Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #361
Just started!

OVR: 0
Gameplay looks better. Last year wasn't all that bad, until you got to the shifts that allowed the bunch formations which resulted in cheesy flag routes. They really took a step backwards with the DB interceptions though. If it's truly "sim" then 83% of those swatted balls should have been picked off. I read that they dailed it back so folks would still enjoy passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #362
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

If they can ever get the animations/movement realistic looking, the game will go so much further imo.

This was the perfect opportunity for them to capture more realistic audible animations since they actually changed how they work. They have been an eyesore for awhile now. It's always just weird to me how they change certain things but leave other things untouched that would make sense.

Tiburon I just need you to get your animations together. That's one of the main things that's holding this game back as it is now.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #363
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

OVR: 0

Did anybody hear AC/DC's Hells Bells played when the Chargers had the ball on 3rd down? I don't remember the time, but I'm positive I heard it.

I know this may not sound like a big deal to some, but it's something I've wanted for a long time now.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:57 AM   #364
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

They probably won't but, I wish they would tune the QB's accuracy a little more. The QB's still seem a little to accurate. Maybe it's just the inflated EA ratings though. Hopefully the sliders actually work right this year so we can fix things if needed.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #365
Pro

OVR: 2

Maddne is far from perfect but I'm glad that they are doing the Livestream and pointing out the flaws in the game. Rex seems to know exactly what's wrong with the game and dedicated to fixing it. There's a big underlying problem with Madden being that 80% of the animations look weird. I did see more gang tackling which I liked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #366
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Maddne is far from perfect but I'm glad that they are doing the Livestream and pointing out the flaws in the game. Rex seems to know exactly what's wrong with the game and dedicated to fixing it. There's a big underlying problem with Madden being that 80% of the animations look weird. I did see more gang tackling which I liked.
I'd say more like 40% if you consider the new post play animations. If you use those as a guide for what they could do with mocap I'd say that they can get some really nice animations. 15 has the best post play animations in football gaming now. That one where traviathan does like a bunch of celebrations and salutes, that looks intense. That's what has been missing in Madden is the intensity of the NFL, I think Murray is going to be a huge addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #367
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
15 has the best post play animations in football gaming now.

hahaha....when your the only game in town that statement is rather hollow....
Old 07-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #368
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sim just made a quick stream recap video and said he was sending his feedback to Rex and Clint on this http://youtu.be/x1C4jjC1Frk

I agree with the part on the River's pass not being affected enough. After seeing that play I said to myself that there was no way that pass is completed like that. It should have been a duck that was picked off.

That play all has to do with physics. Again taking a page out of NHL's book. They really need to completely redo the football's physics and also take it a step further with player models. Like NHL, have three layers to player models; actual player, pads, and jersey. Thats the kind of stuff that will put the game over the top.

Edit. Also something that kills me on the screen play is the way the RB runs his route. He runs up, completely stops on a dime and makes a 45 degree cut to the right. No chopping of the feet at all to stop his momentum going forward so he can make the cut to the flat. Next year, I expect that to be addressed.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 07-21-2014 at 12:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »