Home

LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

This is a discussion on LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL) within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #593
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: LeBron James: I'm coming back to Cleveland (OFFICIAL)

coincidentally, whenever me and my boys go to a game, we yell "WHAT" every time the opponent misses

Old 07-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #594
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I ought to punch you for keeping that going Two Four lol. Trying to stomp that chant out man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #595
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I ought to punch you for keeping that going Two Four lol. Trying to stomp that chant out man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The obnoxiousness of the chant is perfect for trolling the road team...I wouldn't dare cosign it at a WWE show, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #596
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
coincidentally, whenever me and my boys go to a game, we yell "WHAT" every time the opponent misses

No "Yes!" Chants" or "CM PUNK(The new "Booooring" chant)chants? Lol
Old 07-22-2014, 10:05 PM   #597
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Don't know if I should put this here or the Off-Topic thread. Regardless, great LeBron article here on the way his mind works.

Quote:
It's a midgame timeout during a 2013-14 regular-season game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, long before James decided to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the national television broadcast means it's longer than usual.

Erik Spoelstra is sitting in front of his Heat players on the bench as he traces a play on his dry-erase board with a fading blue marker. The players -- Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen and Udonis Haslem -- are draped in towels, holding cups of water, waiting for Spoelstra to present his play. James is quiet, holding clippers, working on cleaning up the nails on his left hand.

Only he's not.

"No," James says to Spoelstra, reaching his hand out and touching the board on Spoelstra's lap, pointing to something. "He has to be here, like this." James traces his finger along the surface. He has been in this situation before against the Pacers. The Heat have tried this play. He has an instant alteration in mind. James is animated now, having forgotten his nails, as he presents his case for why this way will work.

Spoelstra grabs his eraser.

Another huddle now, earlier in the season, and the Heat are having troubling dealing with pick-and-roll coverage. A candid discussion has broken out among players and coaches about what changes to make in the middle of the game.

"Let's do it this way," James tells his teammates, "like we did in Game 3 against Dallas."

The change is made. Later, Spoelstra will find himself reviewing the moment, searching his memories, and he'll realize the Heat did indeed play that way against Dallas. "I was like, c'mon, that was from a game three years ago," Spoelstra says, before raising his fingers and making a crisp snap. "And he recalled it just like that."

It's the middle of February now, in a game against the Golden State Warriors, and James is walking the ball down the floor with the seconds running out. The Heat are down two points and he's dribbling the final nine seconds off the clock with ace defender Andre Iguodala guarding him. James fakes a drive, then steps back and to his left in time to fire in a game-winning 3-pointer over Iguodala's fingers with 0.1 seconds left.

In the jovial postgame locker room, it's pointed out to James by a reporter that almost exactly five years earlier, he'd won a game with a jumper at Oracle Arena at the buzzer from virtually the same exact spot at the same basket.

"Not really," James says in response. "That one was probably about six feet closer to the baseline and inside the 3-point arc. It was over Ronny Turiaf, I stepped back on him but I crossed him over first and got him on his heels. I'm sure of it. It was down the sideline a few feet. It was a side out-of-bounds play; this one we brought up."

Within moments, James is watching that very 2009 highlight on a cell phone while icing his aching feet. And indeed, there it is -- the crossover step-back on Turiaf from, oh, about six feet to the left of the shot he'd just hit over Iguodala. Right along the sideline inside the 3-point line. A side out-of-bounds play. Just like he said.

Last edited by BlueNGold; 07-22-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #598
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Don't know if I should put this here or the Off-Topic thread. Regardless, great LeBron article here on the way his mind works.
hmmm I would be really interested to see how Lebron would do as a coach. Seems like if any superstar could be a good coach it would be him
Old 07-22-2014, 10:43 PM   #599

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
No "Yes!" Chants" or "CM PUNK(The new "Booooring" chant)chants? Lol
Or even something like "Lets go Spurs.......____(whoever they face) SUCKS!Lets go Spurs....______ SUCKS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's a wrestling crowd, don't know if you can really draw any conclusions from that, lol

Last edited by Majingir; 07-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #600
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »