Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #369
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'd say more like 40% if you consider the new post play animations. If you use those as a guide for what they could do with mocap I'd say that they can get some really nice animations. 15 has the best post play animations in football gaming now. That one where traviathan does like a bunch of celebrations and salutes, that looks intense. That's what has been missing in Madden is the intensity of the NFL, I think Murray is going to be a huge addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's wait for the finished game before we start giving Madden any crowns. While VERY much improved post play, there's still some goofy legacy stuff in there. I'll wait until I play the game a few weeks before I take any titles from APF in any area.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #370
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm really impressed with these guys and what they're attempting to do. I also appreciate their honesty. I've been critical of Madden in the past and haven't bought a Madden game since 2010. I will purchase their game this year to show I support their sim movement.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #371
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
hahaha....when your the only game in town that statement is rather hollow....
I meant period, better than any predecessor's post play animations.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #372
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:

The post play celebrations/antics they added are a really nice touch, but where do you come up with these absolute declarations? You haven't even played a lot of the football games of old, so how do you go about making these statements? You want madden to be the best game ever along with everyone else, but for some reason you feel it necessary to push that opinion that it IS the best game ever on everyone. Wanting something to be different than it actually is does not change reality.

News flash, although the team's hard work and candor is greatly appreciated, it is a good long way off before it catches up to the fundamentals of other games (gameplay wise), along with presentation of not only past football games, but other current sports games. Career modes is another gaping hole that hasn't even been discussed as of late.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #373
Banned

TFer832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
The post play celebrations/antics they added are a really nice touch, but where do you come up with these absolute declarations? You haven't even played a lot of the football games of old, so how do you go about making these statements? You want madden to be the best game ever along with everyone else, but for some reason you feel it necessary to push that opinion that it IS the best game ever on everyone. Wanting something to be different than it actually is does not change reality.

News flash, although the team's hard work and candor is greatly appreciated, it is a good long way off before it catches up to the fundamentals of other games (gameplay wise), along with presentation of not only past football games, but other current sports games. Career modes is another gaping hole that hasn't even been discussed as of late.
Exactly. I am glad that they seemed to have gone to full real-time presentation (at least semi-full.. There is still some canned stuff when they go into huddle).. but I think that this game still has a lot to achieve in terms of presentation alone. I feel like i've seen every intro already just from watching the E3 videos.. There just isn't enough variety yet. I'm hoping it feels more organic during gameplay at least. I don't want to keep seeing the same post play celebrations and animations over and over.

I have really appreciated the transparency of this dev team so far.. but they still need to deliver on some things they THEMSELVES have promised. In particular living worlds... the sidelines are still miles behind the other football game...and it still isn't close.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #374
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
I am excited!!!

I see a few bugs or things that we may not like here and there but you cant expect them to have a perfect madden game.

I think we should all be glad that we don't have a call of duty type of game where they literally copy and paste one game in to another with different colors.

I bought every madden since like 2000 (been playing since 95)

my glory days for madden i would say from around 2004-06 (xbox/ps2 days)

then came the xbox360 and ps3 where i felt they half hearted the game up until madden 13.

thats when i seen the improvements and an actual madden game i would be proud of.

the video encourages me to believe they are going in the right direction. focused on the right things (especially the hardcore players look at)

I am a cfm guy (offline/mainly online)... i hope they make it a little more in depth but am extremely proud to what they have done to it.

the previous maddens 08-12 i feel lowered my expectations for madden so drastically that now i get excited with any kind of info, and finally the previous two installments and hopefully madden 15 will start raise my standards from a honda civic to at least a acrua/lexus/infiniti.

the push the sticks feature is awesome and finally gives the defense a chance against an offense.

I was the type to make 4-6 pre play adjustments before the team gets lined up and loved doing it, but wasnt realistic and i am really excited that they made pre play adjustments much more realistic

I have watched the video about 4 times and basically fall asleep to it every night on my youtube app on my X1 lol.

cant wait! ::bart scott voice::
Old 07-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #375
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

I've played every football game since ten yard fight. I played apf last summer, madden 15 is the closest I've seen to a CBS broadcast.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-21-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #376
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

I dont think thats true. I played APF last night and I say there post play animations are about equal to what I've seen in the dev video and E3 videos. I'm glad to see that EA caught up in that regards. Its a shame it took 6 years though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »