Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #305
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

I have to say this supriseinly looks good but after how madden has been sinces ps3 started last year was the first time I didn't get madden in years and the other years I felt like it was a wast of money. I loved madden during the ps2 days but ever year things sound good the problem is that ever year things only work about half has while has they sound and certain things end up getting worse. I am at the point where nothing will convince me that the game will be good again. So while it looks good my confidence is still low. If the game gets good reviews on hear and other sites I will then rent the game but I am never buying a madden game again with out renting it first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 01:23 AM   #306
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Which is exactly why it's not in the game yet, they aren't half way doing things under Cam & Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not true, they band aided coverage and cb/wr play this year while admitting its on their radar in the future which I'm perfectly fine with! Sometimes doing things half way is better than not touching it til next year.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:38 AM   #307
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
[Clint said something about working on True Step for OL the other day but he also mentioned that they are trying to figure out how to have all 22 players use True Step at the same time without their being performance issues. He said towards the beginning of the cycle it was like that but they had too many frame rate issues and are trying to figure out how to make it work without the frame rate issues happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We can have open universe games with infinite planets on consoles, yet true step for 22 players simultaneously is just too much...

I refuse to believe that he's basically saying these new consoles aren't powerful enough for it - that is a ludicrous excuse.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:42 AM   #308
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
We can have open universe games with infinite planets on consoles, yet true step for 22 players simultaneously is just too much...
I'm not going to say your complaint is invalid, but procedural content generation with space partitioning for managing that massive amount of content and real-time physics aren't even in the same wheelhouse with respect to how they are implemented and really shouldn't be compared.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:04 AM   #309
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:

I refuse to believe that he's basically saying these new consoles aren't powerful enough for it - that is a ludicrous excuse.
This is the second time someone has posted this yet that's not how I understand what that explanation is stating. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think "frame rate issues" is referring to an internal issue with Madden, not an external issue with a lack of power in consoles. Valdarez has touched on this recently, citing a source close to creating Madden years ago and Ian mentioned something about having an issue addressing player movement for defenders too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Rather not say as I don't have their permission to share. It was someone on the Tiburon team though in 2011 time frame.

It's why it's misleading when they say the game plays at 60 FPS. It does 'play' that fast, meaning decisions in the game are made in that time frame, but updates / rendering of the graphics only occur roughly 21 FPS due to the design method they chose. That's why everyone thinks the animations look so choppy / robotic. Hoping rendering issue was fixed in the the move to next generation (XBoxOne / PS4).
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=442
Old 07-20-2014, 02:52 AM   #310
Rookie

undrafted's Arena

Quote:
I suspect that the simultaneous aspect is the culprit here.
You have a fixed budget of time to spend on computations, before your time to produce the current frame runs out...
If those 22 movement routines take too long (even considering multi-threading) the result are missed frames and unstable frame rate (something you don't want to see in a sport game - if ever).

What seem to work simultaneously now are the "player sense" routines, and I noticed sincere and spontaneous enthusiasm from Mr. Dickson, as he underlined those little glimpses of 'self-determination' shown by the players on the field.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:01 AM   #311
Rookie

Consider my interest, peaked. This was truly intriguing. Glad to see such an in-depth look into the subtle nuances of the game. Like the man said, they weren't able to get everything done that they would have liked, but they're definitely moving in the right direction. That's good to hear.

There are a few superficial details that I would love to see improved though: updated player equipment and accurate player skin tone. Adding mouthgaurds, full single arm sleeves, NBA style arm sleeves, and signature Nike gloves and cleats would do wonders for the aesthetic value of the game. And with player skin tone, several significant players are (very obviously) inaccurate. For example, Von Miller and Marshawn Lynch are much too light skinned, and Russell Wilson is far too dark skinned.

I know this may not make a difference to many, but to me it is important to replicate the NFL game and NFL players as much as possible, in every way possible. It would certainly add a substantial upgrade to its visual authenticity as a simulation game.

With that said, the gameplay and presentation improvements look great. It's wonderful to see such an improvement from last years installment. So long as this level of detail is payed attention to year after year, I'm a happy customer. It's fair to say, this is a day one purchase for me. Keep up the good work EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #312
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrafted
I suspect that the simultaneous aspect is the culprit here.
You have a fixed budget of time to spend on computations, before your time to produce the current frame runs out...
If those 22 movement routines take too long (even considering multi-threading) the result are missed frames and unstable frame rate (something you don't want to see in a sport game - if ever).

What seem to work simultaneously now are the "player sense" routines, and I noticed sincere and spontaneous enthusiasm from Mr. Dickson, as he underlined those little glimpses of 'self-determination' shown by the players on the field.
You seem to be well versed and have a good understanding on programming. What is your (or anyone else's) educated take on FIFA vs Madden locomotion system? Soccer has 22 players on the field simultaneously and so does football. The physical interaction obviously differ between soccer and football. Football has physical contact on every single play. But even during Madden sequences where contact have not been made and are not made, sliding is still present. I have yet to see any players in FIFA slide into position. All FIFA players seem to realistically plant their foot with every move.

Anyone have a reasonable educated guess on why FIFA apparently has unadvertised true step applied to all 22 players and Madden does not.

Side Note: Unless I'm mistaken, the Ignite engine is suppose to allow EA sports division to extract and "share" elements from one sport to another. Wondering what challenges are preventing the transfer of locomotion/foot plant from FIFA to Madden.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-20-2014 at 05:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »