Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #41
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Plus the total control passing I believe it was where you could lead the receiver and I believe under throw him by moving the stick accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:10 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 5
Of course it wasn't perfect... But for it to even still be in the conversation.. Speaks volumes.. One thing I always loved was the offsetting penalties... And the choice challenge system.... Awesome
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 11
I echo others in saying this is an all time classic, and on my personal Mt Rushmore of sports games. It's a shame that we have to deal with this NFL exclusivity fiasco. I haven't purchased an NFL game since Madden 06, and that was solely to get an idea of how EA would play this out being the sole license holder.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #44
Rookie

And I recently began playing it again... Still see new animations... After a week with Madden and you've seen them all
Old 07-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

The timing of Madden's Friday Twitch stream (which was a good, informative stream, for the record) and the NFL 2K5 article that went up that same morning was merely coincidental.

The staff began planning NFL 2K5 anniversary articles back on July 1, with the goal of publishing them as close to the anniversary date (today) as possible.

The first article was submitted late Thursday night (10 PM) and published Friday morning (10 AM). I can't speak for the rest of the staff, but personally, I didn't even know that Madden was doing a stream on Friday until 5 minutes before it happened, which was around 3:30 PM. I had my head buried in the sand most of the week writing and doing research for the first NFL 2K5 article.

Retrospective articles are something that we have done regularly over the years whenever the news is slow, or important series hit an anniversary, or the sport they represent happens to be in the limelight (see past features on MVP Baseball 2005, College Hoops 2K8, All-Pro Football 2K8, Olympic Hockey 98, Tiny Toons Adventures: Wacky Sports Challenge, Windjammers, et al. ).

Last edited by jyoung; 07-20-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #46
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I can't have an opinion on if this was the greatest game or a good game etc because the NFL 2K that I played and enjoyed was the first one on Dreamcast with Moss on the cover. At the time that game to me was awesome IMO..
But Madden was really good as well at the time which closed me off to the 2K series. The series was very innovative especially in 04 (Madden 05) Ray Lewis on the cover, hit stick was introduced (a crazy addition!!) and there were other features that we enjoyed that was in the game at the time.
I'll never know what the 2K series was like and most likely I never will. I've heard a lot of things both good and bad but I guess now all we have are 2 things, memories and hope.. Memories of our favorite NFL games in the past and hope that EA can bring these games back to what it was in the past..
Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #47
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10
The game was incredible.

Add to the fact that we had an editor to change many things in the game so we could play for years with updated rosters only made it better.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #48
Rookie

Bull_Dozer's Arena

2K will come back someday. Even if they have to do it without the NFL license.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »