Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:03 PM   #377
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

It seems to me like this game will require you to have a higher football I.Q. to play. If some of the improvements they've been touting actually play out well, I will be more than happy with the game.

My biggest problem with madden is it gets too easy to score and stale. I've been craving a game that replicated the real life chess match that happens in football. I want every game to feel different and unique. This game may no totally be there yet, but it looks like their headed in that direction.

The guys in the live stream really came across as football junkies and not nerdy EA sales people touting worthless features. I like the direction.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #378
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont think thats true. I played APF last night and I say there post play animations are about equal to what I've seen in the dev video and E3 videos. I'm glad to see that EA caught up in that regards. Its a shame it took 6 years though.
I'm glad EA caught up but I still say they surpassed them. I can't get past the player models in APF, they look really bad compared with M15 especially the O line. That's another area that M15 shines in for the first time in a long time, most of the player models look excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-21-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM   #379
Banned

TFer832's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm glad EA caught up but I still say they surpassed them. I can't get past the player models in APF, they look really bad compared with M15 especially the O line.

well i mean I would hope m15 player models looked better.

a lot of APF was ported from ps2/xbox days. And player models didn't change too significantly after 2k3. So those player models are in essence 12 years old.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #380
Just started!

I'm not sure when the NFL 2K fans will stop with the Madden hate. It's like the Lynn Bias argument, he would have been great had he not bit the dust. I agree, make an espn 30 for 30 about 2k5 and call it a day. I loved 2k5; was sorely disappointed when it was snatched away.. madden looks like they are trying to fix some bs about the game. Like I said earlier, 25 was fun until I started playing against folks who ran the flag combos all day (online children have no shame). Get excited folks.... This will be another fun game.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #381
Just started!

I thought the ratings were coming out today
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #382
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm glad EA caught up but I still say they surpassed them. I can't get past the player models in APF, they look really bad compared with M15 especially the O line.

I dont know how the player models looks relates to the animations. Im not even willing to give Madden 15 much credit until I see more. They continue to focus on individual post play animations when in real life most celebrations after a play are done in groups.

For example, whats more likely to happen after a tackle for a loss...one person celebrating by doing a dance while the rest of the team pumps their fists OR 3 or four of the tackler's teammates going over to congratulate him.

I say the second thing happens 70-80% of the time in the NFL when that play happens but I dont think I've seen any group celebrations in the videos I've seen of M15. Even if its in M15 it definitely doesnt happen enough to be realistic.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #383
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookac81
I'm not sure when the NFL 2K fans will stop with the Madden hate. It's like the Lynn Bias argument, he would have been great had he not bit the dust. I agree, make an espn 30 for 30 about 2k5 and call it a day. I loved 2k5; was sorely disappointed when it was snatched away.. madden looks like they are trying to fix some bs about the game. Like I said earlier, 25 was fun until I started playing against folks who ran the flag combos all day (online children have no shame). Get excited folks.... This will be another fun game.
Dont turn this into a 2k v. Madden thread...last and final warning.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:47 PM   #384
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFer832
well i mean I would hope m15 player models looked better.

a lot of APF was ported from ps2/xbox days. And player models didn't change too significantly after 2k3. So those player models are in essence 12 years old.
The detailed player models are wonderful, and yes, they are much better than a game that was basically built form the original xbox (shouldn't they be?). However, great graphics mean nothing if it looks like dog poop when it moves, which Madden still suffers from. I can play APF today and still see the organic line play and the life that each player has. It looks and feels like football. Madden still looks weak in motion, even on the line. Better than past Maddens? Of course, but still not organic. I still see too much sliding around on the O line and what looks like robots scrambling to follow the sorting algorithm they built. I want to see a struggle at the line, which is what APF shows me. I don't feel that there is a simple win/loss outcome. Much of "winning" at the line of scrimmage does not equal beating your man and penetrating. That is one form of a "win", but ultimately winning depends on filling gaps, pushing/collapsing the pocket and setting edges. All three of those can be accomplished without a simple "disengage and sack QB" type of deal - which is EXACTLY what Madden 15 still does. It's much better than it was, but to be honest, it's not hard to improve on what was there before. With a bit more refinement, Madden's line play can really shine. The interactions between the O and D needs to become more organic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »