Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #345
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

we also need team songs and chats redone for ps4

so like if u play @ lamberu u hear go pack go
or if u play @ Seattle the joystick always moves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #346
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
You cannot be serious? The two systems share one similarity, and that is they are progression systems. In MLB THE SHOW, I'm not able to rack up points and make an F Potential SS into Derek Jeter. I can tell them what I want them to focus on in practice, which allows me to indirectly mold a player to fit my vision, but I can't just turn him into a godly player by racking up base hits, steals and putouts.

In Madden, as an above poster described, I could take a scrambling QB, rack up rushing yards and rushing TDs, and use the experience from that to make him a better passer. Madden's progression system also doesn't allow for backups to progress. Instead what we end up with is All-NFL starters on every team with terrible depth, except the User whom has players with almost 10k more XP points, meaning he has even better starters as well as better depth.

Now lets view that as a bug, or design flaw and look at the system even more meta. Ratings in Madden equal a players ability. A player does not break out unless they have the ability to do so, or the system around them benefits them more than the previous system. In Madden, we expect guys without the ability to break out, to get better because the user forced them to breakout by constantly feeding their stat line. This is even easier to do because of the lack of drops, terrible coverage, robo-accurate quarterbacks, and lack of fatigue. Meaning bad players can play well above their ratings, which creates a snowball effect where playing above your ratings means your ratings should be higher, which means the user can do even better with the player, leading him to play above his ratings even more, leading to further progression.
Good points. Also, in MLBTS, players will regress in-season. The old ones can fall quite hard and quite fast--to the tune of 25 pts. OVR over 162 games.

Does Madden have in-season regression? I barely played last year's game, so I can't remember. If not, that would be a nice touch to add.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #347
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
The Show is potential driven. Which is far more realistic than XP driven.
You schedule players to work on certain things. That doesn't guarantee they will improve on those things, or how much.

XP is driven by stats and goals. You reach a goal or stat and you get better. It's the opposite of real life. In real life, you get better at something and your performance goes up.

The Show follows a more realistic path.
I have to agree. After playing in a long term online cfm with 32 guys, it was horrific. I picked up 3 or 4 scrub CBs prior to season one starting. I picked them up because they had decent speed and agility, but were in the 60s rated. By season 2, all of them were Darrell Revis. Even the guys who didn't play. There is nothing realistic about it.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #348
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
That's an awesome idea, the only problem is that the QBs tend to throw the ball where the receiver is, rather than where he is supposed to be. It could still lead to miscommunications if the WR runs the wrong route, but I'd like to see the QB throw to a spot where the WR is nowhere near when there is a miscommunication. For instance, WR is supposed to run a dig, but instead runs a go route and never breaks off, and the QB throws right to a defender with no WR near him
I definitely agree Madden desperately needs route based passing, that goes hand in hand with inaccuracies, imo, maybe that's a part of WR/DB interaction upgrades for next year somehow. In the meantime disabling play art would at least make the stick jockeys have to pay more attention to what they're doing presnap versus these autopilot like presnap combos they do now. Not to mention it would remove the need for the screen to be pulled back/forth or all those annoying preplay popups. I posted a whole thread on this stuff before about how annoying it is to watch a game of Madden, seeing all that arcade stuff on screen, even in big money tournaments. It amazes me that guys which claim to be soooo good at Madden, need all those arcade visual feedback ques. It's time to clean that up, at least on the higher settings and include more organic visual ques using the on field players when possible.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #349
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I have to agree. After playing in a long term online cfm with 32 guys, it was horrific. I picked up 3 or 4 scrub CBs prior to season one starting. I picked them up because they had decent speed and agility, but were in the 60s rated. By season 2, all of them were Darrell Revis. Even the guys who didn't play. There is nothing realistic about it.
Did you do practice mode?
Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #350
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
There was discussion about communicating hot routes last year or the year before, where Bezo was pretty much stating the "signaling" doesn't really take that much time in real life. Also in the stream the devs were saying they actually consulted NFL QBs about it, so considering they acknowledge the amount of preplay adjustments were ridiculous, they seem to have also added in an increased chance of false start on the offense when doing too much adjusting, it's a good start.

I think the next step should be taking away the ability to bring up the playart on All Pro and All Madden by default and add in an increased chance for miscommunication/players running a different route than what the QB adjusted to, for less AWR players and the more preplay adjustments made. In real life QBs have no idea for certain what any other player is going to do, they only know what they should do based on the play call/ audible/adjustment. So since offensive Users are essentially the QBs presnap at the LOS, stop giving them the ability to be certain of the other players assignments/adjustments by bringing up the playart. Leave on by default on lower settings as a teaching tool but have it off by default and an option for All Pro/All Madden. That way it's off by default for online ranked and optional for league Commissioners/offline Users.
Absolutely love this idea. Another way to add player separation. "Playbook knowledge" or "communication" could be a great attribute which adds trust with certain WRs. Being a patriots fan, many people know how selective Tom Brady is with his receivers. If he doesn't trust a guy, he wont even look his way (ex danny amendola).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
I like that you have to wait for the QB to finish the audible animation before calling another one. HOWEVER, the animations they have are way way way too quick and robotic. It doesn't look like a natural movement. He stands, points, then gets back under center in an incredibly herky-jerky kinda way. That other football game had the QB naturally pointing and signaling. The QB would even, from time to time, walk away from center to communicate with the wide out.
Another great point. I hope they address subtle animations such as these. Even things such as false starts are barely noticeable. Would like to see them a little more drawn out.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:51 PM   #351
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Maybe JP could do it if he has time because I have no idea who to send it to. I think adding little enhancements to features like this would go a long way with the realism of how the game looks. Right now the way the feature is they just take a few steps forward and then drop into zone because you sure wouldn't do it for man coverage.

Actually a bluff blitz for both man and zone would be cool because you could also bluff blitz a safety but man him up on a TE or RB and they wouldn't blitz in they'd just play man but on Zone they'd take those few steps up and then drop.
I could be wrong but I believe this is already in, I listened to a podcast by Zan of forward progress and he talked about using bluff blitz like Polamalu does in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #352
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Ok here's the link for the podcasts where he talks about gameplay and I think at the end of the first one, maybe in both of them, he talks about bluff blitz

http://youtu.be/cMGIdLCMuWE
http://youtu.be/s0F-cC-YHYw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-20-2014 at 08:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »