417
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

My thinking regarding the new pass accuracy feature is that EA implemented it in such a way that it is sensitive to sliders.

I think straight out of the box on any difficulty lower than all madden I don't really expect to see many inaccurate passes.

My reason for thinking this is they know accuracy has been an issue for the sim crowd for some time. I would also wager that they know the sim crowd tend to utilize the slider settings more than the ****** and online crowd. So I think they implemented it in such a way to allow us to be happy without angering the tourney guys.

Having said that, I was just a wee bit worried when I saw the Rivers pass. Not only was it unrealistic due to the pressure/hit, but they also used it as an example of a inaccurate pass. Maybe I was drunk at the time, but it looked to me as if Rivers (he throws like a girl you know) led his WR perfectly.

So it was a perfect pass while under pressure and getting hit. ugh

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 07-22-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #418
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess I'm a bit confused. I said this in another thread a couple of months back, but the QB inaccuracy thing must only be worth it on quick online games or ranked or whatever? Because the passes that get overthrown or what not is in every other previous madden. You just put the slider down between 0-5. I normally always start a chise with a horrible qb because I want to draft a guy. So he always throws passes that are way off the mark if I'm not set before I throw. So I guess the inaccuracy they are claiming is a new thing really isn't new, to me anyways. Like I said I have thrown those passes just by changing that slider(only way I could get good games against the cpu). Now if it's like that at default sliders, than ok that is a good thing. That means if I drop it to 0-5 it will be way worse than it is now, and I like that especially if I'm playing with a bad qb.

It just seems to me some of this stuff could be fix by just fixing, idk, THE SLIDERS! lol sheesh......

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #419
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I guess I'm a bit confused. I said this in another thread a couple of months back, but the QB inaccuracy thing must only be worth it on quick online games or ranked or whatever? Because the passes that get overthrown or what not is in every other previous madden. You just put the slider down between 0-5. I normally always start a chise with a horrible qb because I want to draft a guy. So he always throws passes that are way off the mark if I'm not set before I throw. So I guess the inaccuracy they are claiming is a new thing really isn't new, to me anyways. Like I said I have thrown those passes just by changing that slider(only way I could get good games against the cpu). Now if it's like that at default sliders, than ok that is a good thing. That means if I drop it to 0-5 it will be way worse than it is now, and I like that especially if I'm playing with a bad qb.

It just seems to me some of this stuff could be fix by just fixing, idk, THE SLIDERS! lol sheesh......
In past Maddens it was more of hit or miss. You either hit your target or completely missed him. Now we should see QBs throw slightly inaccurate passes that are still catchable.

Of course I need to play the game myself to gauge how much of an impact this actually has. One thing I am curious about is whether or not the WR ratings will play any role on slightly off target passes.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #420
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Not quite...
The problem with previous Maddens is that scrubs and Veterans had the same accuracy for the most part.
So while yes you could lower the accuracy slider that made all QB's worse but still way to close to each other (Elites vs scrubs) in the accuracy department.
Now there is, so we've been told, a bigger gap between QB's.

Also now the off throws are not just wild throws OOB's.. They now are overthrows, behind, in front etc.. which trigger WR animations we've not seen before, but supposedly always there for a while.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #421
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:

The one thing you're missing is that they have an accuracy "in-between" perfect and wild this year. It's true that last year you could lower the sliders to the point where QB's could make bad, uncatchable throws, but it was only those two possible outcomes. This third level of accuracy is what they say will seperate the elite throwing QB's from the other guys. I would take that to mean that most scrambling QB's with middling accuracy ratings will find themselves making a lot of those in-between accuracy throws that might be catchable and might not. We'll see how it goes - they are talking about this being a game changer this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #422
Banned

OVR: 0

I always check this site and today i delayed it and i missed the first 20 minutes haha. tuning in now though.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #423
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Why are you making a report card when the game isn't even finished.
Same reason you are guaranteeing this is the greatest thing in the world when we don't even have the game yet.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:33 AM   #424
Banned

OVR: 1

I've been slightly critical of Madden ( and JP's) approach to this game thus far. That said, this livestream was something different from what I've seen from Madden over the years. It was informative, straight forward, and came by as genuine. Very impressive - and it has me be back on the Madden train.

I'm still seeing the same animations we've had for far too long. Tackling looks nice and graphics are obviously amazing. Hopefully presentation is improved and we do find a few signature animations.

I'm now looking forward to playing this in 5 weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »