Home

Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #25
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Blog and Screenshots - War in the Trenches 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
So based on that info..you have to play DL to set edge..that is a let down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, not to be all Doom and Gloom, but that is a little disappointing. That would add a lot to the immersion for me seeing CPU players set the edge like they should.

Oh well, maybe it will come in along with all-22 true step next year

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #26
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, not to be all Doom and Gloom, but that is a little disappointing. That would add a lot to the immersion for me seeing CPU players set the edge like they should.

"Next year." Man, I've never hated and loved two words more.
"Yay! Christmas and my birthday comes next year."
"EA didn't have ______________ this year, hopefully next year along with _________." Man that hurts.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #27
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well that's odd, that's the main thing LBz, Bezo, etc have been harping on for forever, engaged player movement, so don't really see why CPU/AI "steering" would be left out. A User can only control 1 dlineman, so the other engaged defenders will be stuck in the usual patty cake?

Would be great to get further details on this, if possible, not to harp on it but to at least find out if adding this for CPU/AI is an immediate intention.
I think the missing piece is the line playing as a unit, rather than individual units dealing with the player in front of them. OL/DL play isn't a trench, it's a bunch of 1 vs n battles to get to the ball. Perhaps the next step is the defense better working together (only seen previously to my knowledge last year or the year before when they'd pass players to other defenders in zone coverage, even had an animation for it?) and the entire line playing more defined role in any given play, rather than an individual with the only options being cover another player, play contain (so really a little zone to the side and stare at the QB on a pass) or just go crush the QB - with some more tools for that last bit this year.

That make sense?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

Makes sense, but in the developer Twitch didn't they show a Saints DE set the edge to stop D Williams on a sweep, or was that a replay of a USER controlled action?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Makes sense, but in the developer Twitch didn't they show a Saints DE set the edge to stop D Williams on a sweep, or was that a replay of a USER controlled action?
Yeah they did, but I don't remember if it was user controlled or not. I actually don't think it was because they were showing off how he did it on his own in the replay. That is encouraging.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I asked him if they planned on adding that. It's baffling to me as well as to why they would omit that. Engaged player movement is what they need to expound upon in order to rid themselves of the "win/loss" type of line interactions. Just because I am engaged with an offensive lineman does not mean I "lost". It seems they've adopted this when it comes to user control, but not for the AI. What really sucks about this is that guys who play only against the computer will never once see this done against them. Have to admit, this is an absolute head scratcher.
This goes along with them only adding True Step to user controller players. Seems like a core engine limitation to me. Since they are building on top of a broken football engine they have to take short cuts. Really, these types of mechanics should be built in the core game-play code so they won't need to use as much resources for them. But since they are basically implementing new programs/mechanics, its takes up way too many resources, that's my theory anyway.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 07-22-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #31
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
I never knew uniforms could get so dirty playing on rubberized grass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #32
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Since we know the devs are "always reading", the next question will have to be whether or not the CPU takes advantage and uses all of the new pre-play adjustments, play calling, and lineman moves added to the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »