Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #73
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He's not rated as an 83, though. He's a 93. It's an elite rating. It's 4th best among QBs. Could you argue for him ahead of Manning, Rodgers, or Brees?

You'd have the best argument to put him ahead of Brees, who's gotten sloppy with the ball the past couple of years, but he seems to be rated about where he should be, no?
Overall aside, yes ,his 99 awareness is well welcomed.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #74
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Tom Brady is the product of the system he is in,,,Nothing more...Bilichick (sp?) is the key to the success, I hate to say, cause I can't stand him....Put Brady on any team Matt Casell ended up on and watch Brady fold just as Cassell did...
Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
For sure.

I think the way I look at it is this: the overall rating is the sum total of all of the player's capabilities. Even if we allow that Brady is the better passer than Wilson (which is almost impossible to say at this stage of his career, considering their respective workloads), Wilson is obviously the better athlete to such a ridiculous degree that it may make up for the difference. I think we'd agree that, at most, Brady is 1.5x as good of a passer as Wilson. He's definitely not twice as good, but probably better, right? How much better of an athlete is Wilson? 3x? 4x? The balancing out is pretty fair, then, when you consider what the rating represents.
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #76
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Tom Brady is the product of the system he is in,,,Nothing more...Bilichick (sp?) is the key to the success, I hate to say, cause I can't stand him....Put Brady on any team Matt Casell ended up on and watch Brady fold just as Cassell did...
I was waiting for this post. Surprised it came so late. Let's keep this on ratings, it's not a Brady-***** vs Brady-Defender thread.

EDIT: Tater (with an H) is a blocked word?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:05 PM   #77
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

So his last 8 games in the regular season he was

209-321 65% 2519 yards 7.8 ypa 16 tds 5 int Rating of 99.1(I use a rating calculator http://www.primecomputing.com/

Once the young receivers started figuring things out he looked like the old Brady.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #78
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5
WILSON IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS TOM BRADY

*double take*

WHAT?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #79
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I find it hilarious about the fans arguing against Wilson's rating. Most of you are fans against the teams that got beat and that could've/should've beaten the Seahawks.

"I can't believe Wilson's rating"
"Wilson won because of the team"
"Wilson's a terrible QB"

Well of course Seahawks haters will say that when Seattle wins. If you don't like his rating just change it when the game is released. I realize that as a Hawks fan myself people will think I'm biased but please, settle down. Some of your complaints are just... stupid.

Just my opinion. /end rant.
So many SMH things in one comment. I love "If you criticize my team your a *****" guy. Plus calling things we say "Stupid"

Sounds like your more a Seattle homer than anyone being a *****. LOL

I didn't realize (H ater) was a blocked word. LOL

Last edited by charter04; 07-22-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #80
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I was waiting for this post. Surprised it came so late. Let's keep this on ratings, it's not a Brady-***** vs Brady-Defender thread.

EDIT: Tater (with an H) is a blocked word?
OKay, Brady's ratings are way over inflated....He lost to Eli Manning in not one, but 2 Super Bowls...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »