Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #353
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Ok here's the link for the podcasts where he talks about gameplay and I think at the end of the first one, maybe in both of them, he talks about bluff blitz

http://youtu.be/cMGIdLCMuWE
http://youtu.be/s0F-cC-YHYw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=w27YWRV-n1Y

@ 25:00 they go over it and the player just stays in position and his posture doesn't change. It would be cool to see the player move into a blitzing position and change to a more aggressive posture pre snap so he looks more like a blitzing threat and make the offensive player take that into account in his/her pre-snap read.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 07-20-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #354
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Post play is looking so much better and gone is the lost cattle feel with players running into each other and sprinting towards the locker room. Its small things like that that I appreciate them fixing after all these years.
Me too, really looking forward to the presentation stream. Hopefully the halftime show was much improved after E3. I noticed on the first drive for SD a gong rings and the crowd gets louder on 3rd down.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #355
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
There was discussion about communicating hot routes last year or the year before, where Bezo was pretty much stating the "signaling" doesn't really take that much time in real life. Also in the stream the devs were saying they actually consulted NFL QBs about it, so considering they acknowledge the amount of preplay adjustments were ridiculous, they seem to have also added in an increased chance of false start on the offense when doing too much adjusting, it's a good start.

I think the next step should be taking away the ability to bring up the playart on All Pro and All Madden by default and add in an increased chance for miscommunication/players running a different route than what the QB adjusted to, for less AWR players and the more preplay adjustments made. In real life QBs have no idea for certain what any other player is going to do, they only know what they should do based on the play call/ audible/adjustment. So since offensive Users are essentially the QBs presnap at the LOS, stop giving them the ability to be certain of the other players assignments/adjustments by bringing up the playart. Leave on by default on lower settings as a teaching tool but have it off by default and an option for All Pro/All Madden. That way it's off by default for online ranked and optional for league Commissioners/offline Users.

great idea I would love to see this. another nice touch they could add is one that EA already had in one of its titles. remember "home field advantage" in the ncaa football series? trying to audible on the road with inexperienced freshman wrs you had no idea if they received the audible thus having no idea where they were going to run their route. certain stadiums known for their hostile environments were tougher to change plays at the line than others. what im saying is it should be tougher to audible on the road in a close game/playoff game in seattle or new orleans than it would be to do the same in a 100 pm game in Jacksonville in October.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #356
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I'd love to see the bluff blitz feature taken one step further and actually automatically position the player in a blitz look on the field once that action has been initiated and automatically changing his posture to a blitz look at the same time and then they drop back into their assignment. The feature the way it is now does nothing to a pre-snap read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree, what you're describing seems like what "show blitz" should be in Madden instead of a how it is now, which basically seems like stacking the box, not showing bltiz, imo. I'm think "bluff blitz" is fine and has merit but having both would be better. Good point and someone should tweet that little nuance to the devs.
Add to that I'd like the players to have the intelligence/awareness rating go a step further.
Example:

I'd love for the players to make a call on their own and they switch assignments in cases like when the O motions changing the strong side etc.. etc..
(Now a blitzing LB is in zone and the LB that was in zone now knows he's blitzing)

Have the awareness rating dictate when they make the right call or not. They screw up (1 or both) and now I have both LB's blitzing or both in zone or they do what was originally called.

basically make the players themselves have their own "life/input" and not just a puppet on a string relying on a "coach" to yell out "Hey they changed formation.. now do this!!".

Hope I'm making sense.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #357
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Add to that I'd like the players to have the intelligence/awareness rating go a step further.
Example:

I'd love for the players to make a call on their own and they switch assignments in cases like when the O motions changing the strong side etc.. etc..
(Now a blitzing LB is in zone and the LB that was in zone now knows he's blitzing)

Have the awareness rating dictate when they make the right call or not. They screw up (1 or both) and now I have both LB's blitzing or both in zone or they do what was originally called.

basically make the players themselves have their own "life/input" and not just a puppet on a string relying on a "coach" to yell out "Hey they changed formation.. now do this!!".

Hope I'm making sense.
You're making perfect sense and during the power point presentation, at about 16:38, there was a bullet point on one of the slides about "you can depend on AI defenders to do their job", so hopefully things like what you are suggesting can be implemented in the future. Option routes for receivers where they read the defense, receivers sitting down in zones, defenders freelancing ala Ed Reed, some players taking plays off not giving full effort, etc all based on ratings. That is IF they ever get progression figured out so it's not too easy to give every player HOF ratings. Then again DPP seemingly could be fleshed out way more to encompass those things, to give players more individual personalities and play styles.

Oh the possibilities.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:18 AM   #358
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

On lunch break so I'm just thinking about all this.

As far as on D
Some players(gamers) might be like "My D, even my captain, is way to young and I don't want them changing assignments/plays!.."

So have it where you name your captains. Then have captain settings in your coach settings , or wherever.
Captain Settings:
NONE = Not allowed to deviate from called play
Moderate: Only on plays outside the 50 (or could be only on 1st down etc..)
High: "Fire when ready"

Then the user can still be in charge as much as they want.. and give as much freedom as they want to rookies/veterans.

Tie it into the whole weeks gameplan etc..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #359
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Sim just made a quick stream recap video and said he was sending his feedback to Rex and Clint on this http://youtu.be/x1C4jjC1Frk

Old 07-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #360
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
On lunch break so I'm just thinking about all this.

As far as on D
Some players(gamers) might be like "My D, even my captain, is way to young and I don't want them changing assignments/plays!.."

So have it where you name your captains. Then have captain settings in your coach settings , or wherever.
Captain Settings:
NONE = Not allowed to deviate from called play
Moderate: Only on plays outside the 50 (or could be only on 1st down etc..)
High: "Fire when ready"

Then the user can still be in charge as much as they want.. and give as much freedom as they want to rookies/veterans.

Tie it into the whole weeks gameplan etc..
Yeah man, I really hope the concept of making the virtual football world as realistic as possible and providing options so the User can have as much direct influence as they choose is built on. I could really see some of things you're mentioning coming about due to the "QB AI" tech they touted in the stream at about the 20:35 mark, that will allow Cam Newton to translate his playstyle into the QB AI for his virtual character in M15. I think that tech could be the next evolution of what was attempted with Gameplans under Ian, expanding it out to individual players/positions, not just coaches.

It instantly reminded me of the VIP system from that other football game and it would be really awesome to see that expanded out to all positions. I don't want to get too into this but just imagining the potential for having real NFL and lesser tier football players, player locking on in-game counterparts for Madden and having their playstyle integrated into that players AI would be sweet. I noticed that feature seemed to fly under the radar a little with the community, there wasn't much discussion about it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »