Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #281
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
Realistic player movement for all twenty-two players should have taken precedence over new features like the tackle cone. I was hoping that realistic player movement for all twenty-two players would be addressed for current-gen Madden 25 last year; unfortunately, "TrueStep" suffered from poor implementation, just like many other new features over the years. I'm not buying another Madden until realistic player movement is implemented for all twenty-two players on the field.

Tiburon has not only not prioritized the most important new features and improvements needed, but also, new features and improvements they do choose have suffered from poor implementation.
Did you watch the stream yet? Player movement overall is definitely better, players have more weight and there's 2-4 man tackles now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jpdavis82; 07-19-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #282
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
Realistic player movement for all twenty-two players should have taken precedence over new features like the tackle cone. I was hoping that realistic player movement for all twenty-two players would be addressed for current-gen Madden 25 last year; unfortunately, "TrueStep" suffered from poor implementation, just like many other new features over the years. I'm not buying another Madden until realistic player movement is implemented for all twenty-two players on the field.

Tiburon has not only not prioritized the most important new features and improvements needed, but also, new features and improvements they do choose have suffered from poor implementation.
Far be it for me to try to excuse or defend what Tiburon does because ultimately, they're the ones to blame for whatever issues Madden has. That said, I don't really see how in this instance they can be faulted for not prioritizing movement for players, if it's true that they actually added it but had to remove it due to programming issues. I give that claim some credence due to the fact that this isn't the first time a Madden team has stated this type of issue, meaning adding one thing, which unexpectedly effects something else. Specifically with regard to player movement, which I think Ian mentioned some issues with trying to add locomotion to defenders.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:09 PM   #283
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Far be it for me to try to excuse or defend what Tiburon does because ultimately, they're the ones to blame for whatever issues Madden has. That said, I don't really see how in this instance they can be faulted for not prioritizing movement for players, if it's true that they actually added it but had to remove it due to programming issues. I give that claim some credence due to the fact that this isn't the first time a Madden team has stated this type of issue, meaning adding one thing, which unexpectedly effects something else. Specifically with regard to player movement, which I think Ian mentioned some issues with trying to add locomotion to defenders.
Personally, I simply want to see these conflicting issues. "Show me rather then tell me."

Any type of footage with true step implemented for all 22 players would be great, along with a coder/programmer highlighting what the conflicts are. A tech demo, anything. Would rather see them keep true step fully implemented and have team Madden huddle up and work out the external kinks. Clean up or remove the "external surroundings" to what's not allowing 22 true steps to work simultaneously.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 PM   #284
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Personally, I simply want to see these conflicting issues. "Show me rather then tell me."

Any type of footage with true step implemented for all 22 players would be great, along with a coder/programmer highlighting what the conflicts are. A tech demo, anything. Would rather see them keep true step fully implemented and have team Madden huddle up and work out the external kinks. Clean up or remove the "external surroundings" to what's not allowing 22 true steps to work simultaneously.
Why would any video game company/developer release a video to the public that shows their product with "issues/broken"?

No video game developer or any company for that matter is going to release a video or market their game with known issues. That would be silly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-19-2014, 07:29 PM   #285
MVP

OVR: 15

Clint and Rex- If any of you a reading this let me say that was a phenomenal gameplay video. While Madden still has a ways to go, particularly in the movement and animation department, there is no doubt the team they have assembled is PASSIONATE about making Madden a great sports game again.

I believe it will be at least another year or two before I can hop back on board, but I do believe they are "turning the corner". I have had twitter discussions with Clint and he always seems to take an honest (humble) approach, which I appreciate. In the past it seemed as though the Madden team was in a bubble and thought the game was great, while they continued to fall further and further behind other quality sports titles.

This video has given me hope for the future of Madden, which I had lost a few years ago. These guys are fixing many of the legacy issues and its clear that gameplay/presentation is improving.

I hope they take the next development cycle or two and pour a ton of resources into fixing the running animation and locomotion system (like NHL did) as well as flesh out the animation system in general. Since Madden 06' this game has looked so clunky in motion. Once they work that out, things will all start falling into place.

Would be real nice to see an overhauled penalty system as well. Including a significant variety of new animations for each penalty...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #286
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake

I gotta agree with Countryboy, it's cool if you don't believe the "official story" about them adding it, then having to take it out but expecting them to show us how bad it is so we can decide if it's acceptable is beyond the pale, imo.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #287
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I gotta agree with Countryboy, it's cool if you don't believe the "official story" about them adding it, then having to take it out but expecting them to show us how bad it is so we can decide if it's acceptable is beyond the pale, imo.
No, I believe them. Sure it's probably ludicrous for them to show it publicly.

It's just the approach seems to be backwards as TheTruth437 mentioned. If true step is truly a game changer as it seems it could very well be, they should have kept it in place and made it work. My concern is all the work that's completed and all foreseeable work being done might need to be scrapped to get 22 true steps working simultaneously. True steps could get Madden's players to move organically.

Edit: ... and then where would we be again, year 1 of a 3 year plan once 22 true steps implementation have been figured out? That's my concern.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 07-19-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #288
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

I like what I saw from the stream for sure. However, I am not satisfied with everything I have heard and or seen. You can see the progress that IS for sure, but you also see glaring issues still remaining in the game. I don't have to mention what everyone else has seen/commented on already. I don't understand why with these new consoles we still hear about tech roadblocks. I would imagine like with the previous consoles it simply has to do with the programmers, designers, and such not understanding the power they wield with the new hardware. With that said, I would bet in the near future as JP loves to put it ( I believe it is him anyway) we will see true step or some form of it for all 22 players as the dev teams learns how to harness the new power they possess.

This will be a first day purchase for me like it is every year but last year. I enjoyed Rex and RG's honesty and real desire to see the game improve and move towards a more simulation of Football rather than an arcade style knock'em around blitz style of game.

However I will not keep the game past a few weeks like I did M25 next gen if CFM has not seen any improvement over the boring CFM from last year. Matter of fact online has no appeal to me what so ever. Offline CFM or as I would like to continue calling it Franchise Mode needs expanded, practice needs to be productive for younger players on teams to actually improve themselves from week to week year to year. We need more General Manager type control over our team. I would like to see draft classes have meaningful and useful draft rounds with players you can improve and use for different styles of offense and defense as well as a better method for scouting.

There are other things I would like to see improved this year from on offline players prospective I just don't feel like listing them all right now.

Before I go I would like to tell JP. I love your enthusiastic optimism about this years game and the future of Madden under Rex & Cams ever watchful eye's. Don't listen to the haters and trolls... stay you man, I love reading your post's and appreciate all the time you spend finding useful links and creating threads on this "THE GREATEST FORUM ON THE INTERNET".

Goodnight !! And God Bless America !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »