Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #257
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

I'm not even willing to give the entire team a pass yet. Rex and the gameplay guys have chosen to move in a more sim direction and repair issues from the past and I applaud them for that.

Now...Josh Looman and the franchise team? Nah. They dont get a pass. They singlehandedly destroyed franchise by choosing to focus on Twitter feeds, hot dog prices and leveling up than things that people here are looking for. The fact that CFM doesnt have realistic stats, CPU v. CPU, individual defensive matchups, out of game formation subs or CPU controlled teams that play like they do in real life (without major tweaking) is ridiculous.

I'm interested in what they will present around August but I'm not hopeful based on the ****** focus they've had in past years.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #258
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous praise was the beauty of seeing a defender attack the correct shoulder instead of simply engaging the blocker straight on like it has always been. I just wanted to cry it was so beautiful. This sort of logic not only improves the game overall, but should also improve the efficacy of the 3-4 defense.
This a great example of what posters like LBz, Bezo, Senator Palmer, Giantblue76 and others have been talking about for years, that this kind of stuff, like attacking the outside shoulder, has nothing to do with User control or ******s, since it's in-game it should be implemented realistically. No ****** gamer is going to get frustrated because different dline fronts attacking in different ways, if anything they'll quickly pickup on and be glad that x play can defend outside runs. Implement real football when possible and it becomes much easier for everyone to understand and learn the basics of what's effective against what. The way it stands right now, you need a Phd in Maddenology to stop something as basic as an outside sweep and I'm glad that seems to be changing.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:48 PM   #259
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm not even willing to give the entire team a pass yet. Rex and the gameplay guys have chosen to move in a more sim direction and repair issues from the past and I applaud them for that.

Now...Josh Looman and the franchise team? Nah. They dont get a pass. They singlehandedly destroyed franchise by choosing to focus on Twitter feeds, hot dog prices and leveling up than things that people here are looking for. The fact that CFM doesnt have realistic stats, CPU v. CPU, individual defensive matchups, out of game formation subs or CPU controlled teams that play like they do in real life (without major tweaking) is ridiculous.

I'm interested in what they will present around August but I'm not hopeful based on the ****** focus they've had in past years.
Very true. The leveling XP system as a means to simulate player development is a narrow concept and just a disaster. The stats curve for passing completion/yards in simmed games is laughable with like a third of the league hitting under 40% completions. Obviously passing stats aren't the only problem either.

I'll harp on my most hated visual aspect of last year's gen 4 offering; the damned "living worlds" where the crowd/sideline media/camera guys are wearing shorts and t-shirts in the cold. I haven't seen any evidence this is fixed yet.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #260
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Now...Josh Looman and the franchise team? Nah. They dont get a pass. They singlehandedly destroyed franchise by choosing to focus on Twitter feeds, and leveling up than things that people here are looking for. The fact that CFM doesnt have realistic stats, CPU v. CPU, individual defensive matchups, out of game formation subs or CPU controlled teams that play like they do in real life (without major tweaking) is ridiculous.

You just mentioned my biggest problems with Madden. The unrealistic off field stuff. Especially the XP progression. If CFM were to become more realistic, which I believe a team oriented sports sim should strive for, I would have very few complaints with Madden.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #261
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Here's the entire 1hr 20 mins in YT version thanks to Simfballcritic http://youtu.be/w27YWRV-n1Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #262
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

This has to be the most positive Madden thread I've read in 4-5 years.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #263
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Very true. The leveling XP system as a means to simulate player development is a narrow concept and just a disaster. The stats curve for passing completion/yards in simmed games is laughable with like a third of the league hitting under 40% completions. Obviously passing stats aren't the only problem either.

I'll harp on my most hated visual aspect of last year's gen 4 offering; the damned "living worlds" where the crowd/sideline media/camera guys are wearing shorts and t-shirts in the cold. I haven't seen any evidence this is fixed yet.
We haven't seen any evidence either way yet, hopefully during the presentation livestream it will be shown or at least discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #264
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:

I remember even just a few years ago, someone (Josh himself maybe?) mentioned perhaps bringing in more of the offseason features from Head Coach into Madden's franchise mode. I wonder whatever happened to that.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet most fans would be willing to sacrifice the owner stuff for a deeper general manager mode. For example, what if they scrapped everything related to owner mode and swapped in everything from Head Coach's offseason mode? A pipe dream, I'm sure, but I wouldn't be able to fork over my money fast enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »