Home

Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I fully understand that. What I am saying is that BLESTO/Pro Scouting doesn't release their official data until a full week AFTER the combine and it differs very widely from what the NFL produces on-site. Did NFL Network provide to you the "official" split times? Are they all published on NFL.com?

Nope.

The cool thing is that in my business, you know people...people who are willing to give you stuff for free. I get that data the same time the NFL releases it.

Also, it's kinda funny that NFL Network has him "officially" at a 4.43 with NO published split times, yet, I have his best time with all of the split times!

Or am I just making it all up knowing full well that NFLDS has the same numbers and they provide all of the scouting info for CBS Sports? Or did I just rip it off from NFLDS? Wouldn't they be mad at me for using their data? OH WAIT! They actually power and run my website so I don't have to pay for it! What awesome luck! I wonder how THAT happened?

You tell me. If you want more proof, I can prove to you that the NFL, Pro Scouting, and BLESTO have tried for the last 3 years to sue NFLDS for posting this information for FREE! Let me make a phone call and see if I can get a copy of some of that paperwork, as ridiculous as it is. It would be public knowledge, if they took it to court, which they didn't, probably knowing full-well that we had every right to post it even if we may have not paid the full 80k for it like 30 NFL teams do every year.

As for 2 teams not paying for them - I will give you a hint - one of them had a very large grudge with the NFL back in the 80s, and their former owner just recently passed away.

Once again, it comes down to who you know. I know some people who are pros in this business. Do you? Do you know that "The Godfather" himself was known for taking a full tenth off of "reported" 40 times just because a kid went to Texas? It's known in the scouting rings as the "Texas Tenth". Ever heard of it? I doubt it has even been published anywhere, but yet, most scouts have heard of it. Or am I making this stuff up too along with my "official" 40 times and split times?

So, either I am completely full of crap and am making up all this stuff as I am going along, OR I have some credibility that I am presenting to the community via realistic Madden ratings, with players rated the way scouts would rate them. It can't be both.
Last I knew, only 8 teams are involved with BLESTO. And for whatever reason, I feel like NFL.com, the official website of the NFL is correct on their numbers, not some privately ran website that gives information to CBS sports. Then explain this to me, Johnny Manziel is listed on NFL draft scout as running a 4.63. According to NFL.com, he ran a 4.68. According to CBS sports, who apparently gets their data from NFL draft scout, he ran an unofficial 4.63, unofficial 4.56 and official 4.68. What does that say?
Old 07-22-2014, 12:19 AM   #98
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Top 10 Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Nice to see Manziel not on there. Ratings are still way too high though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly, they haven't even played a game yet. I really don't like ratings before pre-season...Infact this is why ratings really don't fit gaming in 2014

But hey...That's just my opinion...

Old 07-22-2014, 12:28 AM   #99
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Last I knew, only 8 teams are involved with BLESTO. And for whatever reason, I feel like NFL.com, the official website of the NFL is correct on their numbers, not some privately ran website that gives information to CBS sports. Then explain this to me, Johnny Manziel is listed on NFL draft scout as running a 4.63. According to NFL.com, he ran a 4.68. According to CBS sports, who apparently gets their data from NFL draft scout, he ran an unofficial 4.63, unofficial 4.56 and official 4.68. What does that say?
National/Pro Scouting/BLESTO still provide the data! The teams still pay for it!

On NFLDS, Manziel is listed at 4.63.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members...hp?pyid=119572

On CBS, he is also listed at 4.63.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...johnny-manziel

Only NFL.com has him at 4.68.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...iel?id=2543462

Yet, both CBS and NFLDS have the splits, which are the most important thing when determining the SPD and ACC ratings. Why doesn't NFL.com have them if they are "official"? Shouldn't they publish that information too considering how important it is???

Give me a break man. Whatever you saw on CBS saying 4.68 is NOT what I have linked on Manziel's full profile on CBS.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 AM   #100
MVP

http://cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...nd-40?v=1&vc=1
This is where I got the manziel 40 on cbs. Now I'm just confused. And I feel like OL acc ratings are overdone just to make sure that pulling animations are done correctly. If Greg Robinson didn't have 87 acc, maybe he wouldn't pull as well as he should. And the ACC rating might have nothing to do with times, but rather involve how quickly a player gets to his specific top speed, and unrelated to players with different speeds. I don't know this, but it sort of makes sense. So a guy with 50 speed but 80 acc reaches the speed of 50 faster than someone with 50 speed and 50 acc, but that doesn't mean he's as good at accelerating as someone with 80 speed and 80 acc if you know what I'm saying.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:57 AM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would like to know which rating KB got robbed on to have him bug-eyed in the video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 01:01 AM   #102
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
http://cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...nd-40?v=1&vc=1
This is where I got the manziel 40 on cbs. Now I'm just confused. And I feel like OL acc ratings are overdone just to make sure that pulling animations are done correctly. If Greg Robinson didn't have 87 acc, maybe he wouldn't pull as well as he should. And the ACC rating might have nothing to do with times, but rather involve how quickly a player gets to his specific top speed, and unrelated to players with different speeds. I don't know this, but it sort of makes sense. So a guy with 50 speed but 80 acc reaches the speed of 50 faster than someone with 50 speed and 50 acc, but that doesn't mean he's as good at accelerating as someone with 80 speed and 80 acc if you know what I'm saying.
That article was written before the official results were released by Pro Scouting/Nation/Blesto on 2/23/2014. Official results were sold to the teams a week afterward. Jeff obviously cited the NFL's times in an effort to publish quickly, hopefully knowing full-well that they would be revised in a week's time. I may have my boss take a look at it.

I can tell you exactly how it works based on my own analysis of the running mechanics (CM Hooe is making some more cutups for me right now, actually). The ACC rating in the game itself directly correlates to the initial velocity of the player, not the average acceleration. The SPD rating directly correlates to the maximum velocity at the 40 yard mark (of which all player models no matter the size, SPD, or ACC reach). Using split times, you can graph these out and determine their values. Then, scale them against the rest of the population.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-22-2014, 01:29 AM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
I would like to know which rating KB got robbed on to have him bug-eyed in the video.
If you are talking about Kelvin Benjamin, I'm guessing it is a lot of his ratings. Moore said Benjamin was the most difficult rookie to rate, since his initial grade wasn't that of a 1st rounder. Since size has no effect on OVR, he is probably one of the lowest rated guys in the 1st round. He's such an interesting prospect, not the fastest WR, inconsistent hands up to this point in his career, not a great route runner, but is difficult to stop in the red zone, makes difficult catches, and is tough to bring down in the open field. I'm guessing he has high jump, spectacular catch, and strength ratings, but lower speed, route running, catch, and AWR ratings.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:33 AM   #104
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't wanna derail the conversation too much, but did we ever find out Blake's punt rating?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »