Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #313
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

I just don't understand why they didn't go with a whole new engine this gen. I mean no matter what they do, stuff in this engine is going to stay broken or if they fix one thing another thing is going to break. If they are dead set on keeping this engine, than use madden 10's foot planting. Oh let me guess if they use that something else will break..........

There was a passing play, I can't remember, where they threw it to a streaking guy on the right side of the field, I believe. It was when they had the safeties fake blitz. The LB did that thing where he took like 3 or 4 steps, like he was covering a streaking TE, before realizing he should follow the TE. The TE(doing a post) was open by 10 yards. If the guy playing actually tried to throw it to the TE he would have had a TD (well if the TE was fast enough).

And again on another play, one of the out plays. He throws the ball and DB1 covering the WR doing a streak automatically turns and runs after the guy I just threw the out too before he even catches it. DB1 was not looking backwards before the pass was thrown. If I catch the ball and DB2 covering the out mistimes the pick, I should have a good 10 yards more to run, not catch it and turn up and get blasted by DB1 that wasn't even looking at the play.....

And that is what I'm talking about. All this talk about fixing this and that doesn't mean anything if stuff like TE POST is still freaking money and other things still doesn't come off right. Again I shouldn't have to put in house rules so I can get a good game of football. Sigh this engine has to go. I'm not trying to burst people's bubble but this is the same stuff from people I have read before. They get hyped up than when Madden 17 comes around they are going to be asking where is true step for all 22 players or a few other things, that where suppose to have been in madden 15....

And please do not tell me they are working to try to fix all this stuff. It was said by every team every 3 years about how they are working so hard to do this and that. Madden 10 was not the end all of football games, but it was good. But for whatever reason they scrap it and we have the previous 4 madden's. A NHL game called NFL.

Oh and one last thing, the first 2 plays where he says "oh look you can't run to the outside and get big yards" huh if he followed his blockers instead of trying to run around the tackle(which I have no clue why he did that, that must be an online vs game thing or something from last year) he could have easily gotten 5+ yards on each of those runs.

Edit: And believe me I hope to god I get egg on my face and I'm totally wrong.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

Last edited by burter; 07-20-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 AM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This is the second time someone has posted this yet that's not how I understand what that explanation is stating. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think "frame rate issues" is referring to an internal issue with Madden, not an external issue with a lack of power in consoles. Valdarez has touched on this recently, citing a source close to creating Madden years ago and Ian mentioned something about having an issue addressing player movement for defenders too.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=442
That's what I'm getting at. The problem isn't with the new consoles, it's with their programming code. The consoles are easily powerful enough for 22 player true step. Watch. In two years, they'll finally have it implemented and everyone is going to be asking them "but I thought the consoles weren't powerful enough" lol. They say a feature the community wants just can't be done due to console restraints, then in the next year or two, it's in the game.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #315
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
What was the point of this post? This thread is being closely monitored and no one has even come close to crossing the line. This post will only derail the thread and you know it,

Connsider this your last friendly warning, next time it's an infraction.
It was a lighthearted reference to my claim last year about people being blown away by M15. I was kinda making fun of it honestly😬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-20-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #316
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Was this presentation scheduled in an advance or did we just hear about it happening the day it happened.

If it was announced earlier is there a schedule for other presentations.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #317
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Was this presentation scheduled in an advance or did we just hear about it happening the day it happened.

If it was announced earlier is there a schedule for other presentations.
We didn't hear about it until the morning of. Rex and RG did mention that there would be another stream or blog for play calling and another stream for presentation at some point.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #318
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Yes, I did watch the video. It is still psychic DB in action not because the DB was told to cover the flat, but the execution.

As I specified and let me clarify ... the concept is perfectly fine. The concept of covering the flats is perfectly fine. It is the execution that is poorly implemented. Watch the interaction/relationship of where the defender is, moves and where the offensive player is, and moves. Execution, concept.
Fair enough, I get what you're saying and it makes sense. Its a work in progress and maybe next year we will see it flow more naturally. One can hope at least.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #319
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

We're close to the perfect madden

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 07-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #320
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
We're close to the perfect madden
There's no such thing, we can only hope to get as close as possible to authenticity. We still need to see what they're doing with CFM and CFM presentation needs to immerse us into the nfl world like never before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »