Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I can't stand the Patriots but I have more respect for Brady than any other player in the NFL. Look at who he had to throw to last year with Gronk out so much. Edelman is a nice player but come on. Who did more with less? Brady makes more millionaires than the lotto. If you don't believe me just wait and see what happens when he retires. The whole "Patriot Way" crap is bogus. Tom Brady is the Patriots. Just my opinion though.

Again, it really doesn't matter though. Obviously awareness doesn't affect user controlled players (though I wish there was a way for it to be able to) so we just gots hope the accuracy overhaul they are touting is legit so QBs play like they should
Must be some kind of bias against Brady! Brady should be #1 or #2 with ease maybe a 97. Manning is awesome but struggles in most of the bigger pressure games e.g. @Ind @NE and in the Super Bowl. I like Rogers n Brees too but just slightly behind the legend Brady!

Brady 97
Manning 97
Brees 95
Rogers 95
Wilson 88
Old 07-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #58
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
The patriots also were 2nd in the NFL in drops.
Yep. 41 drops, 6.6 % drop rate. The average for the NFL was 4.6%. Let's say you give him those 13 receptions back (4.6 of 619 attempts is 28 drops).

His completion % rises to 62.5.
TD% rises to 4.1
YPA rises to 7.15

Rating probably goes up a little because of all of these factors.

He still doesn't sniff the top 15 in terms of qb performance last year. 93 is a great rating, and if he didn't have the body of work that he does, it'd probably be too high considering his age and dropoff.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #59
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
By his own standards he had a bad year.

2nd worst completion % of his career
Worst TD% of his career
3rd worst YPA of his career
4th worst QB Rating of his career

His AV (which you can read about here) was the 3rd worst of his career.

He's going to be 37 before the season starts, and, by any measure, he had an average-to-below-average year last season. When you couple that with Wilson's ability as a runner, are you really that surprised that they're rated the same?

Besides, don't we all agree that OVR is kinda irrelevant anyway?

edit: BTW, the defense not being good actually hurts his case for a high rating more than you'd think. They had the second-most plays in the NFL, which helps numbers like raw passing yards, points per game, etc. His efficiency is the alarming part. The pats ranked 10th in pass attempts. Of the 10 teams above them, they ranked 9th in completion %, 9th in td%, 3rd in INT%, last in YPA, 9th in qbrating

Well, his standard is one of the best ever. So below his standard is still better than Wilson who clearly doesn't have the same responsibility as Brady. Numbers lie.

I agree about the overall. EA has a very strange system. I'm not even trying to knock Wilson. He's really good but, if Brady and Wilson would have switch teams last year Seattle becomes even better but, NE might not make the playoffs. That's my Opinion based on complete hypothetical's.

Last edited by charter04; 07-22-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #60
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
Must be some kind of bias against Brady! Brady should be #1 or #2 with ease maybe a 97. Manning is awesome but struggles in most of the bigger pressure games e.g. @Ind @NE and in the Super Bowl. I like Rogers n Brees too but just slightly behind the legend Brady!

Brady 97
Manning 97
Brees 95
Rogers 95
Wilson 88
Honestly this doesn't have anything to do with anything.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #61
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

If anything doing the ratings releases gives us an opportunity for some friendly debat. It's not like there is much else to do this time of year. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #62
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Well stand is one of the best ever. So below his standard is still better than Wilson who clearly doesn't have the same responsibility as Brady. Numbers lie.

I agree about the overall. EA has a very strange system. I'm not even trying to knock Wilson. He's really good but, if Brady and Wilson would have switch teams last year Seattle becomes even better but, NE might not make the playoffs. That's my Opinion based on complete hypothetical's.
They lie in many different ways, especially raw numbers, which is why I'm staying away from them. But when you look at the other offenses that throw as much as the pats, and how much better they were at it than the pats, it's alarming, is all I'm saying. Sure, their receivers were a mess, but his receivers have been a mess before. Their running game, however, was better than it has been in a long time (they had a better YPC and lower fumble rate than the Seahawks, for example).
Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #63
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
If anything doing the ratings releases gives us an opportunity for some friendly debat. It's not like there is much else to do this time of year. Lol
For sure.

I think the way I look at it is this: the overall rating is the sum total of all of the player's capabilities. Even if we allow that Brady is the better passer than Wilson (which is almost impossible to say at this stage of his career, considering their respective workloads), Wilson is obviously the better athlete to such a ridiculous degree that it may make up for the difference. I think we'd agree that, at most, Brady is 1.5x as good of a passer as Wilson. He's definitely not twice as good, but probably better, right? How much better of an athlete is Wilson? 3x? 4x? The balancing out is pretty fair, then, when you consider what the rating represents.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #64
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I just think it would be better if there were more traits for each position, which dictated how the AI played to really differentiate players from each other. Like for QBs:
-Throws Tight Spiral: Yes/No
-Forces Passes: Rarely/Sometimes/Often/Sporadically/Frequently
-Ability to Throw on the Run: Poor/Decent/High/Very High
-Arm Strength: Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Ball Velocity: Low/Decent/High/Very High
Touch: Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Pocket Mobility: Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Footwork: Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Ability to Read Coverage: Poor/Decent/High/Very High
-Consistency: Poor/Decent/High
-Clutch: Yes/No
-Composure (how a QB reacts to turnovers, three and outs, etc.): Poor/Decent/High
-Deep/Medium/Short Pass Tendency: Rarely/Often/Frequently
-Ability to Complete Deep/Medium/Short Throws: Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Throw Ball Away Tendency: Rarely/Often/Frequently
-Durability: Poor/Decent/Good
-Tuck-and-Run Tendency: Rarely/Often/Frequently
-Red Zone Efficiency: Poor/Decent/High
-Leadership (affects other players): Poor/Decent/Good/Excellent
-Potential: 1-6 (1. Won't improve much/Veteran regression, 2. Very little to improve/ veteran winding down, 3. Some improvement can be made or has intangibles (project players)/Vets reaching peak, 4. A lot of potential there to make into something great/ vet hitting peak, 5. Can easily be molded into something great with a high ceiling/Vet hitting his prime.)

That, and I wish there was no overall period.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »